Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

On 5/20/2018 at 1:22 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I put the +/- on games until he quits or is benched at 3.5. The only wildcard is if ticket sales are through the roof even if he sucks, they may keep him on longer.

They would have been better off signing Tim Tebow.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just looked at Tex-Ags football forum. Seven of the threads ----- SEVEN ----- are about Johnny Manziel, a player who has not played for them in five seasons.  It's like they had one small taste of one great player and they can't give it up.

And yet we have a four-page thread dedicated to him...

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

#ComebackSZN will officially begin on the bench.

Johnny Manziel's Canadian Football League coach told reporters Thursday the former Heisman Trophy winner has ZERO chance of being the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' Week 1 starter next month.

Check out Ticats coach June Jones' exchange with a reporter on the matter:

Q: "Is there any scenario that Manziel could push [Jeremiah] Masoli for the No. 1 job? Like if Jeremiah's healthy Week 1, is he going to start?"

Jones: "[Laughs] Absolutely, absolutely."

Q: "So there's no scenario that --"

Jones: "No."

11 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

#ComebackSZN will officially begin on the bench.

Johnny Manziel's Canadian Football League coach told reporters Thursday the former Heisman Trophy winner has ZERO chance of being the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' Week 1 starter next month.

Check out Ticats coach June Jones' exchange with a reporter on the matter:

Q: "Is there any scenario that Manziel could push [Jeremiah] Masoli for the No. 1 job? Like if Jeremiah's healthy Week 1, is he going to start?"

Jones: "[Laughs] Absolutely, absolutely."

Q: "So there's no scenario that --"

Jones: "No."

If this doesn't work out for Johnny, he can always try out for 3rd string on the Cincinnati Bengals..!

On 5/29/2018 at 6:44 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yes, one thread. It's a football board. We also have a two-page thread dedicated to Larry Culpepper, a two-page thread dedicated to Mark Mangino, multiple threads on Mike Leach etc... 

Give it time.  The Manziel thread on shaggy was well over 500 pages.

Looking forward to seeing him play. I have gotten over my hatred of Manziel and Tebow.  At this point their failures have lost their luster, and it has gotten sad and I find myself pulling for them to make it out of the shit.    I dunno I suppose I like a good comeback story.   I hope to see Manziel play well in the CFL. I just wish Tebow and Kaepernick were willing to take the same route. I just want to see some good football again because despite my personal feeling about any of them, they were good football players. 

• Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

aA5kZeJ.gif?noredirect

I don't think that image is going to work. Damn.

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

Are you not entertained?

Yep. Why does everyone think throwing has to with height? My issue with John is that I think he will fold mentally if he doesn't have immediate success. If he's truly bipolar and self medicating the end isn't great.

There are so many success stories of bipolar people who are not famous. Those who seek fame? Are famous\infamous? No clue. I wish him the best. 

Looking forward to seeing him play. I have gotten over my hatred of Manziel and Tebow.  At this point their failures have lost their luster, and it has gotten sad and I find myself pulling for them to make it out of the shit.    I dunno I suppose I like a good comeback story.   I hope to see Manziel play well in the CFL. I just wish Tebow and Kaepernick were willing to take the same route. I just want to see some good football again because despite my personal feeling about any of them, they were good football players. 

Nice try aggy.

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. Why does everyone think throwing has to with height? My issue with John is that I think he will fold mentally if he doesn't have immediate success. If he's truly bipolar and self medicating the end isn't great.

There are so many success stories of bipolar people who are not famous. Those who seek fame? Are famous\infamous? No clue. I wish him the best. 

John???

Just now, Beau Vine said:

John???

Johnny? Then?  I can't imagine when he was born his dad went "here's Johnny!" I assume his given name was John. Not much better when u have to wait to use one. I just figured he self applied the johnny. It makes sense.

I’m rooting for him.  who doesn’t love a good comeback story?  remember on the shag a few years ago that pic someone posted of him at shoal creek sitting on the patio and he looked like a homeless meth addict?  and now he’s getting paid a few hundred grand to play ball again.  I think it’s kinda cool. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s not that they are hard to kill. By nature they are pussies. The problem is the infestation. They breed like rabbits and spread like a disease.

fify

I’m rooting for him.  who doesn’t love a good comeback story?  remember on the shag a few years ago that pic someone posted of him at shoal creek sitting on the patio and he looked like a homeless meth addict?  and now he’s getting paid a few hundred grand to play ball again.  I think it’s kinda cool. 
I don't have any issues with Manziel. He hates Aggy as much as we do. He loves to party, drink and fuck whores. Something that is celebrated on here.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, futureman said:

I don't have any issues with Manziel. He hates Aggy as much as we do. He loves to party, drink and fuck whores. Something that is celebrated on here.

Related image

• Like 2

4 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

T-shirt fans. 

My coed kickball team has voted that this week's "uniform" is going to be "jorts & tank-tops"... plus, we need at least two more girls, so if your avatar is in the Denver area Thursday night around 7pm...

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new, but always fun to read about the adventures of johnny foolball.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/

UPDATE: Last night, Johnny Manziel dropped all the way to the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, to the surprise of many. As Johnny Football’s stock plummeted before our eyes, a tipster, who is close to BroBible family, contacted us saying that he obtained Johnny Manziel’s scouting report from a New England Patriots employee. He then sent us the PDF file of said scouting report. After vetting the document and ascertaining that the author of the original document is a member of the Patriots organization, we feel it is an official New England Patriots document. The report was offered to several other media outlets, but due to our relationship with the source we were given the exclusive.

The Patriots intel doesn’t exactly paint Manziel in a favorable light, knocking his off-the-field work ethic, personal life choices, and although it stops short of calling him a locker room cancer, it says there is resentment from his teammates “in the offseason when he isn’t coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.” The report goes on to question the family he comes from, noting that it’s a family with “outlaw bloodlines,” whatever the hell that means.

The Patriots’ report does, however, praise his size saying that Manziel boasts, “High, knotted calves, with pretty gd. thickness through the thighs and bubble” and that that he has “big hands and feet.”

It’s unclear if similar conclusions were reached by the other 31 NFL teams, but it certainly highlights concerns about the Heisman Trophy winner.

Here are some of the excerpts

On his family:

• From the vibe of online articles, father seems a little too involved and overstepping his boundaries.
  • Vibe on this guy keeps getting worse. Support staff members are sick of him and ready for him to go. Described as a cocky, me-guy.
  • Loves football, FBI is high as well. Everything has been pretty well-documented in online articles about the kid, but sources say he’s a spoiled brat (grandfather gives him allowance, father bought him luxury car).
  • Comes from ‘outlaw bloodlines’, mom moved the family to Kerrville to get away from father’s wild family. Father’s family is said to be very shady people, always into something, they are the root of Johnny’s personality.

On his psyche:

• Couple of TXTC sources say can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past.

On his work ethic:

• Doesn’t study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in ’12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during ’12 was before ALUN.
  • Knows how to scheme the system, arrogant and full of himself, but he’s not smug to coaches. Has been like this since Day 1, has never gone to class, goes to beat of own drum, but has ultimate confidence.

On how his teammates view him:

• Teammates don’t dislike him, but there’s some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn’t coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.

The full report is below.

Spoiler

Follow BroBible on Facebook

johnny manziel patriots scouting report

johnny manziel patriots scouting report

We reached out to the Patriots organization but our request for comment was not immediately returned. We also understand that the report has an old Patriots logo. Considering that the document was an ongoing update of Manziel, and created before their logo change, we determined that detail was minor and not something we should base the report’s validity on.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Augustus said:

Could be worse, I suppose.  Like, if he had been cut by a CFL team. 😎

Hmmmmm...

Vince won a trophy that actually means something. We’ll give him a pass. Maybe you can ask your great, great grandpappy what it’s like seeing your team win a championship.

Wait, y’all only count what happened since 1980. Never mind. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Augustus said:

Could be worse, I suppose.  Like, if he had been cut by a CFL team. 😎

Well it probably will happen and he won't be a 34 year old cut because of a leg injury.

saw Hamilton was playing while flipping channels and wasted a quarter looking to see manziel on anything but the sideline.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel to the Montreal Alouettes, a source confirmed to ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

Manziel, offensive tackle Tony Washington and offensive lineman Landon Rice were sent to Montreal in exchange for defensive end Jamaal Westerman, wide recever Chris Williams and two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, the source said.

TSN first reported the news.

Manziel never saw the field with Hamilton, which has been led by quarterback Jeremiah Masoli. Masoli tied a CFL record with nine straight 300-yard passing games before the team's Week 5 bye.

In Montreal, Manziel will be reunited with coach Mike Sherman, under whom Manziel red-shirted at Texas A&M in 2011.

He will battle for the quarterback job with Drew Willy, Jeff Mathews and Matt Shiltz, all of whom have been tested by Montreal, which is 1-4 and in last place in the CFL's four-team East Division.

Manziel will try to improve an offense that ranks last in the league in points scored and rushing yards, tied for last in turnovers and is seventh of nine teams in passing yards.

Montreal is gawd-awful on offense.  They have no RB, their line sucks, and yeah, their passing game sucks.