Can’t tell you hoe excited I am for year 2 of the Tom Herman experience...

T&T’s Dad

I'll wait until the proof is in the pudding. When Charlie was hired, I remember everyone on Shaggy saying "at least we'll be competitive and wont get blow out anymore!". And we then proceeded to get our ass holes blown out worse than under Mack. 

• Like 5

Just now, TXs said:

I'll wait until the proof is in the pudding. When Charlie was hired, I remember everyone on Shaggy saying "at least we'll be competitive and wont get blow out anymore!". And we then proceeded to get our ass holes blown out worse than under Mack. 

Fair enough but Herman just feels a hell of a lot different than Charlie...

17 minutes ago, T&T’s Dad said:

Fair enough but Herman just feels a hell of a lot different than Charlie...

I watched last season. Herman has more than a few chinks in his coaching armor. Whether he shores that up or not will be revealed shortly, but the WTF to attaboy ratio was about even in my opinion, and that’s not enough to start doing keg stands over the koolaid pitcher just yet. Imoho. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 1

Damn, misspelling on my first post.  SMH. That’s got to be some kind of record.

I watched Sam a lot his junior year at Westlake, and he was nothing short of brilliant.  His last minute drive down the field in the title game was a thing of beauty.  Will the light bulb come on this year?  Idk but I have to think if he isn’t running for his life every on every pass attempt, he’ll be way above average...

4 minutes ago, T&T’s Dad said:

Damn, misspelling on my first post.  SMH. That’s got to be some kind of record.

I watched Sam a lot his junior year at Westlake, and he was nothing short of brilliant.  His last minute drive down the field in the title game was a thing of beauty.  Will the light bulb come on this year?  Idk but I have to think if he isn’t running for his life every on every pass attempt, he’ll be way above average...

You can edit titles on this site. Click and hold the title at the top.

1 hour ago, T&T’s Dad said:

Doesn’t it just “feel” like we’re on the cusp of something great?  The last few years have beaten me into submission (almost) but I just get the sense that it’s changing.  I guess i’ve had too much of the kool-aid but damn if I don’t believe.

No, it does not.  The offense seems like it will suck again although probably not quite as much and the defense will probably take a step back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WBT said:

No, it does not.  The offense seems like it will suck again although probably not quite as much and the defense will probably take a step back.

Agreed, this team has burned me so many times over the last nine years (fuck, has it been that long) I will believe the turnaround after it happens.  Same talk every year, same disappointing results.

Yeah, There are a few things to look forward to but I wouldn't bet on a massive improvement. I'd be happy if we hit 8 wins. D will take a step back and don't see much reason to think the O will be more than slightly improved. Hand might bring a little help but the RBs need to be better and our WRs are still coached by the same guy who had them rounding off every route and jogging out of their cuts. Losing Dickson will be the biggest blow of all IMO. Pinning the other team back so consistently probably won us at least 3 games last season.  Gained experience should help a fair bit but I don't see more than 8 wins on our schedule. 

1 minute ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Yeah, There are a few things to look forward to but I wouldn't bet on a massive improvement. I'd be happy if we hit 8 wins. D will take a step back and don't see much reason to think the O will be more than slightly improved. Hand might bring a little help but the RBs need to be better and our WRs are still coached by the same guy who had them rounding off every route and jogging out of their cuts. Losing Dickson will be the biggest blow of all IMO. Pinning the other team back so consistently probably won us at least 3 games last season.  Gained experience should help a fair bit but I don't see more than 8 wins on our schedule. 

Well, kind of. Meekins is coaching the WRs along with Mehringer now, and based on reports on the portions of the practice open to the media, he seems to be the guy in charge of the WRs who should be the starters (in theory, anyway).

Yeah, if Meekins is working with the inside WRs it will be something to watch. I actually thought Meekins was my favorite surprise of Herman's staff choices from last season. His work with the TEs and especially with how he had Brewer developing way ahead of schedule before his injury was good to see. Worried about Warehime getting the TE job, and just being employed here in general. Herman keeping Warehime around was worse than Charlie keeping Watson for that second year IMO. 

45 minutes ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

You might be right about the D taking a step back, (some inexperience/position changes at safety and LB, no Poona) but I think the potential is there to be even better. If someone fills Poonas role admirably, we'll be ok. As for punting, I think Dicko' s cousin will do pretty well, but kicker is the big thing..2, maybe 3 games  lost last year because we didn't have even an average FG kicker. Hopefully Dicker can keep Rowland on the sideline..or only doing kickoffs.

58 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

Agreed, this team has burned me so many times over the last nine years (fuck, has it been that long) I will believe the turnaround after it happens.  Same talk every year, same disappointing results.

I always say this early in the season, yet somehow still get my hopes up in August.