Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

Hmmmm, if you encourage people who don't usually vote--there are more votes?! Which affects the outcome?!! Rand, you're a genius!

Yes, the host has an annoying voice. IMO, if she slowed down she could modulate it some and it would be a little less so but most television pundits like to 'fast talk.'

Dan Rather's voice is/was so deep that he could adeptly talk at a rapid speed, but women's voices get higher and higher and it's a little like watching someone on helium. Add in the accent and it's just bad. Back around the 2000s, Liz Cho out of NY had a good broadcast technique.

Complete derail here, but if you have the time; here's someone (Jessica Savitch) my late mother was a big fan of and talked about a lot although I have only seen her work on video. Ground breaking anchor who died way too young. The talk at her alma mater is very good and gives you some insight into what it was like back then.

To add: she was a complicated person, and my mother thought that Savitch got an unfair shake in the sense that her private life was treated much more harshly and openly than male anchors were at the time.

I only have the benefit of hindsight so I can't say.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Seems like they check voters both in person and absentee.  Pretty much discredits this notion pretty easily.  Once again, it's all about the claim and not so much the supporting proof, evidence, system of checks.  Remember back when IDs were necessary and when that didn't work they just closed down polling stations?  And when that didn't work, they try to systematically dismantle the post office, put up fake ballot boxes as well and robocalled with wrong information.  Why isn't all that being called out by these concerned voting right supporters? Remember when they turned down additional voting security funds?  They'd dismantle democracy if they could because they can't successfully fix elections.  They RW are mobsters.  

• 1 month later...

I do not care what exactly it is that Trump's people have on this guy. He just has to go. Every senator and every congresswoman or congressman that continues to push conspiracies at this point is not mentally fit to serve in a governmental position. There has to be some form of accountability when it comes to lying like this to the American people. Censure does nothing to slow down Paul or any of the rest of them. Quite frankly it is embarrassing to see that he is still out there spreading propaganda. Not shocking, but embarrassing all the same.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Trump doesn't have dirt on Rand, Rand is just a genuine piece of shit.

This.  He was a piece of shit before Trump and he is still a piece of shit.  He's been in the Senate since 2011 - plenty of stupid shit.  Couple of highlights as to what a piece of shit he is:

• First legislative proposal ever was to destroy the Department of Education and DHS' budget, kill HUD and cut food stamps by 30%
  • Said the US government would bail out Detroit "over his dead body" because "we don't have any money in DC"
  • Said in 2014 we should be respectful to Russia and not let Ukraine into NATO bc it would hurt Russia's feelings (McCain would eventually accuse him of being an agent of Putin) 

He went to fucking Baylor too.  Come on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Meanwhile,

My BIL wears a mask for his entire 12+hour shift at a hospital, taking it off to only eat lunch, which he eats in his car in the parking lot.

My daughter hasn't seen her grandparents or her cousins in person in a year. She wears a mask all day long in school.

My wife has to interview her clients and take depositions and attend court by zoom.

• Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could the Senate majority pass a rule that says if you don't watch the evidence presented, you don't get to vote? which in this case would mean it would only take 66 votes to convict instead of 67.

Repeat for Hawley and any other shitflakes.

Or could the presiding senator order the Sergeant at Arms to forcibly bring any senator not in attendance to the chamber?

47 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Could the Senate majority pass a rule that says if you don't watch the evidence presented, you don't get to vote? which in this case would mean it would only take 66 votes to convict instead of 67.

Repeat for Hawley and any other shitflakes.

Or could the presiding senator order the Sergeant at Arms to forcibly bring any senator not in attendance to the chamber?

This is a good idea, but it should be applied to legislation.  If you haven't read the bill, you can't vote on it. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

This is a good idea, but it should be applied to legislation.  If you haven't read the bill, you can't vote on it. 

If I remember correctly, a House or Senate rule to that effect was adopted some years back but was repealed to help effectuate either the Obamacare repeal effort or the passing of the TCJA. Googling isn't finding anything so I could be misremembering something here, though.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 10:28 AM, Js1 said:

This.  He was a piece of shit before Trump and he is still a piece of shit.  He's been in the Senate since 2011 - plenty of stupid shit.  Couple of highlights as to what a piece of shit he is:

• First legislative proposal ever was to destroy the Department of Education and DHS' budget, kill HUD and cut food stamps by 30%
  • Said the US government would bail out Detroit "over his dead body" because "we don't have any money in DC"
  • Said in 2014 we should be respectful to Russia and not let Ukraine into NATO bc it would hurt Russia's feelings (McCain would eventually accuse him of being an agent of Putin) 

He went to fucking Baylor too.  Come on. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, brakeman said:

All props to the caller...

But what I really want to know is why a US Senator is taking calls with a moderator who is clearly wearing a fake ass, just-plop-it-on-the-top-of-her-head, platinum wig like she was a witchy character from a high school rendition of The Crucible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

All props to the caller...

But what I really want to know is why a US Senator is taking calls with a moderator who is clearly wearing a fake ass, just-plop-it-on-the-top-of-her-head, platinum wig like she was a witchy character from a high school rendition of The Crucible.

agree. 

Rand gives off Cuomo male nipple-ring vibes. Seriously not kink shaming. Cuomo and Rand virtue signal a twisted vibe. Odd strategy for a politician. 

Rand is no Ron. 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

agree. 

Rand gives off Cuomo male nipple-ring vibes. Seriously not kink shaming. Cuomo and Rand virtue signal a twisted vibe. Odd strategy for a politician. 

Rand is no Ron. 

Agree. Ron should slap Rand upside the head for being such a giant douche.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

agree. 

Rand is no Ron. 

He gives off dick-piercing vibes to me.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ron's a piece of shit for raising such a piece of shit.

Yep. I used to like Ron. But given who his son is I now think Ron is a piece of shit too. Normally I wouldn’t blame the parents but Rand is just too much. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ron's a piece of shit for raising such a piece of shit.

Ron's wife, Carol, spoiled the boy and Randal (Rand) fell in with the wrong crowd: the Grifters who prey on fear in libertarian-minded people:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/08/libertarians-sometimes-become-fascists-heres-why/

“Libertarianism is an unpopular view. And it takes particular personality types to be open to taking unpopular views.” Indeed, marginal ideas attract marginal people. The experience of conversion itself can be intoxicating, and so often the first conversion is not the final one. It also takes a particular sort of character to handle marginal ideas safely. People don’t just think themselves into their ideas; they feel their way to them emotionally, and they are socialized into them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Ron's wife, Carol, spoiled the boy and Randal (Rand) fell in with the wrong crowd: the Grifters who prey on fear in libertarian-minded people:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/08/libertarians-sometimes-become-fascists-heres-why/

“Libertarianism is an unpopular view. And it takes particular personality types to be open to taking unpopular views.” Indeed, marginal ideas attract marginal people. The experience of conversion itself can be intoxicating, and so often the first conversion is not the final one. It also takes a particular sort of character to handle marginal ideas safely. People don’t just think themselves into their ideas; they feel their way to them emotionally, and they are socialized into them. 

There are some real golden nuggets in there in relation to Trumpism.  This one resonated:

If a kook can convince himself — or better yet, others — that Freemasons, Jews, or Cultural Marxists run the whole world, he’s suddenly relieved of the burden of explaining to himself and others the shipwreck of his own talents and ambitions.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2