anybody know anything about TV production?

Gil Bang

I’ve never seen that before, but it’s pretty ingenious. It lets the actor act without the distraction of driving during road scenes, because the dude up top is actually driving. Probably reduces the need for a stunt driver greatly.

Edited by Vito Andolini

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’ve never seen that before, but it’s pretty ingenious. It lets the actor act without the distraction of driving during road scenes, because the dude up top is actually driving. Probably reduces the need for a stunt driver greatly.

Well, that actually makes better sense than what I thought it meant: That it was a scene for a dune buggy being filmed, but they had the car driving for them...

56 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

This is correct. 

Interesting. They used to use (some companies may still use) a camera car. The actors would be in a car attached to a car pulling it. 

It looks like this apparatus offers advantages for camera and lighting in addition to having the control of the car remaining with the vehicle. That's a light in front of the driver side windshield.

I wouldn't want to take a hard fast turn in that thing.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:38 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

They used to just put the car on a low to the ground flat trailer and pull it.

Seems that would be a lot easier and less costly plus you have room for cameras and lights on that trailer as well.

They use a lot of weird setups.

Insert-Car-Process-Trailer-Side-Tow-Came

BabyDriver3.png

Children-of-Men-Camera-Car.jpg