Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

We are covered on weird rappers. Still can’t believe cut-rate Gale Boetticher is holding the aid up single-handedly.

He asked for an amendment that there be oversight on the spending. Seems reasonable unless you know it's a fucking boondoggle.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How do Raphael and Poodlehead get away with single-handedly holding up shit?  Where was this bad ass strategery when the dems were the minority in the Senate and dotard + turtle were shitting all over the country?

It worked for them because they can force every member of their caucus to vote the way they want them to vote. Dems don't seem to hold that power over their reps.  And honestly I'm happy the Dems can't wield that power.  I'd rather figure out how to make sure the Reps can't wield that power than I would have the Dems go down the same path.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/28/2022 at 9:48 PM, F250 said:

Didn't know where to put this one.

I too was born in the early 70's in SE Texas and a doctor also assumed I was a tumor.

His dad made some mistakes delivering my wife’s would be older brother, that apparently ended in disaster during his birth.  

On 5/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, maninblack said:

He asked for an amendment that there be oversight on the spending. Seems reasonable unless you know it's a fucking boondoggle.

Yeah, because accounting for every round fired and piece of equipment used to satisfy you and Rand Paul is a higher priority than using them to fuck up as many Russians as possible and defending Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Yeah, because accounting for every round fired and piece of equipment used to satisfy you and Rand Paul is a higher priority than using them to fuck up as many Russians as possible and defending Ukraine.

This is a very hollow talking point man. It's $40B man. A gift to Lockheed and other contractors. Are you satisfied with the oversight mechanisms in the current bill?  This is all insanity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is a very hollow talking point man. It's $40B man. A gift to Lockheed and other contractors. Are you satisfied with the oversight mechanisms in the current bill?  This is all insanity. 

No, what's insanity is Americans questioning aid to Ukraine, a country that is hanging on by a thread against a far superior, decidedly anti-American invader.

Komrade.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I love this post so much. The blooming of the spending hawks when it’s spending on something they don’t like, like flowers hastily bursting forth in the desert after a rare rainfall, is one of my favorite things. Bravo, and good show.

Also, I am still very angry at our lack of oversight of the materiel we sent the UK back in the lens lease era, where so much money was wasted on an evil imperial power fighting against those who would challenge their empire. AUDIT THE UK!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I love this post so much. The blooming of the spending hawks when it’s spending on something they don’t like, like flowers hastily bursting forth in the desert after a rare rainfall, is one of my favorite things. Bravo, and good show.

Also, I am still very angry at our lack of oversight of the materiel we sent the UK back in the lens lease era, where so much money was wasted on an evil imperial power fighting against those who would challenge their empire. AUDIT THE UK!

I remember when you were fretting about the impact of the Trump administration on MIC stock prices on TOS.  That was pretty funny stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

for the traitors opposing it, the only insanity is if trump was behind it, they'd rubber stamp it

I mean if we are going to mortgage our great grandkids’ futures I would just as soon the money be spent on destroying Russia and paying off student loan debt. When is the last Republican budget submitted that decreased spending and/or increased revenue?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I mean if we are going to mortgage our great grandkids’ futures I would just as soon the money be spent on destroying Russia

Proxy wars ain't cheap.  Healthy side effect is that we keep the war machine greased with good ole green backs.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So…..being that I have no idea what you’re talking about….

It's really a shame that all that good content is now lost to the ether. Fucking Eskimo Hut. 

I am pretty sure that it was BA, but LMT also in play. 

Edited by Anastasis

It's really a shame that all that good content is now lost to the ether. Fucking Eskimo Hut. 

I am pretty sure that it was BA, but LMT also in play. 

Still zero recollection. You sure it was me? Handsome fella, baritone voice, ladies swooning all around him?

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I mean if we are going to mortgage our great grandkids’ futures I would just as soon the money be spent on destroying Russia

Prime grade derp, imo. 

Your great grandchildren would be served by far better uses of that money than subsidizing LMT and other private contractors in the context of this proxy war.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Prime grade derp, imo. 

Your great grandchildren would be served by far better uses of that money than subsidizing LMT and other private contractors in the context of this proxy war.  

Nah

Just now, Anastasis said:

Is there a US funded conflict from the last half of the 20th century or to-date 21st century that you are basing this opinion on?

Money we don’t have is going to be spent on stupid shit no matter who is in charge. I’m happy it is currently being spent to kill Russian war criminals. I wouldn’t mind some of it knocking out some debt that is otherwise not dischargeable

I don’t get it

Defense contractors ringing the bell, they’re profiting. And they are.
So the fuck what? Shotgun shell manufacturers profit right before the dove opener. Seed manufacturers profit at planting season. The beer distributors do really well the weekend of the Horns home opener. Etc. For everything, there is a season. Right now, it’s the season for stopping Russia cold, and hopefully ending it as a geopolitical threat and force, and in the process, actually standing against genocidal war criminals (I like it when we do that. It’s what we should do). Defense contractors ate making bank. Tis the season. One that Russia rang in, not us.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Maybe you should stop fucking trolling.  Your posts are a bearing and the shtick is old.  

Just because you don't like the series of exchanges with other posters does not make it trolling. 

If you think that it is trolling, click the little report button and hit submit, and then move the fuck on. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

American campaign slogan material right there. 

Is defense spending a legitimate function of the untied states government?
There’s no credible response but “yes.”
Are there times when defense spending increases because of war? Of course.
The difference between good defense spending and bad spending is not its existence, but rather the timing and reason. Criticism of defense spending is inherently criticism of the timing and reason. And that’s ok, there have been plenty of times when timing and reason should be criticized.

But you can’t run away from that truth here - you are criticizing the timing and reason.
So, for once in your life, slap on a pair of balls and own your ultimate position: you oppose US support of Ukraine in this war against Russian aggression. Say it. You can do it. Or do you need to rent a spine, too, before you can muster up that statement?
  • Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

untied states government?

Sounds about right. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

So, for once in your life, slap on a pair of balls and own your ultimate position: you oppose US support of Ukraine in this war against Russian aggression. Say it. You can do it. Or do you need to rent a spine, too, before you can muster up that statement?

I generally oppose  short-sighted, hegemonic-based, interventionist American foreign policy. Have for a long time in these exchanges. Proxy wars are fun and all, but we've seen how this shit plays out time and time again. Blowback after blowback. Some of y'all like to reference the "rules-based international order", but that's all horseshit. It is the "hegemon makes the rules" based order. Doesn't matter if it is Russia, Israel, SA, China, the Solomon Islands or proxy wars in Syria and Ukraine. Feed the "defense" industry, gag down the media propaganda we are spoon fed, and throw out the platitudes about freedom, self-determination, and democracy while actually only rarely standing behind them.  It's not like these all aren't plays that we have been running out of the same playbook since the mid 20th century. But maybe this time it's all different! 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Sounds about right. 

I generally oppose  short-sighted, hegemonic-based, interventionist American foreign policy. Have for a long time in these exchanges. Proxy wars are fun and all, but we've seen how this shit plays out time and time again. Blowback after blowback. Some of y'all like to reference the "rules-based international order", but that's all horseshit. It is the "hegemon makes the rules" based order. Doesn't matter if it is Russia, Israel, SA, China, the Solomon Islands or proxy wars in Syria and Ukraine. Feed the "defense" industry, gag down the media propaganda we are spoon fed, and throw out the platitudes about freedom, self-determination, and democracy while actually only rarely standing behind them.  It's not like these all aren't plays that we have been running out of the same playbook since the mid 20th century. But maybe this time it's all different! 

Fuck that. This time it’s Russia not some puppet of theirs. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ahhh, our resident Rand Paul stan has come out of hiding.

You’ve been conspicuously silent while he was spreading bullshittery about COVID, ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, & the vaccine and the Big Lie and spewing racist garbage about Justice Jackson and other miscellaneous conspiracy nonsense.

But now you’re back to white knight for him as he’s using FisCaL reSpoNSiBiLty as a cover to hamstring the efforts to assist Ukraine against a Russian invasion.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

Meh, Rand undermined himself by aligning with Trump in the way that he did. Go back to posts in 2018-2019 timeframe on this thread and you will see that opinion registered. Rand is right about some things and wrong about a good bit more, esp wrt certain aspects of the issues you mention. 

Edited by Anastasis

Remember when 9/11 happened and Dubya promised he’d make those responsible pay? We had to go to Afghanistan. Then Georgie took his eye off the ball and let bin Laden and al Qaeda escape when we had them cornered at Tora Bora, never delivering on his promise, getting us stuck there for two decades for nothing. Instead he invaded Iraq, for no good reason, strengthening Iran and further destabilizing the region. We weren’t greeted as liberators, we didn’t bring freedom and democracy to the region. How much money did we waste on those blunders?

And some pro-Trump, pro-Russia troll wants to complain about spending to defend freedom and democracy in Ukraine? Of course Anastasis is doing that. It’s so on brand. Pay him no mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Remember when 9/11 happened and Dubya promised he’d make those responsible pay? We had to go to Afghanistan. Then Georgie took his eye off the ball and let bin Laden and al Qaeda escape when we had them cornered at Tora Bora, never delivering on his promise, getting us stuck there for two decades for nothing. Instead he invaded Iraq, for no good reason, strengthening Iran and further destabilizing the region. We weren’t greeted as liberators, we didn’t bring freedom and democracy to the region. How much money did we waste on those blunders?

Yeah, all that certainly doesn't inform nor support my position at all.