All encompassing PAC 4 thread

Sbbruin

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Maybe Cal shoulda kept Tedford...

No. He was done. The program was on the verge of academic sanctions and recruiting was tanking in 2012. He needed a few years off.

Similar start at FSU as Cal back in '02-'03. The difference now will be that he will have full institutional support at his alma mater that he didn't have at Cal.

8 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

No. He was done. The program was on the verge of academic sanctions and recruiting was tanking in 2012. He needed a few years off.

Similar start at FSU as Cal back in '02-'03. The difference now will be that he will have full institutional support at his alma mater that he didn't have at Cal.

That makes sense, I remembered wondering how Cal could turn things back around with Tedford... The Bears should be able to be more competitve, as the public school located in the San Francisco area, hopefully things improve...

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

That makes sense, I remembered wondering how Cal could turn things back around with Tedford... The Bears should be able to be more competitve, as the public school located in the San Francisco area, hopefully things improve...

You’d think. They seem to get little support from their administration. They recruit well. They put a lot of players into the NFL. They just don’t get the backing from the school. 

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

You’d think. They seem to get little support from their administration. They recruit well. They put a lot of players into the NFL. They just don’t get the backing from the school. 

It's funny to think that once upon a time Cal and Stanford were the powerhouse programs for the state of California. Over time, USC kinda exploded and Cal and Stanford went to the wayside. 

Today, Stanford has enjoyed a wonderful little renaissance under Harbaugh/Shaw and can certainly stick around. Cal, on the other hand, seems to wither in a disarray. Which is sad considering they have produced incredible NFL talent, have a badass stadium, and are located in a bustling metropolitan area. 

But like mentioned earlier in the thread, if the admin. doesn't want them to succeed, then there's only so much a coach can do with limited resources when going up against Washington, Stanford, UCLA, USC, ASU, UofA, etc. All programs with tons of backing and a burning desire to be competitive in the business of big-time college football. 

Edited by Blanton

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Blanton said:

It's funny to think that once upon a time Cal and Stanford were the powerhouse programs for the state of California. Over time, USC kinda exploded and Cal and Stanford went to the wayside. 

Today, Stanford has enjoyed a wonderful little renaissance under Harbaugh/Shaw and can certainly stick around. Cal, on the other hand, seems to wither in a disarray. Which is sad considering they have produced incredible NFL talent, have a badass stadium, and are located in a bustling metropolitan area. 

But like mentioned earlier in the thread, if the admin. doesn't want them to succeed, then there's only so much a coach can do with limited resources when going up against Washington, Stanford, UCLA, USC, ASU, UofA, etc. All programs with tons of backing and a burning desire to be competitive in the business of big-time college football. 

Top five universities in the 2018 ShanghaiRanking Academic Ranking of World Universities

• Harvard University. ...
  • Stanford University. ...
  • University of Cambridge. ...
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology. ...
  • University of California, Berkeley.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...#survey-answer

The PAC has some of the most prestigious universities academically (at least at the top end)...

Anyone have an online link for P12 Network???
Fuck you Larry Scott for making sure that most of the country has no chance to see your best game of the weekend, this and last.

I was just bitching about this yesterday. Several times each season I am unable to see their best game. I mean, here I am Pac-12, trying to watch your games and talk you up to snickering non-fans and you won’t even let me watch some of your best games.

• blacklab changed the title to All encompassing PAC 4 thread