2018 Military Parade

Pancho

It's not just a dog and pony show.   It's a draft dodger ordering troops to put on a dog and pony show just for him.  I can't imagine the uproar if Bill Clinton had the nerve to make the troops prance around for his ego, but for some reason that aspect doesn't matter when it comes to Trump, who gets purple hearts given to him by Vets despite trashing Gold Star parents, saying POWs aren't heroes, and the rest.

But, most of them voted for him as their CIC despite all that, so I suppose they're getting exactly what they wanted. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's not just a dog and pony show.   It's a draft dodger ordering troops to put on a dog and pony show just for him.  I can't imagine the uproar if Bill Clinton had the nerve to make the troops prance around for his ego, but for some reason that aspect doesn't matter when it comes to Trump, who gets purple hearts given to him by Vets despite trashing Gold Star parents, saying POWs aren't heroes, and the rest.

But, most of them voted for him as their CIC despite all that, so I suppose they're getting exactly what they wanted. 

He was about 50/50 in favorability with the military. October 2017. This poll is a year after the election though, so I imagine more voted for him in 2016 than liked him in 2017. However, 2016 post election polls were similar. 

Http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/26/military-times-poll-majority-troops-support-president-trump/802279001/

And his idiocy in 2018 has been legendary, so his favorability may have taken a further hit since that poll. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

I feel terrible about this for the soldiers that have to waste the time and energy to prepare for this.  It's in DC in November, so unless it rains, it shouldn't be too cold.  But DC is an overwhelmingly blue city.  Other than the MAGA chuckleheads who fly into town and the military families, nobody is going to go to this.   Like long swaths of Penn Ave are likely to be completely empty. 

Our soldiers deserve better if they gotta go through the work this involves, but DC/MD/VA residents just aren't going to show for this.

11 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I feel terrible about this for the soldiers that have to waste the time and energy to prepare for this.  It's in DC in November, so unless it rains, it shouldn't be too cold.  But DC is an overwhelmingly blue city.  Other than the MAGA chuckleheads who fly into town and the military families, nobody is going to go to this.   Like long swaths of Penn Ave are likely to be completely empty. 

Our soldiers deserve better if they gotta go through the work this involves, but DC/MD/VA residents just aren't going to show for this.

are you kidding?  trump is going to pay people and round them up by the busloads to attend, just like he did at his inauguration and he does at his pep rallies.  

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Hang on, I'm getting a psychic reading....I think this will be the best attended parade ever in the history of all times.  

Will Sean Spicer be reinstated to passionately announce this fantasy?

Just now, hpslugga said:

Will Sean Spicer be reinstated to passionately announce this fantasy?

No, but....hang on, I'm getting something....SHS will be masturbating furiously in the a dark corner of the Presidential podium and, just at the moment of climax, scream out "You media WHORES!!!"  just as she contorts that one eye spotting a coon sunk deep in her fat face.    

The future isn't pretty.

7 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Trying to make the false equivalency that a parade to stroke the ego of a puppet is some how the same as removing historic roadblocks to the civil rights of our people is completely asinine. These two things are not at all the same and it's not even in the same fucking realm of reality. As a Veteran, I dont really give a damn what civilians think of transgender servicemembers, gay servicemembers, women in combat or anything else when it comes to the military. If you've never served, then you really dont have the qualifications necessary to interject your opinion. The only question that needs to be answered is whether or not a servicemember can perform the mission they are assigned. If the answer Is yes, they have every right to perform said mission, if the answer is no then they should not be in the service.

Medical issues are between that specific servicemember and their doctor. Their doctor will make a determination for any limitations for whatever medical situation they are faced with.

Your want to be offended by someone else's gender identity or sexual orientation doesn't supersede thair right to serve faithfully and honorably with my brothers- and sisters-in-arms and myself. So fuck off with your butthurt cause we have more important shit to take care of.

The transgender, women in combat, social experimenting was no different than a parade. Rallying your political base.  Neither strengthen the military or add any value. But, both get your political base jazzed and supporting you.  

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Austin Orange said:

The transgender, women in combat, social experimenting was no different than a parade. Rallying your political base.  Neither strengthen the military or add any value. But, both get your political base jazzed and supporting you.  

That's right. Keep going.

LGBT and women can't be real patriots.  Those good for nothing negroes playing football aren't real patriots. 

Only white heterosexual men can be patriotic and defend this country.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Incorrect. Removing hurdles that should never have been there in the first place is not a social experiment. Diversity adds value as it enables any group who are sufficiently diverse to learn from each other where as groups that are not diverse will stagnate and not be able to form new ideas. Sure, in the immediate future they might survive, but over time the same ideas will keep getting recycled over and over. The only true superpower this country has is diversity. That diversity is the best thing we can possibly hope to put our hope for the future upon. I'm sorry you can't see that, but that's on you. So sit your punk ass down and get out of the way because progress stops for no one.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

are you kidding?  trump is going to pay people and round them up by the busloads to attend, just like he did at his inauguration and he does at his pep rallies.  

It'll be interesting to see the crowd. Odds are good that confederate flags may outnumber American flags.

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Oh, you love it when your town is filled with seamen?

I always thought fleet week was more shore leave than parade. 

The Fleet is in!  The annual Fleet Week at the Intrepid Air and Space Museum begins with the parade of ships. It's traditionally held during the week leading up to Memorial Day.

Held nearly every year since 1984, Fleet Week New York is the city's celebration of the sea services. It provides an opportunity for regular folks to meet Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, as well as see first-hand, the latest capabilities of today's maritime services. More than 4,500 service men and women from the U.S.

OUTRAGE!!!! The troops hate this stuff!!!

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

https://fleetweeksf.org/

Here is the fleet week schedule in San Francisco this year, including the parade.

OUTRAGE!!! The troops hate this stuff!!!

Lots of sailors and Marines get laid during fleet week.  A parade in Washington for Trump is not going to get a lot of people laid.  Probably not even Miller.

Plus, Navy personnel don’t have to go too far out of their way to do something like Fleet Week, because you know, that whole thing about the ship moves to where the action is, that and they frequently have to do this stuff when visiting foreign ports or hosting dignitaries.  Soldiers/Marines who are going to have to spend a lot more time and energy preparing equipment and themselves, moving said equipment and themselves to Washington, and then preparing equipment and themselves to move back to their original base.  Shit ain’t easy if you start involving trains.

The only major parade I had to go through where there were a lot of personnel involved was a change-of-command ceremony, and it was a real pain in the ass, even though I never left the base, and even though it is much smaller than the parade for Trump’s ego.  We still had to spend a shitload of time rehearsing/drilling, and cleaning equipment.  Loading that equipment on a train means that it will get dirty again and have to be cleaned at the destination. 

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's almost like you don't realize that 89% of Military Times readers said the parade was a bad idea. The response they selected was "No, It's a waste of money and troops are busy."

Oh, great. Did they also have the results of troops opinions on Charlie, junk on the bunk, and barracks inspections? Liberty briefs? Change of command ceremony? POTUS visits? Promotion ceremonies? Morning PT? Officer of the day? Area guard duty? Rifle watch? Fire watch?

Edited by Austin Orange
  • Fuck You 6

21 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

The Fleet is in!  The annual Fleet Week at the Intrepid Air and Space Museum begins with the parade of ships. It's traditionally held during the week leading up to Memorial Day.

Held nearly every year since 1984, Fleet Week New York is the city's celebration of the sea services. It provides an opportunity for regular folks to meet Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, as well as see first-hand, the latest capabilities of today's maritime services. More than 4,500 service men and women from the U.S.

OUTRAGE!!!! The troops hate this stuff!!!

Fleet week is really just a big party.  Of course the sailors love it.  They go around NYC getting shitfaced and getting blow jobs from girls in bar bathrooms.  The Trump street parade isn't even close to being the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Oh, great. Did they also have the results of troops opinions on Charlie, junk on the bunk, and barracks inspections? Liberty briefs? Change of command ceremony? POTUS visits? Promotion ceremonies? Morning PT? Officer of the day? Area guard duty? Rifle watch? Fire watch?

That’s military discipline, dumbass. That’s a whole other thing than a dog and pony show to stroke the cock of a draft dodger. One of these things is necessary and the other is a waste of time, tax money and a burden on morale. 

Yeah, they are going to have to move a fuck ton of equipment up and down 95, stage it in DC, and then shut the city down on Saturday to do the Parade.  This isn't like the Enterprise sailing into NYC and everybody taking their paycheck to party for a week.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My ten year vet buddy (retired as a captain) told me that he 11 percent in favor of this shit are the evangelical assholes in the officer corps. 

Wouldn't you know who won the pony?

22 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My ten year vet buddy (retired as a captain) told me that he 11 percent in favor of this shit are the evangelical assholes in the officer corps. 

Basically the people who won’t have to do much rehearsing, cleaning, and transport of the equipment/personnel.

2 hours ago, Austin Orange said:

It comes down to the individual’s right(ability) to serve, versus the capability of fulfilling the mission.

If they are capable, then WGAF?  If the individual is not, then do not lower standards to make the politics work.

Maintain the integrity of the whole deal.  It’s a 2-way street.

Exclusion of those who would otherwise be able to serve is an affront to liberty.  Endangering the lives of those who are serving for some social experiment is equally dangerous.

Edited by slorch

49 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, they are going to have to move a fuck ton of equipment up and down 95, stage it in DC, and then shut the city down on Saturday to do the Parade.  This isn't like the Enterprise sailing into NYC and everybody taking their paycheck to party for a week.

Good point. We already have a huge US Navy base in SF Bay and NY Harbor so the ships don’t have to go anywhere.  

And, if the troops get blow jobs, hen the other arguments about wasting their time, all the money the Govt spends on fleet week, and the rehearsals, dog and pony shows, etc... are justified here.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lots of sailors and Marines get laid during fleet week.  A parade in Washington for Trump is not going to get a lot of people laid.  Probably not even Miller.

Plus, Navy personnel don’t have to go too far out of their way to do something like Fleet Week, because you know, that whole thing about the ship moves to where the action is, that and they frequently have to do this stuff when visiting foreign ports or hosting dignitaries.  Soldiers/Marines who are going to have to spend a lot more time and energy preparing equipment and themselves, moving said equipment and themselves to Washington, and then preparing equipment and themselves to move back to their original base.  Shit ain’t easy if you start involving trains.

The only major parade I had to go through where there were a lot of personnel involved was a change-of-command ceremony, and it was a real pain in the ass, even though I never left the base, and even though it is much smaller than the parade for Trump’s ego.  We still had to spend a shitload of time rehearsing/drilling, and cleaning equipment.  Loading that equipment on a train means that it will get dirty again and have to be cleaned at the destination. 

Good point! Very few troops in the Nation Capital region. 

• Fuck You 2

I think the parade is a stupid idea but man the excuses on the troops having to clean shit makes me laugh.  When the fuck don't they have to clean shit move shit or do stupid shit. Maybe command is smart and move the stuff early and they get TAD to DC early.  The dude whose excuse about having to fill a rotation made me laugh.  Exactly what stateside mission are they having to fulfill?  We basically have 100K troops sitting stateside doing absolutely nothing right now.  

As far as the LGBT thing.  Oh shut the fuck up already.  The military should not and never should be non discriminating.  I served with gays.  There isn't a damn thing wrong with serving with them.  They are of sound mind and fitness.  Who they bang behind closed doors is none of my business.  Now as far as women in combat roles, you make every fitness test exactly the same.  Top 1 percent in fitness according to the women chart is failing for the men.  Don't even get me started on the transgender shit.

57 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

That’s military discipline, dumbass. That’s a whole other thing than a dog and pony show to stroke the cock of a draft dodger. One of these things is necessary and the other is a waste of time, tax money and a burden on morale. 

So, fleet week is something other than a dog and pony?  A good investment of time and tax money?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Austin Orange said:

Actually, of the types you mean?  Very few.  Joint Base Andrews is a logistics base, so unless you want to make a bunch of loaders, pilots, airplane mechanics, and MPs march Penn Ave, you're SOL.

There is a small parade Marine Unit at the Marine Barracks, and this is exactly their forte, along with the Marine Band.  Except its just a few hundred soldiers, so you're going to need to dig up about 6500 more.  Also, they don't have any vehicles beyond some trucks and a few Humvees for security.   The next closest base with actual troops is Qauntico, which has security and training regiments. 

I assume you aren't actually stupid enough to think the officers and enlisted men at the Pentagon will be forced to march in Parade formation.

Again, you want all the shiny military hard ware?  You will probably have to move it up from NC and Georgia. Which means either shipping it by rail then trucking it to down town DC.

7 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Good point. We already have a huge US Navy base in SF Bay and NY Harbor so the ships don’t have to go anywhere.  

And, if the troops get blow jobs, hen the other arguments about wasting their time, all the money the Govt spends on fleet week, and the rehearsals, dog and pony shows, etc... are justified here.

6 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

2 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

So, fleet week is something other than a dog and pony?  A good investment of time and tax money?

hXQ4NFZ.png

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Austin Orange said:

Fleet week is vacation for the troops.  The Trump parade is work for the troops.  You don't understand the difference?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

The Navy vets say they enjoy it and it boosts morale. Soldiers and Marines are not going to enjoy this and so it will not boost morale. It’s like difference between playing in an all star game — dicking around in Hawaii for a week and going half as on game day — and summer two a days. 

4 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I think the parade is a stupid idea but man the excuses on the troops having to clean shit makes me laugh.  When the fuck don't they have to clean shit move shit or do stupid shit. Maybe command is smart and move the stuff early and they get TAD to DC early.  The dude whose excuse about having to fill a rotation made me laugh.  Exactly what stateside mission are they having to fulfill?  We basically have 100K troops sitting stateside doing absolutely nothing right now.  

As far as the LGBT thing.  Oh shut the fuck up already.  The military should not and never should be non discriminating.  I served with gays.  There isn't a damn thing wrong with serving with them.  They are of sound mind and fitness.  Who they bang behind closed doors is none of my business.  Now as far as women in combat roles, you make every fitness test exactly the same.  Top 1 percent in fitness according to the women chart is failing for the men.  Don't even get me started on the transgender shit.

Let me know when all standards are the same for men and women in the military. Hasn’t happened and never will.

Also, as a commander, please be clear in what standards I hold the transgender people to. KTHXBAI.

• Fuck You 2

You combine the 4 branches plus the coast guards honor guard and their bands and you already have 2000 people.  Plus they are already in DC.  Ship 100 vehicles from camp Lejeune.  Ask for volunteers from.weekend warriors and the willing and you have your 7000.  You guys act like it's going to be forced shit or something.  I bet if the CO says hey who wants to spend a week in DC to be in the parade.  You'd get more volunteers than needed.  But don't forget about the poor soldiers.

Uh, no.  You don't just grab a rando National Guard unit, have them put on their dress outfit and march them down the street.  They'll need to bring Various Honor guards into town, find accommodations, practice, coordinate logistics, etc.  I'm sure a bunch of guys are gonna be PSYCHED to be pulled away from their families so they can help Trump feel like he's got a big dick.

I know hating on DC is fun times for yall, but you know this is an actual working city, right?  Moving 100 military vehicles into the heart of the city will bring the whole fucking town to a halt. Plus they'll have to restrict landings at National during the parade for safe airspace reasons.

21 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Actually, of the types you mean?  Very few.  Joint Base Andrews is a logistics base, so unless you want to make a bunch of loaders, pilots, airplane mechanics, and MPs march Penn Ave, you're SOL.

There is a small parade Marine Unit at the Marine Barracks, and this is exactly their forte, along with the Marine Band.  Except its just a few hundred soldiers, so you're going to need to dig up about 6500 more.  Also, they don't have any vehicles beyond some trucks and a few Humvees for security.   The next closest base with actual troops is Qauntico, which has security and training regiments. 

I assume you aren't actually stupid enough to think the officers and enlisted men at the Pentagon will be forced to march in Parade formation.

Again, you want all the shiny military hard ware?  You will probably have to move it up from NC and Georgia. Which means either shipping it by rail then trucking it to down town DC.

Dude. Where do you get your info?

Quantico has 4500 Marines, Fort Belvoir has 4500 and another 10,000 reservists.. tons of ceremonial units that are used for parading.... Bands, Naval Academy, Old Guard, 8th and I, Marine Corps OCS, etc... 

• Fuck You 1

Fort Belvoir?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Those aren't parade units.  Other than the National Guard Unit, those are all logistics, command, info sys, air support, etc. units.  Most of those soldiers haven't done parade since basic training.   I'm sure the Plebs and Midshipman are gonna be fucking pysched to have to lose two days of studies at the hardest school in the country to do parade practice and come to DC.

You dipshits do know that the vast bulk of soldiers are not combat soldiers, but support, right?  And even the ones who are, they don't parade regularly.  At least not a presidential parade from the Capitol to the White House.

Quantico is a training and OCS base.  Again, not people that do parades. Unless of course you agree with the actual people who are/where in the military on this page who point out that being a non honor unit and forced to parade is awful and requires enormous effort and expense. 

Edited by Bateshorn