Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Why is she facing a challenge anyway? 

Because it's the Democratic Party in NYC.  It's the only game in town if you really want to play.  AOC is a national name that has a very bright spotlight.  Win or lose, MCC heightens her name recognition moving forward and positions herself within the state apparatus as a moderate voice.  Also, wouldn't surprise me if some deep pockets threw money against AOC just for the possible embarrassment factor a loss would bring to the progressive wing.  As a first-termer, she'll never be more vulnerable.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
initialling is herd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Because it's the Democratic Party in NYC.  It's the only game in town if you really want to play.  AOC is a national name that has a very bright spotlight.  Win or lose, MCC heightens her name recognition moving forward and positions herself within the state apparatus as a moderate voice.  Also, wouldn't surprise me if some deep pockets threw money against ACO just for the possible embarrassment factor a loss would bring to the progressive wing.  As a first-termer, she'll never be more vulnerable.

MCC is funded by Wall Street..... they're not all about AOC's vision of the fiscal/monetary future.

• Like 2

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) was coming down the steps on the east side of the Capitol on Monday, having just voted, when he approached Ocasio-Cortez, who was ascending into the building to cast a vote of her own.

In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You are out of your freaking mind," Yoho told her.

----

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

"Fucking bitch," he said.

37 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) was coming down the steps on the east side of the Capitol on Monday, having just voted, when he approached Ocasio-Cortez, who was ascending into the building to cast a vote of her own.

In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

----

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

1) He looks like the guy from CSI: Miami.  2) He's right.  Crime never goes up because of poverty or unemployment.  Most people are willing to starve to death peacefully before they would consider theft an option.

When I was younger and would get into the long, civil arguments that young men do, I always considered it the sweetest of victories to have an opponent reduced to saying, "Fuck you." Sometimes it was said in friendly frustration. Sometimes it was said with genuine anger. For the latter, I'd often laugh and say, "surrender accepted."

I'm big and used to be physically imposing, so nobody ever completely lost it and hit me. 

So it is with the GOP knuckle walker. I imagine in the unheard part of the exchange, AOC destroyed him leaving him with the most puerile of retorts.

I really do love this woman. I rarely pray as I'm not a believer, but God please keep her safe.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

When I was younger and would get into the long, civil arguments that young men do, I always considered it the sweetest of victories to have an opponent reduced to saying, "Fuck you." Sometimes it was said in friendly frustration. Sometimes it was said with genuine anger. For the latter, I'd often laugh and say, "surrender accepted."

I'm big and used to be physically imposing, so nobody ever completely lost it and hit me. 

So it is with the GOP knuckle walker. I imagine in the unheard part of the exchange, AOC destroyed him leaving him with the most puerile of retorts.

I really do love this woman. I rarely pray as I'm not a believer, but God please keep her safe.

Can’t wait to cast a vote for her this fall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

New England fuck yous are the funniest and most rewarding fuck yous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

New England fuck yous are the funniest and most rewarding fuck yous. 

Scottish ones are my favorite.  It doesn't hurt that it may as well be their national motto: "Oh yah?  Well...FOOK YEW!!!!"  Then you fight, then you make up and drink whisky together.  It's a fine culture, and I admire it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

----

This fat fucking coward didn’t have the courage of his convictions to say it to her face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

I like to consider myself relatively in the middle on most things partisan, and I think she's a dizzy cunt.

Based on what? Fox News fixations about her? You may disagree with her politics but she's far more prepared and logical than many other congresspersons because, let's face it, she has to be. I've never seen her say anything close to "dizzy." 

This is a stupid and sexist take. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Based on what? Fox News fixations about her? You may disagree with her politics but she's far more prepared and logical than many other congresspersons because, let's face it, she has to be. I've never seen her say anything close to "dizzy." 

This is a stupid and sexist take. 

and clearly one he arrived at after hours of research

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez