New Braunfels thread

Grimas

Headed to a "boys weekend" to a house on the Comal tomorrow.  Understand there is now a ban on beer cans on the river but on the plus side, the thong ban was lifted so hard liquor and thongs should make a good combo...  any good places to eat that are new in the past year in town? Krause's opened the beer hall last year which was pretty good...

Edited by Grimas

McAdoo Seafood, it's in the old Post Office building a block or so off of the traffic circle. Only have been once for Sunday Brunch, shrimp and grits was damn good. They had a build your own bloody mary bar with a good selection of olives etc. to toss in your drink along with a few types of spicy tomato juices. The building is pretty cool with a nice patio but it will be hot as hell this time of year out there.

Been to the Huisache Grill on San Antonio St. a few times and it has always been consistently good, can get crowded at peak times so may need to make reservations. 

Have not been to any of the brew pubs that have opened around the traffic circle and a couple of blocks off the main drag so that will be next for me . Someone with knowledge of those can weigh in on them.

Both already on the "usual" list as well as Pat's Place and the Hoity Toit for beverages and pool... Pour House isn't bad either and the Faust Hotel refills growlers...

Edited by Grimas

2 hours ago, Grimas said:

Both already on the "usual" list as well as Pat's Place and the Hoity Toit for beverages and pool... Pour House isn't bad either and the Faust Hotel refills growlers...

Hoity Toit is a good place to get stabbed. Props to you my friend. Most of the good places have been mentioned. Krause's is my favorite by far. Cantina Del RIo is the best place in Gruene with the smallest crowd. They have damn good margs. 

• Like 1

I would avoid Huisache for guys trip.   Food is good, but it's more of an old people/women eating out kind of place.  Downtowner is more relaxed, good food.  Pour House is good outdoor place for boozing, should be some chicks there.  

• 10 months later...