All encompassing PAC 4 thread

Sbbruin

53 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Maybe they will be looking ahead to (checks schedule) Oregon State?

When was the last time UCLA played neither Cal nor Stanford ?

Never.  Part of the deal when we went to 12 teams/2 divisions was that they get both SC and UCLA every year so they get one trip to LA’s recruiting grounds every season.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You think Shaw will be able to fix it?

I don't think so.  I think Stanford needs a Harbaugh style crazy.  It feels like the "brand" can still get the offensive linemen and tight ends, but it takes the coach to convince the linebackers and defense to buy into it.  Shaw just seems too low key and cautious to keep Stanford relevant. 

Less relevant to Shaw, though, I think, is the loss of staff.  Harbaugh convinced Luck to come over, but he also convinced assistant coaches with NFL ties to come over too.  Stanford's lost those ties. 

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I don't think so.  I think Stanford needs a Harbaugh style crazy.  It feels like the "brand" can still get the offensive linemen and tight ends, but it takes the coach to convince the linebackers and defense to buy into it.  Shaw just seems too low key and cautious to keep Stanford relevant. 

Less relevant to Shaw, though, I think, is the loss of staff.  Harbaugh convinced Luck to come over, but he also convinced assistant coaches with NFL ties to come over too.  Stanford's lost those ties. 

Would love for Stanford to suck at football again...

• blacklab changed the title to All encompassing PAC 4 thread