Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Never said it didn't.  I'm commenting on her, this is a thread about AOC after all, so that comment seems relevant to the thread.  Hopeful ideals are about the only way anyone gets anyones votes today.

I'm addressing the blatant hypocrisy of those who criticize her for being idealistic, yet can't find it in themselves to criticize Trump's blatant lies.  Lies are far worse than ideals, but the modern right wing will take a shit shovel full of lies and just ask for more. 

Edited by jimmyjazz

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There are certainly a bunch of people who support trump while criticizing AOC. But there are also a lot of people on here that refuse to acknowledge she has a lot of really unrealistic dumb ideas.

Most of the criticism leveled at her misrepresents her ideas. 

• Like 3

Correct.  They just hate that she's a brown woman who's willing to speak her mind.

I know it makes you feel good to lash out and call everyone a racist. It’s become an often used tool by many Democrats, and is done on this website by posters a dozen times a day or more.

But making those reckless charges over and over are one of the reasons we are stuck with Trump in the White House. People don’t like being wrongly called a racist any more than you would like being called a name. It only hurts your cause. You would have more success by rising above the juvenile behavior of Trump and the Republicans rather than matching it.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm not a racist and i'm going to prove it by voting for a guy who gives cover to racists!

-totally not racist person, probably

I was gonna say, voting for Donald Trump is probably the very worst way to communicate to “liberals,” even the ones who have a tendency to overplay the race card, that said liberals are wrong and that they’re indeed not racist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I know it makes you feel good to lash out and call everyone a racist. It’s become an often used tool by many Democrats, and is done on this website by posters a dozen times a day or more.

But making those reckless charges over and over are one of the reasons we are stuck with Trump in the White House. People don’t like being wrongly called a racist any more than you would like being called a name. It only hurts your cause. You would have more success by rising above the juvenile behavior of Trump and the Republicans rather than matching it.

Non-racists don’t vote for nazis out of spite because they were called racists.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Or people could just, ya know, not be racist. 

• Like 2

And I should have added, this seems too similar to people who pretended to sound smart by claiming “PC liberals and their condescending attitudes pushed people to vote for Trump.”

This is just a silly and ridiculous canard that’s offered by intellectual inferiors in order to conceal the fact that they’re incapable of forming a coherent thought.

Now, here’s the deal: if you just read that bolded sentence and got so mad that you said “well I was going to vote for Biden or Bernie, but now that you said that, I choose Trump,” quite frankly you deserve to be mocked in that exact fashion.

Seriously, that has to be the absolute worst non sequitur of all time, ranking right up there with “I hate Tide, therefore I’m going to wash my laundry in Coca Cola.” 

There’s no logic in that. It’s pure, psychotic emotionalism in its absolute worst form. You gain absolutely nothing by voting against your interest just to piss off somebody else. That picture of the two knuckledraggers with the “I’d rather be a Russian than a Democrat” t-shirts is a perfect emblem of what they and freaking men and women like them are: a pathetic, wreck of a person who’d sell what’s left of their dignity for a handful of pocket change.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

i'm not a racist and i'm going to prove it by voting for a guy who gives cover to racists!

-totally not racist person, probably

The topic was AOC’s bad ideas and there was no reference to Trump whatsoever, so your juvenile response is another example of how you hurt your own cause. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

I was gonna say, voting for Donald Trump is probably the very worst way to communicate to “liberals,” even the ones who have a tendency to overplay the race card, that said liberals are wrong and that they’re indeed not racist. 

The topic was AOC’s bad ideas and there was no reference to Trump whatsoever, so your juvenile response is another example of how you hurt your own cause. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

And I should have added, this seems too similar to people who pretended to sound smart by claiming “PC liberals and their condescending attitudes pushed people to vote for Trump.”

This is just a silly and ridiculous canard that’s offered by intellectual inferiors in order to conceal the fact that they’re incapable of forming a coherent thought.

Now, here’s the deal: if you just read that bolded sentence and got so mad that you said “well I was going to vote for Biden or Bernie, but now that you said that, I choose Trump,” quite frankly you deserve to be mocked in that exact fashion.

Seriously, that has to be the absolute worst non sequitur of all time, ranking right up there with “I hate Tide, therefore I’m going to wash my laundry in Coca Cola.” 

There’s no logic in that. It’s pure, psychotic emotionalism in its absolute worst form. You gain absolutely nothing by voting against your interest just to piss off somebody else. That picture of the two knuckledraggers with the “I’d rather be a Russian than a Democrat” t-shirts is a perfect emblem of what they and freaking men and women like them are: a pathetic, wreck of a person who’d sell what’s left of their dignity for a handful of pocket change.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

“But making those reckless charges over and over are one of the reasons we are stuck with Trump in the White House. People don’t like being wrongly called a racist any more than you would like being called a name”

You're literally trying to rubber stamp a retort to three different posts that addressed this exact comment. It’s not helping, and you’re wasting your time with these feeble attempts at being clever.

Edited by hpslugga

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

“But making those reckless charges over and over are one of the reasons we are stuck with Trump in the White House. People don’t like being wrongly called a racist any more than you would like being called a name”

You're literally trying to rubber stamp a retort to three different posts that addressed this exact comment. It’s not helping, and you’re wasting your time with these feeble attempts at being clever.

No one is surprised that you can’t even grasp the basic issue because of your infantile thought processes. You should go back and read it all again three more times, and maybe even have someone explain it to you. Your posts are a dead giveaway that you are pretty clueless  

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

But making those reckless charges over and over are one of the reasons we are stuck with Trump in the White House.

2020-02-18-21-25-24.png

what's juvenile is trump voters refusing to own their own fucking choices.  OH THE LIBURULS! (which, of course, conservatives turned into an epithet) ON THE INTARTRONS CALLED SOMEONE A RACIST WELL I WON"T VOTE FOR NO LIBURURLS

if you voted for trump fucking own your own goddamn decision instead of pussying out and blaming everyone else.  you know, personal fucking responsibility (as if conservatives actually gave a shit about that). you can't even take responsibility for bringing trump into this conversation, trying to gaslight us all when we've got the motherfucking receipts.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

I have read it. If you didn’t want the discussion to devolve into something about racists and Donald Trump, perhaps you shouldn’t have made the comment, which was pure horseshit to begin with and that’s all we were pointing out. The fact that you’re butthurt about it has nothing to do with me or anyone else you’re mad at. The rest of your post is just fabricated projectionism, and you know it.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, elfenix said:

2020-02-18-21-25-24.png

what's juvenile is trump voters refusing to own their own fucking choices.  OH THE LIBURULS! (which, of course, conservatives turned into an epithet) ON THE INTARTRONS CALLED SOMEONE A RACIST WELL I WON"T VOTE FOR NO LIBURURLS

if you voted for trump fucking own your own goddamn decision instead of pussying out and blaming everyone else.  you know, personal fucking responsibility (as if conservatives actually gave a shit about that). you can't even take responsibility for bringing trump into this conversation, trying to gaslight us all when we've got the motherfucking receipts.

Seriously this is like if someone attended a seminar about particle physics, stood up and babbled about botany, someone else pointed out that his botanical comments were utter nonsense, and then the guy snipes back “this forum is about particle physics!!!”

People wonder why the two political parties are at each other throats when it’s obvious it’s because of idiots like you on both sides.

You devolve every conversation into calling people names without ever taking responsibility for your own actions that caused the issues in the first place. And it’s pointless to try to explain basic facts to you because it always circles back around to you constantly whining about the other side thru your own warped perspective of reality.

This thread is about AOC. The facts are that she has advocated some very naive and unrealistic ideas. And yet you morons can’t even understand that because you are so blinded by your ideology. So instead, you little punks start crying racist racist again, like you always do.

Then, you are so stupid, that you can’t even understand how your own infantile behavior causes people to cast their lot against you. Your lack of self awareness is amazing.

Trump being a bad person or not, or an idiot, is irrelevant for a dozen reasons. He’s a con man that convinced a bunch of people to vote for him. But many, many did it because of you. You. Not him. It is an indisputable fact. Go become better read if you don’t believe that. But you just can’t possibly accept facts. Because you live in a fantasy world where it all has to be about how bad the other people are, because you can’t see your own responsibility for putting him in office.

Calling people racists, stupid ideas from AOC, unrealistic policies from Bernie, there a many many reasons why 40-45% of this country believes you are the morons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Man, this is such a load.

The right has consistently chosen women of color as representative of the Dems and then held them up as idiots. They were pretty good at picking idiots until AOC who consistently outclasses them. The rep from Houston, the black woman, was ballyhooed by Rush and the boys who, of course, weren't addressing race, nooooo, it was about her politics. Bullshit. Most Dems in the country couldn't even identify her if it wasn't for the right's hate engine.

Then when they get called on the racism, the right (now solidly Trumpist) gets all offended. If you'd be nicer, we wouldn't vote for racist idiots who don't care about the republic; you give us no choice! Just be nice like we are!

Such baseless sanctimony. Irony deafness is a hell of a disease.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

People wonder why the two political parties are at each other throats when it’s obvious it’s because of idiots like you on both sides.

You devolve every conversation into calling people names without ever taking responsibility for your own actions that caused the issues in the first place. And it’s pointless to try to explain basic facts to you because it always circles back around to you constantly whining about the other side thru your own warped perspective of reality.

This thread is about AOC. The facts are that she has advocated some very naive and unrealistic ideas. And yet you morons can’t even understand that because you are so blinded by your ideology. So instead, you little punks start crying racist racist again, like you always do.

Then, you are so stupid, that you can’t even understand how your own infantile behavior causes people to cast their lot against you. Your lack of self awareness is amazing.

Trump being a bad person or not, or an idiot, is irrelevant for a dozen reasons. He’s a con man that convinced a bunch of people to vote for him. But many, many did it because of you. You. Not him. It is an indisputable fact. Go become better read if you don’t believe that. But you just can’t possibly accept facts. Because you live in a fantasy world where it all has to be about how bad the other people are, because you can’t see your own responsibility for putting him in office.

Calling people racists, stupid ideas from AOC, unrealistic policies from Bernie, there a many many reasons why 40-45% of this country believes you are the morons.

So, you're mad that people call people names. Next, you call people who addressed your point "morons."

Again, irony deafness.

There are certainly a bunch of people who support trump while criticizing AOC. But there are also a lot of people on here that refuse to acknowledge she has a lot of really unrealistic dumb ideas.

This. I detest Trump. And while I admire her chutzpah, I am not a fan of many of her ideas. It has zero to do with her being a woman (so am I) or a Latina, and everything to do with those ideas and plans being unrealistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

what a load of self-aggrandizing horseshit.  you can't even bother taking responsibility for your own take here and you're trying to preach to the rest of us.  get the fuck outta here with that.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This. I detest Trump. And while I admire her chutzpah, I am not a fan of many of her ideas. It has zero to do with her being a woman (so am I) or a Latina, and everything to do with those ideas and plans being unrealistic.

the democrats have had to be the adults in the room for 40 years of childish right wing whinging about LIBUHRULS DESTROYING AMERICA and unrealistic republican ideas such as "tax cuts will pay for themselves!," "we can explode the military budget while cutting taxes and the deficit!," and "we'll be welcomed as liberators!," and all it's gotten them is further advancement of republican policy, conservative domination of the judiciary, the greatest wealth divide since the 1920s, and a fucked environment.  i say let the left try its unrealistic ideas.  if they work out as well for the left as the right's ideas have for the right then the left will succeed pretty fucking well. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 4

Thank you. Im brown and think shes a ding bat. Maybe airhead ala s. palin.
The old racist card gets used way too often. Thats why no one really believes it happens when idiots like trump really spout it. And for the record browns are some of the most racist people on earth.
Yea but what about fatass dotard!!!
Same as reps yea but what about hillary! / csb

8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Yeah, aren't you?

Irony deafness. Actually, you're just disingenuous. You know you're stirring up trouble while hiding behind a horrendously dumbed down version of the Socratic method. The approach is at about the level of Socrates' toe cheese.

22 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Thank you. Im brown and think shes a ding bat. Maybe airhead ala s. palin.
The old racist card gets used way too often. Thats why no one really believes it happens when idiots like trump really spout it. And for the record browns are some of the most racist people on earth.
Yea but what about fatass dotard!!!
Same as reps yea but what about hillary! / csb

That we discuss these points is, indeed, the very point of the right's hate attacks. It's just part of the campaign of deflection and distraction while they do their whole reverse Robin Hood thing.

Let's argue about Shirley Jackson Lee! Hey, where'd my wallet go? What do you mean I'm playing the race card unfairly?

Then CNN and the boys focus on the wrong thing and everybody loses except the thief.

• Like 2

I don't know, it looks to me like the national cadre of people who readily support bigoted white "conservatives" espousing demonstrably horrible, oft-debunked "policy" ideas yet who bare their fangs about a <checks notes> young Latina woman might actually be

racists

misogynists

ageists

morons.

You choose, dbeasy, because any defense based on actual political positions is, well, indefensible.

• Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez