Port Aransas

Paco

Not our beautiful life ... fishing cancelled this AM.

affc18fe73470ec66c84a9556b70adbe.jpg

No one is outside. Our AC is cranked and struggling to keep up. And it’s too windy to make shade so we are all stuck inside.

Beach is trashed, I actually hate humans right now.

c277b57e0856d710393932819a73d766.jpg

Water is pretty darn high they say the beach opens tomorrow though.

edb1bf8cd9b5248f252e31637ee2e6af.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

That’s nice of you. Phantom offer and all with the best excuse ever. Jk. Actually we are now outside enjoying things. Enough beers in and setting our TV situation up for tomorrow. Looking forward to less wind, less heat and the game. Considering extending til Wednesday to get a day of fishing in, not sure the kids like “camping” enough to convince them.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

I'd invite you over to watch the game, but it wouldn't be on because I'd be watching the Aggies.  At least I'm not blaming the Rona on it, though.😉

Actually, though...I'll be going to Costa Sur tomorrow so I'm sure I'll see a few Longhorns there since our games are at the same time...

Went to gaff tonight and they kicked us out at 9:15. Went to stingrays patio after that for a dessert beer. 
They aren’t showing the aggy game tomorrow.

I'd invite you over to watch the game, but it wouldn't be on because I'd be watching the Aggies.  At least I'm not blaming the Rona on it, though.

Actually, though...I'll be going to Costa Sur tomorrow so I'm sure I'll see a few Longhorns there since our games are at the same time...

I think I’ll pass. /wink emoji

giphy.gif

Hook ‘Em, F OU!

13 hours ago, justhookit said:

Went to gaff tonight and they kicked us out at 9:15. Went to stingrays patio after that for a dessert beer. 
They aren’t showing the aggy game tomorrow.

They were always good to us when we went to Stingray's to watch an Aggie game.  Oh well, I still like the place.

8 hours ago, troph said:

I think I’ll pass. /wink emoji

giphy.gif

Hook ‘Em, F OU!

So, Costa Sur was great for the game.  They even had the volume on for your game...

I had a Longhorn buddy show up to watch y'alls game while I watched mine.  He bailed towards the end because it was 31-17 OU...he missed a hell of a lot of good football regardless of the outcome.

BTW, I'd forgotten how good the food was there.  DAMN...it's good.

25 minutes ago, TexMex Horn said:

Well, I'll assume your response was meant to showcase the breadth of your wit, but you may not know that not all beaches allow vehicles or fire roaming dogs.  

We definitely don’t allow that

Edited by justhookit
damnit Hate

4 hours ago, TexMex Horn said:

Never been before. Is there a place to drive out on the beach & let a couple of dogs run free?

Go down to PINS and drive a few miles (make sure you have 4WD).  This time of year you should be able to find a place where you can't see anyone else in just a short drive.

Then let the dogs do whatever because there's no one there to bitch about it...

That's what we do.

Edited by Ag with kids

46 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

@justhookit  What's a good breakfast place in town?  I'm going to be up there tomorrow morning for a bit and figured I might stop and grab a bite.  It's been quite awhile since I've been there for breakfast time.

Best place is Black Marlin at the golf course but they are only doing breakfast on Sundays right now. Coaches is usually pretty good. It’s the little building across the parking lot from Giggitys. But beware it’s tiny so I’d sit outside if you can.

4 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Best place is Black Marlin at the golf course but they are only doing breakfast on Sundays right now. Coaches is usually pretty good. It’s the little building across the parking lot from Giggitys. But beware it’s tiny so I’d sit outside if you can.

What was Coaches before?  Because I went there years back, but it was named something else.

9 hours ago, Hate said:

At the golf course? I thought they closed it?

They reopened the old back 9 (with a couple holes modified) plus a 3 hole practice area near where the old 10 tee was. It’s kinda sad because it was such a good golf course, and it’s a long ways from that...but it’s open.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Start here 
https://tejascharters.wixsite.com/tejascharters
Sundays are slow so he might be able to do something. If not he can probably find someone good. Tell him you got a rec from his friend that owns PortAfino. Josh is a good dude, great fisherman, and a fellow Longhorn. He’s also very entertaining, was a cast member at Esther’s follies back in the day.

Just got off the boat with Josh. Great recommendation. My wife and I aren’t fishers by any stretch of the imagination. But we do like to fish when we have the opportunity and josh was perfect for us.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, texashorne said:

@justhookit

Heading to Port A in January.. want to take the 7 year old fishing..bay or deep sea fishing would be good.. whats biting that time of year and who would you recommend? 

Not the best time of year to be fishing for sure. For the bay the guy in the post three or four up from this is who I like. I’d imagine it would be black drum and trout but you’d get a better answer in the fishing thread. As for offshore it’s slow in the winter and red snapper season won’t be open in federal waters. Dolphin Docks has a party boat that does state water snapper trips. You might check on that. Just stop in and see what they’ve been catching. They’ll have photos of previous days trips. If it’s windy at all I wouldn’t go it would be rough on a 7 ye old unless they are used to offshore.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, justhookit said:

Not the best time of year to be fishing for sure. For the bay the guy in the post three or four up from this is who I like. I’d imagine it would be black drum and trout but you’d get a better answer in the fishing thread. As for offshore it’s slow in the winter and red snapper season won’t be open in federal waters. Dolphin Docks has a party boat that does state water snapper trips. You might check on that. Just stop in and see what they’ve been catching. They’ll have photos of previous days trips. If it’s windy at all I wouldn’t go it would be rough on a 7 ye old unless they are used to offshore.

Turns out its going to be December, just after Christmas. 27th-30th.. I doubt this changes much? I want to put the kid on some fish.. We tried pier and jetty fishing last time and we got skunked.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:26 AM, justhookit said:

PSA - Port A seems like it’s in the beginning of a Covid outbreak. Corpus has also been trending the wrong way for well over a week. I have a feeling we are going to see bar/restaurant/beach closings again soon.

I haven't heard anything yet here on NPI, but I wouldn't doubt that Judge Canales is just itching to lock us down again...which would suck.  I'm really liking being able to go out and about now...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Eggo said:

There's no way in hell I'm going to a bar or indoor restaurant anywhere, let alone a tourist spot. As long as I can walk/run on the beach and hear the ocean without getting near other humans, it'll be a successful trip. 

This.  We were down in October and did takeout and the beach.  Going back for NYE weekend and plan on doing the same.