How Is That Chain Still Open?

On 7/26/2018 at 8:40 PM, TornACL said:

Ever have to hurriedly crumple up and hide an empty Whataburger bag in your car, before you get to the Whataburger drive-thru window? 

The old bags function as a frequent flyer card.  You're supposed to show it to them to be eligible for an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orange^White said:

Speaking of Luke Duke:

Tom Wopat, the former star of The Dukes of Hazzard, the 1980s TV sitcom about good ol' boys eluding the law, is in trouble again on indecent assault charges. 

Already accused of groping an adult female cast member of a musical he was supposed to appear in, he now faces charges he indecently assaulted a 16-year-old girl also in the cast of 42nd Street.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/09/26/dukes-hazzard-star-charged-assaulting-16-year-old-girl/706096001/

They finally got one o them Duke boys.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I hate, hate those fucking people.  The Dannanis.  They live on the same street as my parents in Sugar Land.  They are pure scum.  They all build these 25,000 sf ugly as fuck mideastern styled mansions that stick out like sore thumbs -- 4 of them all next door to each other.  Then they don't take care of them properly so they look even shittier.  My mom runs the HOA.  They are beyond loaded, but try and fuck the HOA out of dues of maybe $1k a year.  They won't pay their dues until my mom shuts off garbage collection.  She has to deal with those idiots constantly.

I am going to figure out how to sue the shit out of them some day and do it pro bono.

So they were the fucks that cut down those beautiful oak trees on North Blvd and Kirby Dr at the Wendy's?  That's no surprise.

They recently bought Cyclone Anaya's too, which was already terrible. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Domino's.  So many good, cheap pizza places.  I don't know why anyone would eat that cardboard crap.

just picked up 3 large 1 toppings for 8 bucks each on saturday. dominos owns because of their garlic flavored crusts. youll be hard pressed to find any pizza place that beats a national chain for cheap pizzas. most of the national chains are cheaper than a freaking frozen pizza if you find promo codes on retailmenot or your local sports team wins a game the night before, then you can get pizzas for usally 7-9 bucks. choose carry out and save on delivery tips. 

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

i can order dominos from the app while putting the dog out at 11 pm, get in my car, drive over, and have hot pizza that just came out of the oven.  for $6 or $7.  that's half the cost of any non/local chain pizza place i can think of.  and much faster.  and open.

if i want something good, i get pizza l'vino (beer and wine delivery holla!), star, or romano's.  if i want big and greasy for a group, i get pink's.  if i want cheap and fast for me, i get domino's. 

papa john's sucks ass.  too much hfcs in the sauce. 

Yeah, the last few posts on Dominos are spot-on.  I can call from my car as I leave the office, and pick it up at the location near my house 10-15 minutes later.  It's hot, fresh, cheap, and fine quality.  Not life-changing, but among the national chains, it's on the good end.

Sometimes "it'll do just fine" is plenty good.  

8 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I hate, hate those fucking people.  The Dannanis.  They live on the same street as my parents in Sugar Land.  They are pure scum.  They all build these 25,000 sf ugly as fuck mideastern styled mansions that stick out like sore thumbs -- 4 of them all next door to each other.  Then they don't take care of them properly so they look even shittier.  My mom runs the HOA.  They are beyond loaded, but try and fuck the HOA out of dues of maybe $1k a year.  They won't pay their dues until my mom shuts off garbage collection.  She has to deal with those idiots constantly.

I am going to figure out how to sue the shit out of them some day and do it pro bono.

So they were the fucks that cut down those beautiful oak trees on North Blvd and Kirby Dr at the Wendy's?  That's no surprise.

Yep. I looked into them for awhile. Three generations of scumbags. The grandparents launched their empire by shorting fuel pumps on a pretty large scale, but their fine was not sufficient, because they were able to go into fast food bigtime (they did chop those Wendy's trees, and I am pretty sure that wasn't the first and won't be the last.) They own dozens of places, maybe even more than 100 under various company names. And then the grandkids got busted selling Kush. Lovely people. I read that they are Ismailis -- a strange offshoot of Islam. In India and Pakistan, they are kind of hated by Hindus and mainstream Muslims alike, so the Ismailis are kind of like the Gypsies: they have a fuck you attitude against the whole world. 

Which is not to say they can bring that shit to Houston. 

I don't know. The sliders are decent 2 AM drunk fare when you have a DD. The sides are pretty awful and no way I'd eat any of it sober.

Domino's quality has gone way up in the past few years but it's still not very good pizza if you have local options that are open. Jets bold fold is the best round chain pizza for my $. 

6 hours ago, luke duke said:

I used to work with a guy in college that couldn’t look a woman in the eye out in public, but he would turn in to Don Juan once he set foot in a strip club. The guy was 10 years older than the average employee and still lived with his mother. He was up to his eyeballs in CC debt from strip clubs. He even had a fake name that he gave to all of the strippers.

I confess to having a "stage name" for strippers as well.  Nice to meet you  "Lexus". my name's Sebastian. 

White Castle is really bad.  I thought my yankee friends were pranking me when they took me to one, many years back.  Turns out they actually like that stuff.  Gross.

Used to be amazing prior to the 90s. It’s now just good for a laxative....and oh, my dad brings up the same story from the 70s about he and his friends ordering 50 of those motherfuckin small burgers after a night out on the town every other weekend. CSB.

Might've missed it but I'll offer up Gatti's pizza. How the fuck that place is still around is beyond me. I tried the one near the drag years ago one time and it was absolute trash. With so many good pizza spots within walking distance how do those places survive? 

Is it now worse than CiCis? Haven’t been since 1993.

What I found:

Pancho's Arlington
5751 SW Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington,TX,76017
Tel: 817 483 7085
Pancho's Fort Worth
2434 Jacksboro Hwy
Fort Worth,TX,76114
Tel: 817 625 1529
Pancho's Fort Worth
6238 Rufe Snow Dr
North Richland Hills,TX,76148
Tel: 817 893 5315
Pancho's Dallas
4001 Wheatland Road
Dallas,TX,75237
Tel: 972 709 4685

I can confirm the Arlington one, it’s in a dingy shopping center that’s half vacant off of 20. Didn’t eat there though, went to Thai Texas across the street for the best Thai this side of the metroplex. I digress.

9 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I can confirm the Arlington one, it’s in a dingy shopping center that’s half vacant off of 20. Didn’t eat there though, went to Thai Texas across the street for the best Thai this side of the metroplex. I digress.

Raise the flag

40 minutes ago, skipperj said:

I do love Jet’s. I get the Detroit style rectangle, though. Unaware of this bold fold.

When I was in college Jets square was amazing. I don't think it's gotten worse, I just think other options have gotten better.

I would never order Jets square with Buddy's or via 313 around the corner. Not sure about via but Buddy's does a half bake that you can finish on your own clock and it's glorious. Also the serious eats Detroit style recipe is pretty easy and on point if you buy the pan and can find brick cheese. 

Then again sometimes for sure it is easier to just pick up the phone.

10 hours ago, 936horn said:

Might've missed it but I'll offer up Gatti's pizza. How the fuck that place is still around is beyond me. I tried the one near the drag years ago one time and it was absolute trash. With so many good pizza spots within walking distance how do those places survive? 

Dude, I used to destroy that Gatti's all you can ea buffet back in the day. That shit kept me alive during my alcoholic student years at UT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Used to be amazing prior to the 90s. It’s now just good for a laxative....and oh, my dad brings up the same story from the 70s about he and his friends ordering 50 of those motherfuckin small burgers after a night out on the town every other weekend. CSB.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:49 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

LOL.  Growing up, this was one of those magic places that we never went to because we were the poors.  When I moved my own family back to DFW last summer, this was one of the first places I was going to take them.  Looked it up online, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a place so completely destroyed by reviews.

Another disappointment (and place I always wanted to visit as a kid) - was called Trailhouse Steakhouse.  I think that's the name.  Place where they cut your tie off or somesuch.  It's closed now.  

Traildust in Mesquite.  Went there for my dad's 40th birthday.  They had that 2 story slide as well.  

On 7/27/2018 at 9:57 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Big Mac sauce?  Fuck that shit.  Thousand Island needs to die in a fire.  Ketchup + mayo is hell.  Pure hell.

Out west, they call that "fry sauce" and it goes great with.... fries and onion rings and even on a burger.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Dude, I used to destroy that Gatti's all you can ea buffet back in the day. That shit kept me alive during my alcoholic student years at UT.

Um, because you could load up on about 3 days of food by stashing pizza in your backpack.  Yes, I was a poor.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, pepper brooks said:

Agree on all but Popeyes. You don’t disparage Popeyes.  Ever. Get an extra side of the Cajun Gravy and dip your chicken in that. 

They don't offer gravy as a dipping sauce anymore - just the pre-packaged sauces. I asked for the gravy they use on the potatoes and they wouldn't give me that either. "It costs money," they told me.

40 minutes ago, drewcifer said:

They don't offer gravy as a dipping sauce anymore - just the pre-packaged sauces. I asked for the gravy they use on the potatoes and they wouldn't give me that either. "It costs money," they told me.

Same experience -- the gravy i snow extra and is not considered one of the dipping sauces.  It also really doesn't help much, because there is more batter than meat in the strips....

35 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Could be it.  I recall the tie cutting and a slide.

Tie cutting and slide were the Traildust schtick.  Old San Fran had the lady on the giant swing.  

The one in Arlington closed about 4 years ago. It was on Lamar, near where the Saltgrass is now.  Used to take the kids there.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, drewcifer said:

That's not very American of them. Thats a black eye for popeyes

It was particularly irritating for me that day because they were already out of Ranch so my first two requests were no-gos. On top of that they had only large soda cups/lids available. Seems like places would be more conciliatory in such a situation. But they gave zero fucks.I don't think I'm going to go back to that location. 

15 hours ago, Teddyballgame said:

Ok, I might be super high right now, but I have decided I am going to Panchos for lunch.   I think it may happen tomorrow, that’s if the one in Humble is still open..  will post. A report....

I assume i will have to read the follow up in the Shart Thread.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, 936horn said:

You shut your whore mouth.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

There was the Old San Francisco and Traildust at Walnut Hill/35.  Both were across from Don Carter's.  Old San Francisco is now a tit bar and the Trail Dust is a car dealership

Damn I completely forgot about that traildust location. The mesquite one was my familys spot. 

Any Don Pablos left? That place sucked balls

22 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Damn I completely forgot about that traildust location. The mesquite one was my familys spot. 

Any Don Pablos left? That place sucked balls

I worked at Friday’s in Plano as a waiter/bartender my senior year of high school and during the summer freshman year college.  There was a Don Pablo’s next door.   We had one of the 16 yr old hostesses take a big trash bag over to Don Pablo’s to get some steam so we could steam the linens as our steam machine had run out.   We also sent her to Sam’s to get a box of perforated straws needed for a specialty cocktail.  

Her boyfriend had to empty the hot hot water from the coffee machine.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jerry Callo said:

I went to this place in Oklahoma when I was a kid, so there's that.

OKVINmcd.jpg

Great grandma lived in Miami and didn’t drive.  Mom would schlep us up there a couple of times a year.  I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen when I was 5, probably eaten there 20 times.