Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

Johnny Manziel throws touchdown, takes three sacks in The Spring League debut.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23069095/johnny-manziel-returns-gridiron-spring-league

Manziel completed his first seven passes and finished with nine completions in 15 attempts for 82 yards for the South squad.

The league has one more set of games scheduled for Thursday, after which Manziel hopes to receive interest from NFL teams. If not, he has said he likely will make a two-year commitment to play in the Canadian Football League.

Off to Hamilton it is, then...

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

That video looks like a low level rec league game around Thanksgiving time.

And Manziel looks nothing like an NFL QB - probably 5'10-5'11, 190 lbs at best.  

the fact that we have video of this "league" is pathetic.   He threw 3 picks and fumbled once and we gotta hear about GMs talking about his potential??   When we have real football players about to get drafted.    Good grief.   Fuck that guy but double fuck the media for covering this shit.

Edited by d2o

6 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I was trying to think of another washout whose “comebacks” get that kind of coverage. Tebow’s irritating but he actually won some shit before 

Johhny beat Bama that one time.  More than anything Tebow ever won.  Stupid sip.

/aggy

13 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I was trying to think of another washout whose “comebacks” get that kind of coverage. Tebow’s irritating but he actually won some shit before 

Tebow is irritating, but even his biggest critics have to admit that personally, he's a standup guy. Manziel defines douchiness and everything that is wrong with America. If you like Manziel, you suck and should be ashamed.

13 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Tebow is irritating, but even his biggest critics have to admit that personally, he's a standup guy. Manziel defines douchiness and everything that is wrong with America. If you like Manziel, you suck and should be ashamed.

I6SCyL9IyMcLfuddlCZ7LamLZ8ahFYXcpk6mh0aU

• 2 weeks later...

This was on the old thread on shaggy and I feel that it needs to be over here on surly.

Since aggy does a 12 under 12, here's my nominee:

Johnny "Fucking Shot His Wad" Manziel. He managed to dodge multiple criminal offenses in Kerrville, Texas due to his ability to run and throw a football much better than Uncle Rico. He then matriculated down the field to "the Station" where multiple parking tickets made him despise every minute of his time there except for the signing autographs for money part, the money phone part, the getting shitfaced with Spav and Sumlin part, and the cornholing Billy Liucci part. He enjoyed one half season of glory in Cleveland for the Browns until he decided to don a wig and go to Vegas. He is now back in the Station president of a lucrative apparel business.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I had a reaction to an increased dosage in Lithium which I take for my Bipolar disorder.

I don't think burning yourself with the spoon or lighter or sticking a dirty needle in your arm count as reactions to Lithium but hell I ain't no doctor

4 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I don't think burning yourself with the spoon or lighter or sticking a dirty needle in your arm count as reactions to Lithium but hell I ain't no doctor

I don't think you're supposed to drink alcohol while taking lithium and based on Rex Kramer's quoted post about him boozing heavily in Vegas, makes you go hmm.

Lithium toxicity can develop rather quickly if the patient doesn't stay hydrated. If he was boozing recently (a source of dehydration) and his dosage was recently increased, not surprising he landed in the hospital. But like most patients, they like to blame the medication for everything.