Last of Us II

dimyh

I'm running thru my 2nd playthrough on hard. Trying to get some more collectibles and pay more attention to the 2nd half of the story. Also having more fun working thru the big encounters. The first section with the dogs is my favorite map encounter. Been using the trap mine to take them out and give me a little breathing room. Gameplay is just so more fluid and dynamic vs the first one.

Man, I am so torn. The game is absolutely finominle as was the story telling. That said, I did not like the story at all, the depth was great, the arcs were great, but I was never emotionally invested in most of the story. 

Not really spoilers but will throw it in tags just because. 

Even at the end, I completely understand how it went down, but for me there was no satisfaction at the conclusion. I would love to be able to replay the game, but aside from a few specific encounters I don't see myself putting in the time to play through the story when I just really don't care about it.

I played the first tLOU probably 10 times, this one I am glad I bought the disc because I can trade it in and recoup half the money. 

For such a perfectly designed game experience I can't help but feel disappointed, and that sucks. 

Gameplay 10/10

My satisfaction with the game 6/10

Edited by Juicy