How Is That Chain Still Open?

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sadness is eating at the Cicis in Lake Jackson on a Friday night before a fishing trip....and seeing couples there...on a date.

15 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

White Castle has a Valentine's Day promos for this. They serve their soda in a plastic flute to make it fancy.

I like the "roadhouse spuds" at Bonedaddy's as a side when I make steak, and I usually make steak at home for Valentines Day.  So one time on Valentines Day, when it fell on a weekday, I decided to swing by Bonedaddy's on my way home from work and pick up the potatoes, then take them home and use them as a side for the steaks I'd be preparing.

Sadness is seeing the lonesome losers at Bonedaddy's on Valentines Day, waiting on their favorite waitresses or bartenders, with bouquets of roses and greeting cards.  I had no idea such a thing existed.  But sure enough, it does.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I like the "roadhouse spuds" at Bonedaddy's as a side when I make steak, and I usually make steak at home for Valentines Day.  So one time on Valentines Day, when it fell on a weekday, I decided to swing by Bonedaddy's on my way home from work and pick up the potatoes, then take them home and use them as a side for the steaks I'd be preparing.

Sadness is seeing the lonesome losers at Bonedaddy's on Valentines Day, waiting on their favorite waitresses or bartenders, with bouquets of roses and greeting cards.  I had no idea such a thing existed.  But sure enough, it does.

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Shoulda hung out in the parking lot to watch the Old Man Fights when two guys brought roses for the same waitress.

Damn.  Just brutal.

Because true.

El Pollo Loco. A guy from work wanted to go there once so I tagged along. I knew nothing about the place or type of chicken served. The guy from work got what they called “regular” chicken which looked like a grilled leg quarter. They asked me if I wanted regular or bbq. I said bbq expecting to see a smoked leg quarter with dark crispy skin, instead they grabbed a “regular“ leg quarter and squirted about 2 cups of cheap bbq sauce all over it. I told them no thanks and left.

They are not lacking for business.  From 11-1 every yard crew in the area is camped out under the trees in the parking lot.  From 5-7 its nothing but dads whose wife called them on the way home and asked them to pick up dinner.  Very busy.  Add in the fact that the only 2 employees are complete stoners (I’m 90% sure they were dealing) making minimum wage and it seems like a viable business model.
I have no doubt the business model works. Was speaking more to the quality going downhill.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:
They are not lacking for business.  From 11-1 every yard crew in the area is camped out under the trees in the parking lot.  From 5-7 its nothing but dads whose wife called them on the way home and asked them to pick up dinner.  Very busy.  Add in the fact that the only 2 employees are complete stoners (I’m 90% sure they were dealing) making minimum wage and it seems like a viable business model.

Read more  

I have no doubt the business model works. Was speaking more to the quality going downhill.

It was a very short way down that hill.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What was in the Nacho Box? I'm not opposed to Taco Bell late night after drinking. It's a great bowel cleanser too.

Gwyneth Paltrowez' head?  

21 hours ago, utee94 said:

maybe the most depressing thing I've read in a while.  geez

19 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

El Pollo Loco. A guy from work wanted to go there once so I tagged along. I knew nothing about the place or type of chicken served. The guy from work got what they called “regular” chicken which looked like a grilled leg quarter. They asked me if I wanted regular or bbq. I said bbq expecting to see a smoked leg quarter with dark crispy skin, instead they grabbed a “regular“ leg quarter and squirted about 2 cups of cheap bbq sauce all over it. I told them no thanks and left.

i like that place.   you just ordered stupidly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bularry1 said:

It was sad, I'm not gonna lie.

I got home and told my wife about it, and she said, "Let's go back and make fun of them!"  She's pretty awesome like that.

I did take her the next year, to observe the sadness up close.  It doesn't get any better with the passage of time.

My most depressing restaurant experience was going to either ihop or Denny’s shortly after midnight on NYE with a couple of friends. The place was dead except for one 300lb waitress and a guy sitting by himself crying.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

My most depressing restaurant experience was going to either ihop or Denny’s shortly after midnight on NYE with a couple of friends. The place was dead except for one 300lb waitress and a guy sitting by himself crying.

....and now we know what it looks like when a 300 lb chick turns Vic Mackey down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

I kinda hate myself for how hard I laughed at that. 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:33 PM, utee94 said:

I’ve been a semi regular there for a long time, a couple golf buddies looooove it and it’s on everybody’s drive home. My wife was out of the country for back to back V-Days a few years back. There’s a non zero chance I was one of the losers at the bar.

I did not have cards or roses, though.

Edited by VolenteHawk

2 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

I’ve been a semi regular there for a long time, a couple golf buddies looooove it and it’s on everybody’s drive home. My wife was out of the country for back to back V-Days a few years back. There’s a non zero chance I was one of the losers at the bar.

I did not have cards or roses, though.

No shit....orchids and chocolates almost guarantees a hug.

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

I was sad to see Pollo Tropical leave the DFW market. Chicken was good, sauces and salsas were damn good. 

That damn curry mustard man. I make my own from time to time. grilled chicken and black beans is a go-to if i'm taking my lunch to work so it's basically the exact same meal.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Haven’t been to Bonedaddy’s in a long time.  Is their business model still based on hiring the local high school cheerleading squad?

Went there about a year ago with a supplier and they had really toned down the dress code there. It was tight tshirts and blue jeans now. But as usual seemed like the minor leagues for those aspiring to someday work the pole.

• Like 1

I was sad to see Pollo Tropical leave the DFW market. Chicken was good, sauces and salsas were damn good. 
It is supposed to be back in some form, I believe. It was pretty stupid how they rolled out the original concept though. Destined to fail.

That's all well and good but you better be mixing in a lot of Cuban food somewhere during that trip, mofo.  I would kill someone for a big plate of vaca frita or ropa vieja and some  tres leches for dessert.

I had some ropa vieja last weekend. Easy to find in Houston.

As for Pollo Tropical, my wife’s cousin (RIP) and his wife would rave about it when they would go to Miami from Brazil. When one opened near us in Houston we went to check it out and were pretty underwhelmed. It wasn’t bad, just nothing special...especially in Houston.

52 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That's all well and good but you better be mixing in a lot of Cuban food somewhere during that trip, mofo.  I would kill someone for a big plate of vaca frita or ropa vieja and some  tres leches for dessert.

Done and done. Going to Havana at the tail end of the trip, which I hear isn't as delicious as Miami. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Pizza Hut was awesome back in the day. Their pan pizza crust was buttery and a crunchy golden brown. Their gradual descent into suckitude began in the early 80's when they replaced their pizza ovens with a conveyor belt oven. It's been a long, slow accumulation of little sacrifices of quality in favor of convenience and reduced cost. Death by a thousand cuts. 

I always liked the thousand island dressing on their salad bar. And their croutons.

Someone I know swears the best Pizza Hut these days is the personal pan pizza that has been under the heat lamp at Target for at least 30 minutes.  I'm going to have to take his word on that.

4 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

That corn souffle thing was my shit!! Loved Pollo Tropical

Yeah, Pollo Tropical is awesome. Grilled chicken with great black beans and rice. Plus some of the other sides were very good.

The group that runs them and Cabana didn't really understand how to expand into a new market and are brain-dead marketers. 

On 8/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I am fully expecting the same kind of push back as with Chili’s, but I can not comprehend how Casa Ole is still open.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Preach, brother. My wife is from SE Texas and swears by Casa Ole. That place is shit.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:07 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I used to work with a Mexican guy that grew up in Pasadena. He loved Casa Olé. I used to make fun of him for it. I didn’t realize until later that the original restaurant was in Pasadena. Maybe that one back in the day was good? Maybe. But they suck ass now.

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Hold up a minute here. We’re bagging on Casa Ole now? Gosh dammit. 

Best queso and salsa in the world when they’re on their game. The ones in Alvin and Sugarland are excellent, still. 

Of course, I confess to being from beautiful Pasadena and that may mean I’m biased, but good lord. Is no restaurant safe? What’s under attack next, Luby’s?

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Hold up a minute here. We’re bagging on Casa Ole now? Gosh dammit. 

Best queso and salsa in the world when they’re on their game. The ones in Alvin and Sugarland are excellent, still. 

Of course, I confess to being from beautiful Pasadena and that may mean I’m biased, but good lord. Is no restaurant safe? What’s under attack next, Luby’s?

Ctj is from Pasadena, Texas? This explains some things, I gotta say.