All encompassing PAC 4 thread

Sbbruin

25 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Boise has been successful in getting several 1 for 1 deals with P5 teams. Guess Oregon is holding a grudge (if I remember correctly, Boise has a winning streak against UO).

Yeah, Boise put it on the Ducks a time or two, who can forget this..?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

that is very disappointing. Oregon games used to be required viewing because of the sideline talent. whole bunch of meh there.

maybe they need to see if Willie Lyles can help them recruit again, only for cheerleaders now.  

The Ducks are pretty well stocked in recruiting new talent to the program...

30 minutes ago, FWD said:

Looking at 2019 recruiting, how is UCLA ranked 84th on 247? Shouldn't Chip Kelly + UCLA be a recruiting powerhouse? They are 10th in the Pac12 somehow. 

When there is a team across town as USC, it probably will take Chip a year or two of proving he will be successful before he starts getting top #15 classes...

33 minutes ago, FWD said:

Looking at 2019 recruiting, how is UCLA ranked 84th on 247? Shouldn't Chip Kelly + UCLA be a recruiting powerhouse? They are 10th in the Pac12 somehow. 

Only 7 recruits this far. Their average is at fifth in the PAC at the moment.

Christobal looks like he could really get things going at Oregon I was surprised by the hire, but he is a real momentum type of coach if he can get things on a roll then he could do well

I am really surprised by how well he is recruiting right now and pretty surprised about how bad some Pac 12 teams seem to be recruiting

I think USC might be ready for another "your taxi is over there" runway incident and Utah seems to be off to a really slow recruiting start.....no surprise where WSU is mike is reaching full self destruct mode and I think Stanford is on a possible glide path to 5 or 6 win seasons

Cal is having a pretty decent recruiting season so far (for Cal qualifier) and UW seems to be off, but their coach can coach so that helps

Colorado is having a pretty good year and AU and ASU seem to be in "wait until next year" mode to see what Herm and Rummy do....I am surprised Rummy is not recruiting a little better so far because recruiting was never an issue for him at aggy and lets face it aggy or AU for people choosing a school to play sport and fuck chicks 

Oregon State needs help bad

On 8/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, kopp0e said:

1st weekend of PAC games:

Thurs., Aug. 30
Weber State at UTAH

Sat., Sept. 1
BYU at ARIZONA
UTSA at ARIZONA STATE
UNLV at USC
Cincinnati at UCLA
COLORADO vs. Colorado State (1)
Bowling Green at OREGON
OREGON STATE at Ohio State
WASHINGTON vs. Auburn (2)
WASHINGTON STATE at Wyoming
North Carolina at CALIFORNIA
San Diego State at STANFORD

On 8/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, FWD said:

Very few offers and fewer commits.  It's cause for consternation.

Former Sc CB Jack Jones pleads guilty to felony burglary.  Precipitous fall from grace for the former 5 star.

Former USC cornerback Jack Jones pleaded guilty to felony burglary Tuesday at Ventura County Superior Court relating to his June 8 arrest for breaking into a Panda Express restaurant in Santa Paula, according to online court records.

The plea was a change from his July 16 arraignment when he pleaded not guilty to felony charges of suspicion of commercial burglary under $950 not during business hours and conspiracy to commit a crime. The docket from Tuesday said the count of conspiracy to commit a crime would be dismissed at Jones' sentencing Sept. 12. On that day, a judge will have the option of reducing the felony burglary to a misdemeanor.

Jones, a five-star recruit out of Long Beach Poly High who once predicted he would win the Heisman Trophy as a freshman, has experienced a startling fall after a sophomore season in which he had four interceptions and appeared to be building momentum toward an NFL career.

In May, Jones was dismissed by USC because of poor academics. He told The Times that he was informed at the start of second semester that he had to improve his grades. USC held him out of spring practice so he could focus on staying eligible, but he was unable to do so.

Jones was planning to enroll in a junior college — either Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut or West Hills College in Lemoore — for the 2018-19 school year to become academically eligible for the 2019 season. Asked if he intended to return to USC, Jones said he was keeping an open mind.

Cautiously optimistic.  We have learned to temper our expectations as disappointment has been the by-word of late.

I so desperately want to beat Stanford.  The boy and I went to the woodshedding in Palo Alto last year.  This has to end.  Now.

11 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Thurs., Aug. 30
Weber State at UTAH

Sat., Sept. 1
BYU at ARIZONA
UTSA at ARIZONA STATE
UNLV at USC
Cincinnati at UCLA
COLORADO vs. Colorado State (1)
Bowling Green at OREGON
OREGON STATE at Ohio State
WASHINGTON vs. Auburn (2)
WASHINGTON STATE at Wyoming
North Carolina at CALIFORNIA
San Diego State at STANFORD

That's a good slate of games to open the season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Blount was awesome that night: Blount carried the ball eight times for minus-5 yards.

He carried the opponent's jaw from Boise State farther with his punch, than he could muster yards on his feet... The Broncho defense had the Ducks number...

49 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Cautiously optimistic.  We have learned to temper our expectations as disappointment has been the by-word of late.

I so desperately want to beat Stanford.  The boy and I went to the woodshedding in Palo Alto last year.  This has to end.  Now.

I desperately want y'all to beat Stanford, too.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Who do you think is going to be your QB? 

It's a total crapshoot.  Before fall camp, I would have said grad transfer Speight was odds on, but he apparently has looked average, while incumbent Devon Modster has looked good (and has gotten more #1 reps).  But apparently true FR Dorian Thompson-Robinson has looked legit.  Great arm strength and mobility.  But he has only one year as a starter, albeit at Bishop Gorman where he sat behind Tate Martell.  I have a hard time seeing him going into Norman in week 2 and not getting overwhelmed.  But with the new RS rule where a player can participate in up to 4 games and still retain his RS eligibility, I see DTR getting reps against Cincy for sure, and maybe getting mixed in against OU to see what he can handle.  Expectations are low this year, so maybe letting him cut his teeth this year and be ready for a breakout soph year may be what happens.  We shall see.  Chip has closed practices and is mum on the QB situation.

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Our opener against the Luke Fickell Bearcats is no gimme.  But it's the closest thing we have to one on our entire schedule.  

Shit, y'all have Washington coming to the Rose Bowl.  The Huskies haven't won a game @UCLA since 1995.  

Fuckin' gimme for Chip.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Machinator said:

Neither current coach is going to be there then, neither of their successors might even be there... I'd place the odds of someone buying it out at about 50%.

I don't understand why schools schedule games 10 years in advance.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Beau Vine said:

Neither current coach is going to be there then, neither of their successors might even be there... I'd place the odds of someone buying it out at about 50%.

I don't understand why schools schedule games 10 years in advance.

Maybe it gives a bump in recruiting..? It surely gives a solid talking point to future recruits...

How aggressive Texas Longhorn football scheduling affects future ...

May 17, 2018 - How does newest Texas, Alabama series affect future Longhorn rivalry ... the biggestcollege football stories of the day, delivered in a concise, ...

• blacklab changed the title to All encompassing PAC 4 thread