Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

Which AD was responsible for Helton's buyout?

I'm kinda enjoying this for two reasons.  First, it's nice to see another blue blood suffer like we've been suffering. Second, my daughter's college soccer coach is a USC guy, and let's say he's "annoying," as in he's completely oblivious to the fact that any other school has a tradition in football.

14 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Which AD was responsible for Helton's buyout?

I'm kinda enjoying this for two reasons.  First, it's nice to see another blue blood suffer like we've been suffering. Second, my daughter's college soccer coach is a USC guy, and let's say he's "annoying," as in he's completely oblivious to the fact that any other school has a tradition in football.

Swann

16 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Swann

That's what I thought, but the comment about the AD  being hand picked had me thinking it was the new guy who immediately agreed to some stupid buyout.  I obviously don't follow USC that closely because Texas is the only school out there that has a football tradition.

46 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That's what I thought, but the comment about the AD  being hand picked had me thinking it was the new guy who immediately agreed to some stupid buyout.  I obviously don't follow USC that closely because Texas is the only school out there that has a football tradition.

Swann was hand picked by the dude who owns Public Storage.

Edited by aggie08

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/Kyle-Juergens-decommits-from-USCs-2020-recruiting-class--140156774/ 

RECRUITING: Three-star DE Juergens decommits from USC 2020 class

ByCHRIS TREVINO    Dec 8, 10:06 PM

Three-star 2020 St. Margaret's Episcopal defensive end Kyle Juergens decommitted from USC's 2020 class on Sunday night. Juergens is the second USC decommitment of the weekend, joining 2020 three-star Reno (NV) offensive tackle Joey Wright.  "After much prayerful thought and discussion with my family, coaches and mentors, I have decided to re-open my recruitment and de-commit from USC," wrote Juergens on his social media. Juergens committed to USC back in June after picking up an offer at USC's Elite Camp. He played both defensive and and offensive guard at the camp. "USC has been a school of mine that I've always looked up to. We would always watch SC as a family on Saturday nights," Juergens told USCFootball.com at the time. "A factor was my grandmother, she went to USC, that was a real big factor that I took into account. USC had everything that I wanted in a school. I couldn’t be more happy about committing." 

The 6-foot-4, 241-pound Juergens is listed as an offensive guard in the 247Sports rankings but committed to the Trojans with the intent of playing defensive line. He was rated No. 1,666 overall, the No. 100 offensive guard and the No. 151 recruit in California, according to the 247Sports rankings. Juergens committed to USC over offers from Arizona State, BYU, Nevada, San Diego State, UNLV and San Jose State. In six recorded games this season he registered 34 total tackles and two sacks.   “Juergens can play on either side of the line of a scrimmage and said the coaches didn’t specify what side of the ball they like him best at. He can play DE or OT and fits the mold of the lighter and more athletic offensive lineman that fit the HS profile of recent NFL Drafts," said West Coast Recruiting analyst Greg Biggins. "Juergens is light at 245 pounds but has the frame to easily pack on weight and his 4.66 shuttle time is excellent and translates very well to the next level. He shows very good lateral mobility, balance and coordination and if he can continue to gain size and strength, he has a chance to be a very affective player for the Trojans.” 

There were signs that a decommittment was on the horizon; via an interview with USCFootball.com reporter Shotgun Spratling, Juergens said that he did not have an official visit scheduled with the Trojans nor did USC conduct an in-home visit.   USC's 2020 class falls to No. 87 in the nation and No. 11 in the Pac-12. The class is left with four-star Composite wide receiver Joshua Jackson, three-star offensive tackle Andres Dewerk, three-star Caadyn Stephen, three-star Andrew Milek, three-star defensive tackle Jamar Sekona, three-star offensive tackle Casey Collier, four-star offensive guard Jonah Monheim, four-star defensive tackle Kobe Pepe and two-star kicker Parker Lewis.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-officials-werent-fans-of-Ed-Orgerons-accent-140249367/

Feldman: USC officials didn't like what Coach O "sounded like"

By AUSTIN NIVISON   4 hrs ago

“I think what you have is a guy who has continued to evolve,” Feldman said. “He made a huge jump from when he was at Ole Miss to when he was at USC. I think he’s made a significant jump after that, but I really think it’s a USC issue. You have a lot of people at USC, especially during the Pat Haden regime, who couldn’t get past what Ed Orgeron sounded like. They didn’t listen to the players. They didn’t listen to the staff. At the end of the day, Ed Oregeron is not a country club guy. I think he can relate to just about anyone. The Governor of Louisiana was waiting outside the locker room. He’s very street smart, and I think that’s one of the things that made him a very good recruiter. He can read people very well. I don’t think Pat Haden, who was the decision maker at the time, that’s just not the type of guy he wanted. I don’t think he could get past it.”

Edited by LTtxfan

WOW....  5 OT's, 3 DT's and a Kicker 

USC 2020 Football Commits

National Rank.  #78     Prev. Yr: 20 Next Yr: 10

Pac-12 Rank.  #12        Prev. Yr: 3 Next Yr: 2

Avg. Rating. 0.8630. Prev.Yr: 0.8821 NextYr: 0.9390

Signed Letter of Intent (11)

Edited by LTtxfan

Un-fucking-real that they'd piss away at least one more recruiting class (we'll see how the 2021 class holds up now) on an obvious lame duck coach.

They must have really not liked who was available this year after Urb turned them down, and be damn confident that someone big will become available next offseason.

...or they're just grossly incompetent.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

WOW USC ...  Only 11 Signed Commits.  5 OT's, 3 DT's and a Kicker. 

Former USC safety Taylor Mays added that the recruiting rankings were “embarrassing.”

Vince beat their ass.  Pete Carroll left.  Pat Haden and Lynn Swann were dumber than Steve Patterson.  Just like after Colt's injury, bad shit happens.  Fuck USC and I hope we climb out of the muck before they do.  Sam Darnold saved their sorry asses a couple of years ago or their downfall would have been much more fun to watch.  Suck it Leinart.  

• Like 1

So when does USC elevate Graham Harrell to interim head coach??  (Saves USC money 😂)

Pac-12 coaches reportedly don’t think much of USC’s recruiting class

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/pac_12_coaches_reportedly_dont_think_much_of_uscs_recruiting_class/s1_127_30865028

“Talking to coaches in the Pac-12, seeing a lot of the recruits they’ve signed – at least in the early signing period – people feel like these are Mountain West caliber players,” Feldman said, as transcribed by Alek Arend of The Spun. “It’s one thing if you sign this kind of class at Washington State or Oregon State. But USC? There’s a lot of big-time kids – this was a good crop of players, by and large, in the state of California, especially in Southern California. And they went other places. A lot of them went to Oregon. The best ones went to Oregon. They went outside the conference.”

That’s an absolutely brutal assessment of a school that was once one of the biggest recruiting powerhouses in football. USC used to own Los Angeles recruiting, but that’s not the case anymore. When even former USC players are calling out the team’s recruiting failures, it reflects poorly on Helton, who was already unpopular with fans.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:37 AM, LTtxfan said:

WOW....  5 OT's, 3 DT's and a Kicker 

USC 2020 Football Commits

Signed Letter of Intent (11)

Oh shit they’re going undefeated. It’s well known that Parker Lewis Can’t Lose.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Look at what was found by @Hiphopopotamos 

FootballScoop Staff.  @FootballScoop
23m

Oh..... USC OC Graham Harrell reportedly interviewing for an open NFL OC position today

Jz4QLZgR_bigger.jpg.  Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane
33m
The #Eagles are interviewing Southern Cal OC Graham Harrell for their OC vacancy today, NFL sources

Edited by LTtxfan

• 3 weeks later...

Good news for USC... they stole Oregon CB Coach

Oregon Ducks recruits react to departure of cornerbacks coach Donte Williams

Posted Feb 11, 7:06 AM

By Andrew Nemec | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Less than a week after completing the 2020 football recruiting class, a key Oregon Ducks assistant coach is on the move.  On Monday, Donte Williams, who was named the Pac-12 Conference recruiter of the year by 247Sports, accepted the role as passing game coordinator and cornerbacks coach at USC.

He was primary recruiter for both five-star cornerback Dontae Manning and five-star linebacker Justin Flowe, although Flowe was a team effort alongside Mario Cristobal and Ken Wilson.  Both player signed binding national letters of intent, but have the option to request release.  Neither player has expressed a desire to do so, although Manning declined comment upon hearing the “Williams-to-USC” news.

Willams was also an instrumental recruiter for both four-star running back Seven McGee and four-star athlete Anthony Beavers Jr. in the 2021 recruiting cycle, and both turned to Twitter to voice their initial thoughts before some of the tweets were deleted.

McGee wrote, “Not donte," while Beavers expressed himself with an emoji.

Nemec’s analysis

Williams might be the best non-Cristobal recruiter on the staff and his connections to Los Angeles were valuable, so his contributions will be missed during the 2021 recruiting cycle.  That said, Oregon has a plan in place for losing assistants.  Cristobal makes sure every recruit has multiple coaches recruiting him during the process, so that no individual coaching departure collapses a recruiting class.

What will be the fallout?

It seems unlikely either Flowe or Manning would ask for a release, particularly Flowe, but until both make clear their intentions or arrive on campus in Eugene it’s worth making note of.  McGee loves Oregon, and despite the loss of Williams nothing really changes for him.  Beavers is a different story, however. The 6-foot, 195-pound defensive back, out of Narbonne High School (Harbor City, California), had a strong connection with Williams and was still flirting with the idea of looking at other schools. I think, in time, Beavers flips to another program - with USC as the likely winner of that battle.

Edited by LTtxfan

so I can understand Orlando going there instead of Tech even though it could be a one and done because USC is such a bigger name and if there is defensive improvement then he is right back in "the game" as a big name again probably even for a HC job (at Tech he probably would have needed to still make one more jump before HC possibility

but WTF with a guy leaving Oregon of all places....Cristobal is recruiting lights out, their facilities are top notch, they can pay well, they have a bag man, and they are definitely on the upswing with probably more potential especially with the PAC 12 basically in the shit right now BADLY

the only reason I can see a guy leaving there even with a giant money whip is if they think that they are getting the inside lane on the "taking over" after Helton is fucking shit canned

or perhaps USC is giving people multi-year straight cash homie guarantees with no future job offsets or USC is telling people that Helton is safe for at least this season and next

I would doubt that anyone is leaving Oregon because they think some shit might go down there, but who knows......either way this looks like a bad move

On 2/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, ButtFumble said:

so I can understand Orlando going there instead of Tech even though it could be a one and done because USC is such a bigger name and if there is defensive improvement then he is right back in "the game" as a big name again probably even for a HC job (at Tech he probably would have needed to still make one more jump before HC possibility

but WTF with a guy leaving Oregon of all places....Cristobal is recruiting lights out, their facilities are top notch, they can pay well, they have a bag man, and they are definitely on the upswing with probably more potential especially with the PAC 12 basically in the shit right now BADLY

the only reason I can see a guy leaving there even with a giant money whip is if they think that they are getting the inside lane on the "taking over" after Helton is fucking shit canned

or perhaps USC is giving people multi-year straight cash homie guarantees with no future job offsets or USC is telling people that Helton is safe for at least this season and next

I would doubt that anyone is leaving Oregon because they think some shit might go down there, but who knows......either way this looks like a bad move

His contract specifically states “when the AD fires Helton getting on the bus, you will be named interim Head Coach.”  He is the IHCIW.