Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

On 7/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, Longboard Horn said:

They’re in a shitty part of LA. Campus is okay, but step off it and it’s every man for himself.

this right here,  after last years game,  w were recently new to the area,  i asked the fine men in blue if we walked to that end of parking lot, would an Uber be able to get through the traffic to pick us up or is it all blocked off.   He said well youre in a cowboy hat, burnt orange polo your wife in cowboy boots, and that there is south central LA so I would not request nor would you get an uber there. 

yeah skid row is all around there we drive through there quickly 

17 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Maybe it is in the fact it pertains to the thread, as in "Tell me about USC", and at one time, there was an athlete by the name of Reggie Bush...

What I mean is the fact that he is nowhere close to the best college player of all time. He was not the greatest player on the field of the Rose Bowl. His coach left him on the sidelines on a play that could have iced the national championship game. He is probably not the best running back USC has ever had.  That tweet is fucking stupid

Edited by Dennis Taylor

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

What I mean is the fact that he is nowhere close to the best college player of all time. He was not the greatest player on the field of the Rose Bowl. His coach left him on the sidelines on a play that could have iced the national championship game. He is probably not the best running back USC has ever had.  That tweet is fucking stupid

Well, you could just post all of what you said to whoever actually made the tweet... Just a thought...

18 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I never would have seen the tweet if you didn't post it on here... 

Well, so you have no intentions to post your gripes to the actual creator..? You just needed to vent for the day... That's cool..!

18 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, so you have no intentions to post your gripes to the actual creator..? You just needed to vent for the day... That's cool..!

you posted it here and basically agreed with it, I'm just pointing out on here that it's bullshit. You have no idea if I replied to the tweet or not, but i'd be willing to bet the majority of the posters on here do not think Reggie Bush is the greatest college player ever...      

On 8/8/2018 at 4:35 PM, kopp0e said:

Maybe it is in the fact it pertains to the thread, as in "Tell me about USC", and at one time, there was an athlete by the name of Reggie Bush...

That dude that disgraced the Heisman trophy? Well, it was a disgrace anyway when they gave it to Bush-league over VY.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 9:10 AM, Greg Davis Apologist said:

kopp03,

Are you just posting for the sake of posting? Do you think you'll receive a pot of gold if you're the first poster to reach one million posts?

I could wonder if you are in fact posting for the sake of posting on a sports board made for posting, while wondering why I am posting...

But I am not that self centered to wonder why you would wonder about if I post for fun or as a hobby, why do you post, may I ask you, sir..?

By the way, here is some fan lube for USC:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, kopp0e said:

Texas is included in this top 25...

Any poll that has aggy in the top 20, that obviously hasn't taken a look at their roster, and probably ranked them because they spent eleventy billion dollars on a coach should be completely disregarded.  

Aggy might be the 5th best team in Texas this year. 

• Haha 1

SC has upped its academic game considerably over the last 2+ decades. Aside from the social upper crust, the rest of the student body and younger alumni resemble those at any one of the UC's more than ever before.

It's the older alumni who have worked hard over the years to maintain the school's reputation of entitlement and relaxed standards. On a more positive note for them, it is also these people who will ultimately be responsible for their supposed return to national prominence following the Bush fallout and the Kiffin/Sark debacles. Priorities.

If one of my children had the creative talent and drive to go into film, I think this would be a great school over any other university.  Otherwise, I think there are a lot of better options for what you pay and what you get out of it.  A true blue blood for college football and I might root for them against most SEC teams.

10 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

SC has upped its academic game considerably over the last 2+ decades. Aside from the social upper crust, the rest of the student body and younger alumni resemble those at any one of the UC's more than ever before.

Based solely on kids I know who have gone to the school, that feels true.

Competition.  Those Claremont colleges are damn impressive and the UC system is great.