Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Patrick Bateman

Way, way different vibe than the first one...... Hilariously, it looks like they typecast all the actors.  Millie Bobbie Brown is the weird girl with powers.  Vera Farmiga is the strange overbearing mom.  Charles Dance talks about Kings!!!!  Kyle Chandler will probably want to win football games.

As Godzilla was what I watched when I was a kid, I have to say I am pretty excited for this. Especially after whatever I watched on netiflix that was titled Godzilla 2 in anime. Anyway, can't exactly tell if the monsters are helping save the world or not but it seems different than the shoot missles at Godzilla and have it not work. And anything is better than... well that one Godzilla movie, the unspeakable one (did have a great soundtrack though). 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 3:46 PM, longhornmatt said:

Based on what I could discern about the plot from that trailer, this might be the dumbest movie ever made. 

Let's not overthink Godzilla vs. Mothra.  Just a simple, "Oh wow, that's Godzilla and Mothra, and now they're fighting" will suffice.

You might be the dumbest poster ever made, because Godzilla & Mothra are teaming up for this.

Fun fact: Godzilla is the longest continuously-running movie franchise in history. I’m stoked as fuck for this, huge Godzilla nerd.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Was that Gamera that 11 was trying to pet?

The “humans infected the earth” plot line is eye rolly. Hopefully she’s wrong and then it’s just monster fight destruction.

Gamera's rights are not owned by Toho.  Daiei Film were the owners of Gamera.  Sad but Gamera will probably never appear with the Toho monsters in a movie.  

Edited by PRONG HORN
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Yeah but Kong is the King......he whipped Godzilla's ass in the American version of KK versus Godzilla.

That ending was ambiguous, and it was hardly an ass kicking either way.

Godzilla vs Kong comes out in 2020, and I fully expect it to be completely shittastic. Horrible choice to have Adam Wingard direct, the Godzilla nerd-fan community is in uproar over it. However many people are excited for King of the Monsters, looks like good stupid fun.

12 hours ago, drewcifer said:

So is this in the same universe as the Kong: Skull Island movie from a few years ago? I liked that one much more than I anticipated I would.

Yes it is. And this time Kong won’t magically be the same size as Godzilla. We know he’s still growing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Both trailers are good. The first one reverently treats them as Gods, the second one shows them going all-out in slugfests. They play off each other well.

Every time someone tries to pack a Godzilla movie with mindless action, it bombs. The whole point of the violence and the character is the underlying message. That's why Shin Gojira was a hit in Japan.