Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ted was allegedly a debate monster.

He should be better.

Debates have rules and require lots of topical prep. Twitter takes place in real time. It’s clear that fucktard is only good when he studies for weeks for a test. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He replied:

We'll see how long this goes on.....

Some of it relates to the corporate immunity from COVID prosecution, IIRC.

The next logical step for Ted is that he'll offer up a wrestling match for AOC against his next door neighbor. He's 6'2" 250... former collegiate shot putter. 

Maybe the most depressing thing about politics today is that there are threads discussing someone like AOC as the future hope for reforming our frayed social contract and not about someone who is more like the second coming of Huey Long. There is a reason why Kingfish was assassinated while the right loves to boost AOC’s profile. She’s harmless. 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Maybe the most depressing thing about politics today is that there are threads discussing someone like AOC as the future hope for reforming our frayed social contract and not about someone who is more like the second coming of Huey Long. There is a reason why Kingfish was assassinated while the right loves to boost AOC’s profile. She’s harmless. 

Long was just a smarter Trump

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Is this a madlib?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Why are you libs so unwilling to engage in this honest debate with this good faith total not-a-troll? Is it because you're afraid you'll be destroyed with his facts and logic?

29 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Read more  

Why are you libs so unwilling to engage in this honest debate with this good faith total not-a-troll? Is it because you're afraid you'll be destroyed with his facts and logic?

What is so difficult to understand about my post?  AOC is a dead end. Someone like her cannot build a broad enough coalition to be an effective leader at the national level. That’s why Republicans want to make her the face of the Democratic Party and to center the political debate around her pet issues. I guarantee you they would not want anything to do with a true populist in the fashion of someone like Long.  Long was not a fraud like Trump - he actually cared about and fought for working people.  He’s someone who could easily reach people who do not hold a college degree and turn them away from the right.  

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

So they’re photoshopping wsj article titles now huh?

Whether a real headline or not, someone holding Trump's cult members in Congress accountable does not equal BEING PUNISHED FOR OUR BELIEFS! (Also, wtf is a second term Congresswoman with no leadership position going to do to "punish" anyone?) 

At least they are tacitly acknowledging wrongdoing by going with the "punished" wording.  Yes, you are/were complicit in trying to subvert democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ben got so caught up in his attention to bloodthirsty detail that he failed to notice that she is wearing dress heels and not boots. Poor Ben, just cannot see his actions come to fruition and seems premature in his fantasies erm....judgements.

Interesting though what you say @Js1. While I was semi-joking above, do you see the dual meaning in his tweet? Almost as if he is trying to sexualize her as an object and while I was typing this @Nivek posts. He is attempting to be subtle and yet he is not. Aggressive and disturbing to treat females and specifically female reps this way.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

My Grandmother was a Long from Melville. She claimed she was his cousin, but that side of the family told stories. 

Yeah, when I was little I was told we were Mayflower stock related to their leader William Bradford because we had some Bradfords back in the tree. Except later I found out our Bradfords settled in the South Carolina portion of Massachusetts. I think. Who knows. Ancestry.com lets everybody's crazy great-aunt post whatever makes em feel special.

2 hours ago, HillaryFan420 said:

What is so difficult to understand about my post?  AOC is a dead end. Someone like her cannot build a broad enough coalition to be an effective leader at the national level. That’s why Republicans want to make her the face of the Democratic Party and to center the political debate around her pet issues. I guarantee you they would not want anything to do with a true populist in the fashion of someone like Long.  Long was not a fraud like Trump - he actually cared about and fought for working people.  He’s someone who could easily reach people who do not hold a college degree and turn them away from the right.  

They do this with every female democrat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ben got so caught up in his attention to bloodthirsty detail that he failed to notice that she is wearing dress heels and not boots. Poor Ben, just cannot see his actions come to fruition and seems premature in his fantasies erm....judgements.

Interesting though what you say @Js1. While I was semi-joking above, do you see the dual meaning in his tweet? Almost as if he is trying to sexualize her as an object and while I was typing this @Nivek posts. He is attempting to be subtle and yet he is not. Aggressive and disturbing to treat females and specifically female reps this way.

Subtlety has never really been a strength of mine.  Maybe I gave it a bad read in my head, but I kept thinking this guy is writing his own sexualized fantasy imagining AOC as an incarnation of Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS. *     I see it more like he is just a man that wants and craves to be dominated and has projected his own fantasy upon an accessible figure of her, because she has some power and influence as a Rep from NY that holds opposing political beliefs.

*In full disclosure, that movie could be about gardening for all I know, as I have never seen it, but have seen some 80s era women in prison films when I was a young man and I am making some probably valid assumptions about the plot line and titillations within the film.

I don't know, really. I was never adept at lit crit type stuff and only did a Keller plan psych for freshman level degree plan requirements. It just strikes me as a misogynistic power play that reduces her *real* power by turning her into only an imagined sexual power. And a resented one at that.

But Ben could also have some garden variety mom/dad issues and a micro-peen. Or just secretly think she is pretty hot and doesn't know how to deal with it.

23 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't know, really. I was never adept at lit crit type stuff and only did a Keller plan psych for freshman level degree plan requirements. It just strikes me as a misogynistic power play that reduces her *real* power by turning her into only an imagined sexual power. And a resented one at that.

But Ben could also have some garden variety mom/dad issues and a micro-peen. Or just secretly think she is pretty hot and doesn't know how to deal with it.

That is an entirely reasonable post for the first part.  I am not so sure I am willing to make suggestions upon member length/girth especially since a that kind of body issue could follow a fellow around without any option for him to remedy it (no make-up, implants, or high heel-type of options).  Nor do I know enough about him to make claims about his parentage or issues pertaining.   I supposed both are entirely possible, but I don't really get that intimate with males to know their penile measurments and parent/child dynamics.     

To me,  it just read as domination fantasy.  I also do not think Ben Shapiro has any authority or power to diminish the credibility/esteem/power of any person, let alone AOC or some of the other new crop of women (Katie Porter is my absolute favorite) in government in my mind.   Among his followers he probably does, but those people are lost anyway by following Ben Shapiro in the first place. 

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is an entirely reasonable post for the first part.  I am not so sure I am willing to make suggestions upon member length/girth especially since a that kind of body issue could follow a fellow around without any option for him to remedy it (no make-up, implants, or high heel-type of options).  Nor do I know enough about him to make claims about his parentage or issues pertaining.   I supposed both are entirely possible, but I don't really get that intimate with males to know their penile measurments and parent/child dynamics.     

To me,  it just read as domination fantasy.  I also do not think Ben Shapiro has any authority or power to diminish the credibility/esteem/power of any person, let alone AOC or some of the other new crop of women (Katie Porter is my absolute favorite) in government in my mind.   Among his followers he probably does, but those people are lost anyway by following Ben Shapiro in the first place. 

I should explain a little further. I don't pay attention to the male "body issue" in the sense of it doesn't matter to me, personally, but some guys seem to be preoccupied with it to the point that it wouldn't really matter, would it? As long as a man thinks he is inadequate then the rest becomes somewhat superfluous. It's in his brain. Men are supposed to be confident and in control (if they are trying to fit into some sort of cultural norm/stereotype--I've long forgotten the terminology) so if a man's thoughts are one way ( I don't measure up), then perhaps the outward display is extra aggressive either toward other males they feel superior to, females, or everybody.

You're right though, I'm speculating and just having some discussion around it. I don't know what makes people tick but it's a past time. It could just be a domination fantasy.

As far as Shapiro having the authority; I don't know, but maybe he does if other males in the House or Senate or suchlike that do have power (or at least more than Shapiro) use what he tweets or says to further use the portrayal. It takes on a life of its own. It does get tiresome for women to have to defend against such attacks. One person is not usually a big deal. But when it is a group, regardless of whether their agendas align, it can be overwhelming. AOC does a pretty decent job of taking care of things, but I suspect she has had a lot of practice.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Ben Shapiro foot fetish meme has been around for a year now and is purely to make him look like a bigger loser than he is. He constantly wants to debate her, but she ignores him because she is a Congresswoman and he is a loser that waited until marriage to have sex and boasts about that.

Edited by StassneyHorn

The Ben Shapiro foot fetish meme has been around for a year now and is purely to make him look like a bigger loser than he is. He constantly wants to debate her, but she ignores him because she is a Congresswoman and he is a loser that waited until marriage to have sex and boasts about that.

“Waited”

Mm-hmm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez