Last Chance U

joeycovers

Okay, I finished the final Where Are They Now episode and the time they spend with Isaiah Wright is downright depressing to see him and his two brother from the show just sitting around playing Fortnite with his pregnant girlfriend on the couch. I thought he had a different pregnant girlfriend in the second EMCC season that focused on him in the final episodes.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I watched episode 1. It’s nice to watch a coach who isn’t an asshole/psychopath 

Yea dude seems like a good guy.

That DB is going to be fun to watch. Talks a lot of shit. "Google me, I'm #1 in California".

Edited by Bash Riprock

These kids are infinitely more likable than just about every player from the first few seasons after so far after 2 episodes. The coach is as well, for that matter. I think the no dorms or scholarship comment is right on with the way they seem to approach school. 

I finished the first episode and read some previews of the season. The program they are visiting and the season is not about guys with NFL dreams, there aren't many d-1 bouncebacks and the talent level isn't really there compared the EMCC and Indy. Its kids with jobs or difficult living situations trying to get anything they can out of football.

We're a couple episodes in I think. I'm glad I don't have to listen to that nightmare coach anymore. He was insane. 

I like the new season. Shows a team of kids just trying to make the best of their lives in hard situations. Make me root for them more. 

Halfway through the season. I really like this coach and I really like a lot of the kids more yet I miss the arrogance and the sleaziness from the other seasons. God Bless these teachers and coaches and I feel for most of these kids. They never stood a chance in life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, Junior Miller said:

Obligatory:

when he's describing the three types of athletes he recruited--the third being the good kid who went to a good university but didn't see any playing time and wants to go JUCO to have a good year and get re-recruited for a chance to play.  Wonder if the portal destroyed that?  

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

We're a couple episodes in I think. I'm glad I don't have to listen to that nightmare coach anymore. He was insane. 

I like the new season. Shows a team of kids just trying to make the best of their lives in hard situations. Make me root for them more. 

14 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Halfway through the season. I really like this coach and I really like a lot of the kids more yet I miss the arrogance and the sleaziness from the other seasons. God Bless these teachers and coaches and I feel for most of these kids. They never stood a chance in life. 

Yeah. The previous seasons were getting unwatchable due to the shittiness of the coach, and yet this season also lacks some of the drama that made the previous seasons a little more intriguing. Overall, it's nice to see a real coach and the more common lives of JUCO players than Independence or EMCC, but I'm probably good with only one season of this school.

I prefer the EMCC desperation and second chance nature of people I have actually heard about (I do not follow recruiting closely).    The coach was a bit shitty, and the town support was fun.  It is still football.   

I wondered about RJ and his route running issues.  Did anyone actually show him on the field how to run the route?  Rather than talking about it and maybe he could not put it together?

We finished it. Man, I was rooting for Dior the whole time. The shit he has had to overcome, and still is trying, damn. The coach actually started to grate on me over the season. He's a good guy and has good intentions, but the constant yelling and cussing during games just reminded me of the last crazy son of a bitch. 

More thoughts 

Spoiler

The coach actually started to grate on me over the season. He's a good guy and has good intentions, but the constant yelling and cussing during games just reminded me of the last crazy son of a bitch. It was just constant overreacting at every play. Any negative play happened he would go on a yelling rant and cuss out people. 

I enjoyed watching the delusional RJ. I mean I assume the coach was right. Just every practice or game, he wouldn't run the correct route and the coach would just light into him. haha. Same shit for 3 years, you can't take coaching. And then at the end, dude, you don't have the clock to be D-1. Hard truth. The kid obviously is hard worker but won't learn anything and thinks he runs a 4.5, which he doesn't. (side note: anyone else get a weird vibe from his parents friend?)

Man, I hope he makes it on Hawaii and gets a full ride. At least he already has his own place, that's better than his car. And I know his Dad was giving Dior what some might call "tough love" growing up. There is a difference between tough love and shaming your kid. Making him wear a dress to school and shaving his head. Stuff like that fucks people up on the inside. I'm glad Dior wouldn't talk to that fucker or accept his help. 

I love the assistant coaches would all go get fucked up together once a week or so. 

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Watching episode 1. Cb #2 talks all that shit getting exposed left and right. Typical loud mouth 

Speaking as a former stud JV DB, you have to have a bit of an edge to be a good corner. You need extreme confidence to carry yourself past the plays you will inevitably get burned on. The more you see of him the more you see that he’s just an ultra-competitive person that really loves football and cares about winning. He does talk a lot though.

• Like 1

It is difficult to tell, but maybe RJ just needed to be taught the route running differently. Maybe he didn’t understand and couldn’t translate that on the field because he didn’t practice it enough. Dude could play and when he got the ball.

Could Dior not score a tiny house like the other guy? That was freakin cool.

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

It is difficult to tell, but maybe RJ just needed to be taught the route running differently. Maybe he didn’t understand and couldn’t translate that on the field because he didn’t practice it enough. Dude could play and when he got the ball.

Could Dior not score a tiny house like the other guy? That was freakin cool.

I’ve been reading reviews on the season and it sounds like the coach is a little frustrated at how he came across with RJ and he wishes he was a little different with him. He also said cameras didn’t get everything. I really respected the coach this year.