Last Chance U

joeycovers

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

One of the coaches let go was wearing a Longhorn cap. Google says he is from WI.

Yeah I was trying to find out more information to see if he played around here and was surprised to see everything was all Wisconsin. What was up with that dude by the way? Was he really not doing dorm checks and classroom checks? I mean what else did he have to do?

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

Just got through ep 6.

"I don't think anyone has the balls to hire me"

Lol okkkkkkk

You mean no one is dumb enough to commit career suicide by hiring a complete and total fuckstick. What a dumbass this guy is.

Guarantee he expects to replace Helton at USC next season. He'll end up settling for a Sun Belt QB coach job

Lol.  I love on the last episode when they show his house on Zillow.  For how much he brags about all his shit....it's a $150K house.

I saw a few different Cadillac emblems by players. I suspect used and at the low rate of 25% interest.

JB was right about the value of the degree by itself outside of law enforcement I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I saw a few different Cadillac emblems by players. I suspect used and at the low rate of 25% interest.

JB was right about the value of the degree by itself outside of law enforcement I suppose.

I want to see the Malibu beach house because I'm sure it's not made up at all.

• Like 1

I have heard that the producers had a hard time finding a new school to partner with because the overwhelming initial reaction to each season is negative for the school. Netflix will keep cranking out documentary/reality shows about sports teams but I think Last Chance U is done.

Interesting. I would think the national name exposure would be a boon for applications for several years. But obviously the show turns over the academic rocks and that is never gonna be pretty. Plus the show really needs at least one psycho alpha character, preferably the coach. Hope it comes back someplace

Not sure if this has been mentioned before because it is about 2 weeks old, but I just saw this.  Sounds horribad:

EXCLUSIVE: Friends and Cougar Town alumna Courteney Cox is set to headline and executive produce a scripted series in development at Spectrum Originals from Michael Strahan and Constance Schwartz-Morini’s SMAC Productions. The untitled Last Chance U project is inspired by the real-life trials and tribulations of Brittany Wagner, played by Cox, the breakout character from the first two seasons of the popular Netflix docuseries Last Chance U.

shutterstock_8967420e-2.jpg?w=389&h=259Photo by Marion Curtis/Starpix/Netflix/Shutterstock

Wagner was the academic advisor at East Mississippi Community College, a school known for its dominant athletic program that offers young athletes their last hope in achieving pro status. Wagner is committed to motivating struggling athletes to realize their fullest potential, while they push her to realize her own.

Cox is executive producer and host of Facebook Watch’s documentary series Nine Months with Courteney Cox via her Hopper Productions banner. The series received a best Short Form Series nomination for the inaugural Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards earlier this year and has been picked up for a second season. Cox’s additional producing credits include Celebrity Name Game alongside Freemantle/Debmar Mercury as well as Cougar Town and Dirt, in which she also starred.

On the film side, Cox produced Just Before I Go, which marked her feature directorial debut. She is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and WME.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Strahan has first-hand college football experience from his years at Texas Southern University. SMAC’s primetime gameshow The $100,000 Pyramid, hosted by Strahan, is currently airing its fourth season on ABC.

2 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

I have heard that the producers had a hard time finding a new school to partner with because the overwhelming initial reaction to each season is negative for the school. Netflix will keep cranking out documentary/reality shows about sports teams but I think Last Chance U is done.

they need to do this with juco basketball...less players to follow. better storylines. and as always the lulz will be brought. speaking from my own experience lol.

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before because it is about 2 weeks old, but I just saw this.  Sounds horribad:

EXCLUSIVE: Friends and Cougar Town alumna Courteney Cox is set to headline and executive produce a scripted series in development at Spectrum Originals from Michael Strahan and Constance Schwartz-Morini’s SMAC Productions. The untitled Last Chance U project is inspired by the real-life trials and tribulations of Brittany Wagner, played by Cox, the breakout character from the first two seasons of the popular Netflix docuseries Last Chance U.

shutterstock_8967420e-2.jpg?w=389&h=259Photo by Marion Curtis/Starpix/Netflix/Shutterstock

Wagner was the academic advisor at East Mississippi Community College, a school known for its dominant athletic program that offers young athletes their last hope in achieving pro status. Wagner is committed to motivating struggling athletes to realize their fullest potential, while they push her to realize her own.

Cox is executive producer and host of Facebook Watch’s documentary series Nine Months with Courteney Cox via her Hopper Productions banner. The series received a best Short Form Series nomination for the inaugural Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards earlier this year and has been picked up for a second season. Cox’s additional producing credits include Celebrity Name Game alongside Freemantle/Debmar Mercury as well as Cougar Town and Dirt, in which she also starred.

On the film side, Cox produced Just Before I Go, which marked her feature directorial debut. She is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and WME.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Strahan has first-hand college football experience from his years at Texas Southern University. SMAC’s primetime gameshow The $100,000 Pyramid, hosted by Strahan, is currently airing its fourth season on ABC.

Nooice. 

I'd rank her tops out of all the womenz

1. B Wag

2. Chance's Mom

3. Raechal the trainer

4. Pam Greer 

84. Jabba the Comp II teach

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I thought it was really entertaining but also pretty damn sad. Brown is a con man fuckboy.

I can’t imagine this not being renewed for another season, but where?

If it is....I never thought I could hate a coach more than the first one. Then came JB and proved me wrong. Who's next? Actual Hitler?

Only 4 episodes in..

The Garden City episode was amazing... the game itself almost seem scripted..

Scored TD on 1st play.

2nd poss 80 yard td run.

Then Punt return to the 10. 

Did he really leave Henry on the Bench the entire game other than the 1st play before he came in on the last drive? 

GC coach to say he doesnt care if he lost to Brown 40x in a row? sure bud.. you lost your mind after 1 loss and a close game in the 2nd match-up. 

Also during Hutchinson game.. down 10 with like 3 min left and Brown goes for the XP? What an idiot. 

On 7/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Clintonaldo said:

And just like that he lost his composure but I cannot say I blame him after all of the shit that was said the previous year. 

What exactly was said the previous year? I know they touched on it some but was it something specific?

i'd forgotten about this, but garden city had a player who died august 2018 - i'm guessing this was during the same season this was filmed? 

coach sims is referenced in the story but doesnt say much, if anything, because he's now at Missouri State, or whatever, but seeing him on film and then re-reading it...man.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/06/24/braeden-bradforth-death-heatstroke-kansas-juco-garden-city

"Players also said Sims taunted Bradforth during the practice. According to Bradley, Sims had given Bradforth a loaner pair of shoes to use, and wide receiver CJ Anthony heard Sims yell that he wanted his shoes back, which Anthony took as a motivational tactic to make Bradforth run faster. Three players recalled Sims telling them he spoke with Braeden’s biological father Sean Bradforth, who does not live with Atkins-Ingram and was in and out of Braeden’s teenage life. One player remembers Sims mentioning that Sean Bradforth had told Sims that Braeden was a hard worker in practice. (Sean Bradforth confirmed to SI that he had recently called Sims.) One player said Sims “was up in Bradforth’s face” while running and that he was a “hard-nosed coach,” but that’s how he was with all of his players. Other players corroborated this, saying Sims cussed Bradforth out and screamed at him. Bradley denies this, saying Sims is a “good coach,” though he conceded Sims’s “competitiveness makes him out to be crazy because he’s willing to do whatever.” The school’s summary made no note of any comments made by Sims during practice.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:29 PM, Helobious said:

Lulzed hard at Kailon Davis’ dad interview when he’s talking about meeting Kailon’s mom. “I’m an ass and titties man myself, I liked what she had going on.”

It looked like they were interviewing him while he was on break at work too.

Looked like he was finishing up his drive thru daiquiri before climbing back up into his big rig. 

This show does not bring out the best in humanity.  I think the worse part is that it's supposed to document these coaches and their programs but the camera plays too much of a role in the locker rooms, classrooms and field for all of these nutcases. No way the GC HC didn't watch last years episode and hear all the comments made by JB.  Clearly, this shit was burning up his brain cells all off season long.  

I was reading some comments from a person who watched some of the high level Juco games live on streaming channels and I get the idea that the football in these games is beyond unwatchable kind of bad. The plays on the Netflix series have only seconds from the gameplay and are often highlight plays where a quarterback throws a bad interception or a running back fumbles after running into a pile of guys. Almost all the footage from the games in this past season are coaches screaming obscenities, players getting injured, and just general dysfunction on the sidelines and the locker room.

When Indy plays Iowa Central most of the players on the field are D-2 level talent type of guys who don't have anything like the speed of Power 5 football. The guys who bounce back to the big teams at the next level are mostly backups, rotation players and guys added for depth. After four seasons, we may only have one NFL player from the show.

1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

I was reading some comments from a person who watched some of the high level Juco games live on streaming channels and I get the idea that the football in these games is beyond unwatchable kind of bad. The plays on the Netflix series have only seconds from the gameplay and are often highlight plays where a quarterback throws a bad interception or a running back fumbles after running into a pile of guys. Almost all the footage from the games in this past season are coaches screaming obscenities, players getting injured, and just general dysfunction on the sidelines and the locker room.

When Indy plays Iowa Central most of the players on the field are D-2 level talent type of guys who don't have anything like the speed of Power 5 football. The guys who bounce back to the big teams at the next level are mostly backups, rotation players and guys added for depth. After four seasons, we may only have one NFL player from the show.

Mack Brown's rosters the last few yrs say Hi!

Now I am watching the new Where are they Now? episode and the one running back gets out of jail and comes how and sees his brother playing Fortnite and looks at it like some kind of indecipherable alien culture, then their mom tells the camera that the kids will stay out of trouble because they are playing "that game" until six am.