The Americans (FX)

APMP

I had a dream last night that in the finale Paige and Henry's younger brother - just a middle schooler - blew Philip away when he found out he's a commie spy.  

Not sure what I should be more worried about - That I dreamed about the show or that I made up a new character in my dream.

47 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I had a dream last night that in the finale Paige and Henry's younger brother - just a middle schooler - blew Philip away when he found out he's a commie spy.  

Not sure what I should be more worried about - That I dreamed about the show or that I made up a new character in my dream.

It happens.

ccae8961b9e81ada-754x400.png

Well, here we are. Who lives? Who does? Who tells your story? 

Prediction - Paige gets killed somewhat by accident, caught in wrong place wrong time. Stan kills Phillip and Elizabeth is super singly caught and goes to jail. 

Phillip saves Stan from his girlfriend who is working for the center.  They all go into witness protection.  The post-script where are they now shows that Phillip runs a small business in Iowa, Paige is a stripper, the boy plays hockey in Kamloops, and Elizabeth dies from lung cancer.

1 hour ago, Upgrayedd said:

Phillip saves Stan from his girlfriend who is working for the center.  They all go into witness protection.  The post-script where are they now shows that Phillip runs a small business in Iowa, Paige is a stripper, the boy plays hockey in Kamloops, and Elizabeth dies from lung cancer.

I would enjoy that.

-Stan catches Elizabeth with the help of Paige

-Henry gets drafted by expansion San Jose Sharks

-Phillip returns to Russia, marries Martha and the co manage a grocery store. After a passionate, sex crazed night, Martha stabs Phillip in his sleep, fade to black. 

Paige dies, Philip turns himself in, Elizabeth escapes back to Russia but is imprisoned by those loyal to the Center, Stan lays it all out for Henry and Henry disowns his family/refuses to speak to his father, Stan tries to get a deal cut for Oleg but Oleg gets stuck in American prison.

I'm going with a dark, but not too bloody, ending. 

Phillip stays behind and does some prison time, which is mitigated by helping the FBI stop the KGB plot.

Paige does prison time, and there is an implication that she was working the Congressional intern. 

Henry hates everyone.

Elizabeth escapes to Russia. 

The theme has always been a question of loyalties.  Philip prioritizes family over country.  Elizabeth prioritizes country over everything.  In the end, Elizabeth is condemned to the hell of her choosing: a return to the USSR but without Philip and with her kids hating her.  Then the KGB kills her.

Stan, after the realization that his secretary, best friend, and possibly his girlfriend, were all KGB agents, decides to go into a different field.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Elizabeth escapes back to the USSR only to see her country collapse.  Philip dies helping her.  Paige helps the FBI with the little bit of info she has and stays out of jail.  Henry lives a normal life.

What I think as well. Stan will be the guy shooting Philip.

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. [/Ramsey]

Paige is killed. Phillip turns and goes to federal PMITA prison. Henry is adopted by Stan and learns about his body from Matthew.  Elizabeth escapes to Russia and on arrival is promptly executed Nina style which is considered a proper "retirement package" for Soviet spies.

With their cover blown, all the minor storylines of the past season go out the window. Therefore, I predict they jump forward again, 1 or 2 years.

The whole family is scattered. Elisabeth is back in Russia, caught up in the political turmoil there. Philip is still in the U.S., on the run from Stan who is still tracking him. Paige is in jail and Henry is in college.

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:
6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:
Good. Leave Henry out of this.

He's barely been in the show anyway

I meant I'm glad for his character (since he's innocent in all this), but less screen time wasted to get him also works. 

Also, bubye Oleg. 

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

Except father Andrei described them and they were recognized immediately, so they're getting caught at the border

Yea they spoiled that in the previews of this ep. Stan seeing the sketches of them. Wish they hadn’t.