Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

USC will get talent and do well in their conference, and they'll get annihilated by the SEC come playoffs or even NY6 bowls. He ran because he's too much of a pussy to work and build a team to withstand the grind. His offense is more about flash and his defense will make ours look like 2005 version. 

On 5/8/2022 at 6:18 PM, LTtxfan said:

Lincoln Riley has quickly become the man everyone outside USC loves to hate

Matt Zemek  8 hrs ago

It is very clear that Lincoln Riley has become a lightning rod since he was hired as USC’s head football coach. Fans across the country have already made the decision to put the black hat on his head. He is an all-purpose villain for various fan bases, and not just those inside the Pac-12.

AASnRy5.img?h=584&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Oklahoma fans were obviously upset with Riley after his departure from Norman. That’s completely understandable, and contextually unique. OU fans were abandoned by Riley; their displeasure is legitimate because Riley broke up that relationship when he wasn’t expected to.

As for other fan bases, they’re simply very sensitive about Riley’s position at USC and what it means within the larger workings of college football.

Pittsburgh has become a central source of loathing toward Riley. Jordan Addison, the star Pitt receiver, has not made any decision on where he will transfer. Yet, tampering charges and an unholy outcry have been directed at Riley. A “shoot first, ask questions later” approach has governed this series of events.

Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News commented on this ready tendency to assign villain status to Riley:

"Riley’s emergence as the head coach fans across the country love to hate is good for USC and good for the Pac-12.  As long as he doesn’t embarrass the school with NCAA rules violations or asinine comments (to the media or on social media), Riley can thrive at USC as a “villain” while the conference indirectly benefits from the attention."

We agree. When everyone else hates a coach — it could be at any school or professional sports team — it’s clear that coach is relevant and formidable and has inspired a fear of his success and potential dominance.

This is where USC needs to be.  😋

lincoln riley used bob stoops recuits mostly to win the big12 and his offense was figured out the  last two years . He is young and has the reputation of a good QB coach , but he almost ruined the career of Spencer rattler . He will not win anything at USC

Lincoln Riley has quickly become the man everyone outside USC loves to hate

Matt Zemek  8 hrs ago

It is very clear that Lincoln Riley has become a lightning rod since he was hired as USC’s head football coach. Fans across the country have already made the decision to put the black hat on his head. He is an all-purpose villain for various fan bases, and not just those inside the Pac-12.

AASnRy5.img?h=584&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Oklahoma fans were obviously upset with Riley after his departure from Norman. That’s completely understandable, and contextually unique. OU fans were abandoned by Riley; their displeasure is legitimate because Riley broke up that relationship when he wasn’t expected to.

As for other fan bases, they’re simply very sensitive about Riley’s position at USC and what it means within the larger workings of college football.

Pittsburgh has become a central source of loathing toward Riley. Jordan Addison, the star Pitt receiver, has not made any decision on where he will transfer. Yet, tampering charges and an unholy outcry have been directed at Riley. A “shoot first, ask questions later” approach has governed this series of events.

Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News commented on this ready tendency to assign villain status to Riley:

"Riley’s emergence as the head coach fans across the country love to hate is good for USC and good for the Pac-12.  As long as he doesn’t embarrass the school with NCAA rules violations or asinine comments (to the media or on social media), Riley can thrive at USC as a “villain” while the conference indirectly benefits from the attention."

We agree. When everyone else hates a coach — it could be at any school or professional sports team — it’s clear that coach is relevant and formidable and has inspired a fear of his success and potential dominance.

This is where USC needs to be.  😋

I love how Matt Zemeck is trying to make USC out to be the Oakland Raiders of college football. "Oooh ... we're the evil empire, everybody hates us...". Like anybody gives a crap about USC.   And to whomever said that historically USC is a better program than Oklahoma, I disagree. Oklahoma historically has been a considerably better program than USC in nearly every metric.   From 1936-2021, the Sooners have accumulated the most points in the AP's all-time rankings.

AP College Football Poll: 1936 to 2021 Final All-Time Rankings

1 Oklahoma 1136

2 Alabama 1129

3 Ohio State 1119

4 Notre Dame 1028

5 Michigan 1016

6 USC 837

7 Nebraska 798

8 Texas 797

9 Penn State 702

10 Tennessee 686

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  AP or bust.  Fuck all the fake claimed BS.  OU has more.  

http://www.collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/research/championships.cfm#.Yonk66ROm_Y

Okay, Sooner.

Even if you take away the disputed national championships. And yeah, the AP lost the right to award national championships with the advent of the BCS and the Trojans’ claim to a championship in 2004 is total b.s. But taking away any disputed national championships, USC still has more than Oklahoma does.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Okay, Sooner.

Even if you take away the disputed national championships. And yeah, the AP lost the right to award national championships with the advent of the BCS and the Trojans’ claim to a championship in 2004 is total b.s. But taking away any disputed national championships, USC still has more than Oklahoma does.

Add the one for USC.  Still behind buddy.  tOSU behind too.  Use the link, it’s your friend.  

53 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Add the one for USC.  Still behind buddy.  tOSU behind too.  Use the link, it’s your friend.  

That link is crap. USC claims 11 national titles. Two are disputed. Oklahoma claims 7. tOSU claims 8, not that it has anything to do with this discussion.

I should have been more clear when I said the AP naming of USC as national champions in 2004 was bullshit. That was for the 2003 season when LSU beat Oklahoma in the BCS title game but the AP voted USC #1 anyway. (It can get confusing when the final games are played after New Year’s Day.) After the 2004 season, USC beat Oklahoma to win the BCS championship but that win was later vacated due to NCAA sanctions. As far as I know, those are the only two disputed national championships on USC’s record.

I enjoy studying college football history so if you want to get down in the weeds and examine every claimed national title on a case-by-case basis then I’m game. In the past we had multiple national titles based on different recognized bodies nominating champions. Split national championships weren’t all that uncommon.

Get your notepad and pen and follow this link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That link is crap. USC claims 11 national titles. Two are disputed. Oklahoma claims 7. tOSU claims 8, not that it has anything to do with this discussion.

I should have been more clear when I said the AP naming of USC as national champions in 2004 was bullshit. That was for the 2003 season when LSU beat Oklahoma in the BCS title game but the AP voted USC #1 anyway. (It can get confusing when the final games are played after New Year’s Day.) After the 2004 season, USC beat Oklahoma to win the BCS championship but that win was later vacated due to NCAA sanctions. As far as I know, those are the only two disputed national championships on USC’s record.

I enjoy studying college football history so if you want to get down in the weeds and examine every claimed national title on a case-by-case basis then I’m game. In the past we had multiple national titles based on different recognized bodies nominating champions. Split national championships weren’t all that uncommon.

Get your notepad and pen and follow this link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

Even YOUR fucking link doesn’t show 11 for USC, buddy.  And I said AP for a reason. Many don’t consider preAP to be modern cfb.  So dork out all you want but OU has more AP titles and many people consider AP to be the standard…before the truly modern era of BCS/playoffs where we are all Bama’s bitch.  

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Even YOUR fucking link doesn’t show 11 for USC, buddy.  And I said AP for a reason. Many don’t consider preAP to be modern cfb.  So dork out all you want but OU has more AP titles and many people consider AP to be the standard…before the truly modern era of BCS/playoffs where we are all Bama’s bitch.  

It shows 9 for USC and 7 for OU. Your link only credited USC with 5 national titles and that even included the 2003 and 2004 teams. (I’d say the championship for the 2004 team was legit and the one for the 2003 team was bogus).

I’m anything but a fan of USC. But these are the years where they claim national titles prior to the BCS: 1928, 1931, 1932, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1978.

The NCAA link doesn’t recognize USC’s claimed championships for the 1928 and 1939 teams. Shall we examine those seasons?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It shows 9 for USC and 7 for OU. Your link only credited USC with 5 national titles and that even included the 2003 and 2004 teams. (I’d say the championship for the 2004 team was legit and the one for the 2003 team was bogus).

I’m anything but a fan of USC. But these are the years where they claim national titles prior to the BCS: 1928, 1931, 1932, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1978.

The NCAA link doesn’t recognize USC’s claimed championships for the 1928 and 1939 teams. Shall we examine those seasons?

Lol no we shouldn’t.  I’ll go with AP like most sane people this side of Bama and USC.  Go Yale tho 

44 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol no we shouldn’t.  I’ll go with AP like most sane people this side of Bama and USC.  Go Yale tho 

I’m going to do it anyway because I’m in to that sort of thing. I won’t share it because I’m sure no one else is interested. And despite the inevitable “Fuck ESPN!” response, the ESPN College Football Encyclopedia credits USC with 11 national championships.

8C12F8CC-B408-4550-A32E-32DB596555EB.thumb.jpeg.28aa489613837ea1ee767ce156745a4d.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Since reading is a foreign concept to land thieves:
1992 USC 20 dirt burglars 10

1988 USC  23 dick eaters 7

1982 USC 12  trailer trash 0

1981 USC 28 hillbillies 24

1973 USC 7 oklahomos 7

1971 USC 20 cock gobblers 33

1964 USC 14 methheads 40

1964 USC 12 knob gobblers 17

And last but not least, since you want to pretend it didn’t happen… 55-19 bitches

Edited by USC_TMB
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, USC_TMB said:

1973 USC 7 oklahomos 7

1964 USC 14 methheads 40

And last but not least, since you want to pretend it didn’t happen… 55-19 bitches

Hey faget, I would LOVE it if anyone here gave 2 shits about cfb.  Yeah, I'm in your hood, dumbfuck.  I had a great time fucking your wife, but I'm glad cfb scores get you hard.  Did I call you a faget yet? 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hey faget, I would LOVE it if anyone here gave 2 shits about cfb.  Yeah, I'm in your hood, dumbfuck.  I had a great time fucking your wife, but I'm glad cfb scores get you hard.  Did I call you a faget yet? 

Wow, you got 4 of the 6 letters right in “faget”, pretty impressive for a gooner.  Relax Francis, I get you’re still tender from the strap-on Dirty Sanchez she gave you, she apologizes for not giving you the donkey punch beforehand.

I didn’t think it was possible to put so many words together and make zero sense. The entire board is stupider for having read your post. Grab Stoops bag-of-dicks and chow down.

12 hours ago, USC_TMB said:

Wow, you got 4 of the 6 letters right in “faget”, pretty impressive for a gooner.  Relax Francis, I get you’re still tender from the strap-on Dirty Sanchez she gave you, she apologizes for not giving you the donkey punch beforehand.

I didn’t think it was possible to put so many words together and make zero sense. The entire board is stupider for having read your post. Grab Stoops bag-of-dicks and chow down.

something about a Trojan telling a Sooner to eat a bag of dicks on a Texas board is kind of funny.  What starts here....corrupts the world.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lincoln Riley takes veiled (or not so veiled?) shot at Oklahoma

Riley thinks he can build a better roster at USC than Oklahoma. Is that a shot at OU or himself?

ZACH BARNETT      JUN 8, 2022

In the months since America's most bitter divorce this side of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, Lincoln Riley has largely kept Oklahoma's name out his mouth. 

Oklahoma has talked about Riley plenty. Bob Stoops, specifically. He's trotted out the "Lincoln Riley did not invent Oklahoma football" everywhere from OU's press room to the Oklahoma statehouse. 

The only time I can find Riley giving even a hint of confrontation in OU's direction -- other than, uh, swiping Caleb Williams, Mario Williams and Latrell McCutchin out of the Transfer Portal -- was this TikTok, where Riley appears in an official USC video but doesn't actually say anything himself.

That changed (a little bit) in this interview with Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports.

The crux of the piece  is Riley correcting the notion he was "scared" to compete in the SEC. The move, Riley said, was less about what Oklahoma isn't and more about what USC is. (And, after growing up in the Texas panhandle, also about not wanting to spend his entire life on the flat lands of the American plains.)

There, Riley said this:

"I've walked into four playoffs, and I've never had better than maybe the third-best roster [of the four teams]," Riley said. "Every other year, we were four of four. We had really good rosters, but they weren't the same. … I can't imagine that there could be a setting that we could build a better roster than we can here."

This is where Oklahoma fans are likely to get their crimson-and-cream feathers ruffled. But should they? Let's take a speed walk through the Lincoln Riley era at Oklahoma.

2014: After beginning the year No. 4 in the AP poll, OU posts its worst season of the Bob Stoops era. The Sooners are blown off Owen Field by Baylor, gag away a home game to Oklahoma State, then are thoroughly embarrassed by Brent Venables and Clemson in the Russell Athletic Bowl. OU finishes fourth in the Big 12 (its fourth straight season without an outright Big 12 title, the longest skid of the Stoops era) and finishes outside the AP Top 25 for the second time since 2000.

Long story short, the Sooner Schooner is losing steam, fast. Stoops fires Josh Heupel, a national-title winning OU quarterback, and hires the outsider Riley.

2015: The combination of Riley and Baker Mayfield immediately jolts Oklahoma. The Sooners come from behind to win at Tennessee, shrug off a loss to Texas and win seven straight games to claim an outright Big 12 title and reach the College Football Playoff.

2016: September losses to Houston and Ohio State eliminate OU from CFP contention early, but the Sooners become the first team to run through a 9-game, round-robin Big 12 schedule undefeated, then beat Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. The offense improves from 6.8 yards per play to 7.54 (second nationally) and finishes third in scoring.

2017: Bob Stoops' shocking retirement plays exactly as anticipated. Riley takes head coaching duties in stride, as the Sooners overcome a shocking loss to Iowa State to once again win the Big 12 and reach the CFP. The offense averages a national-best 8.29 yards per play and Mayfield wins the school's sixth Heisman. Oklahoma jumps out to a 31-14 lead over Georgia in the Rose Bowl but ultimately loses in double overtime. Considering how the Sooners matched up with Alabama, it's more than fair to wonder if OU left a national title on the table. 

2018: Riley makes his first mistake as a head coach in retaining Mike Stoops as defensive coordinator. That mistake is belatedly rectified after OU allows 48 in a loss to Texas, but it's too little, too late by that point. The offense is even better (an FBS record 8.6 yards per play) and Kyler Murray wins the school's second straight Heisman, but even the best offense of all-time can't overcome a horrific defense. OU wins the Big 12 and reaches the CFP again, but the Sooners are quickly dispatched by Alabama, who is then blown out by Clemson.

2019: A third-straight transfer quarterback (Jalen Hurts) finishes runner-up in the Heisman voting, but the 2019 team is clearly a step behind its predecessors. Riley addresses the defense by hiring Alex Grinch as coordinator, and the team overachieves by once again winning the Big 12 and reaching the CFP. The Sooners are blown off the field by eventual champion LSU.

2020: Playing the first homegrown quarterback of the Riley era, Oklahoma drops the first two Big 12 games of a pandemic-altered season. The Sooners fend off oblivion by beating Texas in four overtimes and win the next seven after that, including a payback defeat of Iowa State in the Big 12 title game. While they do lift the conference championship trophy for the sixth straight season, Oklahoma misses the CFP for the first time in Riley's four years as a head coach.

2021: With Spencer Rattler returning for a third season in the offense, Oklahoma enters the year ranked No. 2 with legitimate national title expectations. Instead, the season is an undeniable disappointment. Rattler is booed at home in a 16-13 win over West Virginia, then replaced midway through the Texas game. Caleb Williams sparks a comeback, but Oklahoma later loses to Baylor and Oklahoma State. It's the first time in Riley's even years that the Sooners have: A) lost Bedlam, and B) missed the Big 12 title game.

Riley leaves the program the following day.

Now, with Williams returning, perhaps Oklahoma recovers and returns to its rightful place atop the Big 12 among the nation's elite if Riley and company return this fall. Or maybe we can no longer make that assumption.

It's an objective fact that the longer Riley remained atop Oklahoma football, the further Oklahoma football became from its first national championship since 2000. 

Riley himself tacitly admits that in his own quote above. Oklahoma's best roster was the one he had the least influence over. 

Screenshot_20220611-180154_kindlephoto-17766783.png.5ebde52c3804d7bb2a743ae64db2c004.png

That's why Sooner Nation's reaction to Riley's departure has been so perplexing. The same people will tell you in one breath that Riley committed treason in leaving, and in the next admit the program was falling off and was overdue for a culture reset. 

But no one asked college football fans to be rational. 

At this point it doesn't make either side of the Riley/OU divorce to keep talking about each other, but I hope neither one ever stops talking their way through it. 

Edited by LTtxfan

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lincoln-riley-sets-the-record-straight-as-usc-rebuilds-in-earnest-while-embracing-steep-expectations/

Excerpt from article...

Time for a change

Boiled down, Riley's words could be attached to any highly successful 38-year-old seeking upward mobility with a wife and two daughters who are his world. But applying that mindset to top-five coaching jobs creates complications.

A coach doesn't get to leave one superpower for another these days and call it a clean break. Brian Kelly dropped Notre Dame for LSU, but he had been in South Bend, Indiana, for 12 years. Kelly is 60, and the money was good. Ryan Day's next stop after Ohio State, if it ever comes, seems to be the NFL. He's 42. 

Riley stepped away from a job where he went 55-10, won four Big 12 titles and advanced to three College Football Playoffs in five seasons. This after being elevated from offensive coordinator as the heir apparent to Stoops.

He stepped into the morass that is the transfer portal age, and for now, is whipping its ass. In a period of weeks, he flipped half the USC roster and now has people talking about the Trojans going from 4-8 to a Pac-12 championship.

It could just be that -- for the kid from Muleshoe, Texas -- this move is just what he claims, a new adventure.

"You always knew this place was special," Riley said.  "You saw games all over the country … but there was something about [USC] that was different. It felt different when you watched it. The energy behind it was different."

-- Lincoln Riley

No matter what bitter OU fans think of the blink-of-an-eye move following a brutal late-November loss to rival Oklahoma State, the man knows what it takes to get to the playoff. Counting his time as a coordinator, he has been to four of the eight CFPs.

During a wide-ranging interview with CBS Sports this week, Riley clearly believes USC at least an even chance to getting to that point.  

"I've walked into four playoffs, and I've never had better than maybe the third-best roster [of the four teams]," Riley said. "Every other year, we were four of four. We had really good rosters, but they weren't the same. … I can't imagine that there could be a setting that we could build a better roster than we can here."

Yes, there will be more grinding of teeth in Oklahoma over that statement. But what is Riley supposed to say? The past is the past.

Expectations are steep

Hurt feeling aside, Oklahoma was never intended to be a steppingstone for Riley. An opportunity presented itself, and the coach is jazzed about selling a brand new culture.

Riley admits there is more to it than USC itself. As the Pac-12's flagship program, he knows the turnaround of the entire conference is expected to start with the Trojans.

This is a league that has been left behind in the CFP era. The Pac-12 has gone five years without a playoff berth and 17 without a national championship.

"If I was on a mountaintop, I would scream it," said USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, one of four key Oklahoma staff members who moved on with Riley. "These are pass-fail jobs. They just are. … These are jobs where you're expected to win championships."

That's why all this had to happen fast. 247Sports continues to have USC's transfer class ranked No. 1 in the country. That ranking was aided massively by additions of quarterback Caleb Williams (from OU) and wide receiver Jordan Addison (from Pittsburgh), respectively the No. 1 and No. 3 players in the portal. There were only eight high school signees, something Riley hopes doesn't happen again.

But the ends dictate the means. Texas coach Steve Sarkisian recently put the cutthroat nature of modern coaching in perspective.

"We've got to adapt to the times," said Sarkisian last month. "The old adage: You adapt or you die. There's no more dinosaurs on this Earth."

Rather, Riley was a child of the '90s, coming of age during that USC dynasty in the early 2000s. He was not unlike kids of previous generations who fell in love with USC through the television. For him, it wasn't in grainy black-and-white from the old Student Body Right days but high-definition screens.

"Reggie [Bush], Matt [Leinart], Coach [Pete] Carroll. … I remember turning on college football hearing Keith Jackson's voice, 'Here's the Coliseum,'" Riley said almost whimsically. "To a kid who didn't know anything about anything, it just looked different. You saw games all over the country … but there was something about this that was different. It felt different when you watched it. The energy behind it was different."

That might be the ground-floor reason Riley changed jobs. It's certainly why millions flock to Southern California -- to practice yoga on the beach, surf and chase opportunities in the entertainment industry.

For Riley, it was a longing for the West Coast that took hold.

"One of the big-picture visions is walking into that Coliseum and that place is packed and that energy is back to what I saw when I watched it on my TV at home," he said. 

Rebuilding in more ways than one

Riley is jumping in, visor-first, knowing USC hasn't been this bad, record-wise, in 30 years. he said a key to the roster flip was being able to watch practice for a couple of days in December before the season-ending game with Cal.

"To watch the guys actually practice and work as opposed to studying tape, that kick-started the whole thing. That was huge," he said.

Grinch put it another way: "In some ways it was, 'Why is that guy standing on the sidelines? Why isn't he playing? Is he hurt?' You got a little bit of a sense of mindset of some of the guys. Commitment level of some of the guys."

The Athletic first reported USC took advantage of NCAA bylaw 15.5.1.7 that essentially allows first-year coaches to "cut" players and not have them count against the scholarship limit as long as those players were allowed to keep those scholarships as students.

Riley said he was previously aware of the little-known rule that went into effect 12 years ago but was revised in 2017.

"I didn't obviously intend on using it [at Oklahoma]," he said. But it was instrumental in restructuring the Trojans roster.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, USC_TMB said:

2/10

You won’t last around here, Nancy.  

On 5/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, USC_TMB said:

1973 USC 7 oklahomos 7

1964 USC 14 methheads 40

image.gif.28706cbf1538e5ff981fc80655fcd0b0.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck Lincoln Riley 

Yeah like  @camel at sea said in Another post, Lincoln is on a big media blitz release to convince folks he didn't run away from sec

Lincoln Riley on his Oklahoma exit, the appeal of USC in college football's changing landscape

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34065677/lincoln-riley-oklahoma-exit-appeal-usc-college-football-changing-landscape

Also... Cowturd is FoxSports loud promotion megaphone for Usc/Lincoln Riley right now... It's disgusting and should be beneath Cowturd to do.

Joel Klatt recently made fun of him on his show about it.  Doubt FOX will allow Klatt to do that anymore...

FoxSports needs Usc to be relevant again...

• 2 weeks later...

Lincoln Riley, USC make major hire for Trojans' football general manager role

Dave Emerick is heading to USC after 18 years with Mike Leach

JOHN BRICE         18 HOURS AGO

Lincoln Riley just made a big-time move for what is likely Riley’s and the USC Trojans’ most important off-the-field football role.  Dave Emerick, longtime chief lieutenant for Mike Leach, is leaving Leach’s Mississippi State staff to become USC’s “General Manager/Senior Associate Athletic Director for Football.”

Emerick shared the news Saturday in a statement posted to his Twitter account. 

“I have had the privilege of working for Coach Leach for 18 years,” Emerick wrote, “from Texas Tech to Washington State to Mississippi State.  “We have had a lot of great times and have won a lot of games along the way. I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today without him, and I am forever grateful for the impact he has had on my life.”

Riley has systematically overhauled the Trojans’ football department since he was hired away from Oklahoma in late November as USC’s replacement for the fired Clay Helton.  Emerick, who also oversaw all of Mississippi State’s recruiting efforts, has previous Pac-12 experience aside from his run with Leach at Washington State; he spent two seasons – 2010-11 – on staff at the University of Arizona. 

Riley, of course, is a former quarterback under Leach who got his start in collegiate coaching working under Leach at Texas Tech. 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Lincoln left primarily because he feared the coming SEC buzzsaw. Begged the BoT to rescind the move. So he left. He might have an easier path to the CFP but he’ll still get eaten by the sec.

lincoln will under achieve at USC . He is soft and his defenses are soft .  his offense also was stale and many DCs figured it out last 2 seasons.

Riley’s emergence as the head coach fans across the country love to hate is good for USC and good for the Pac-12.  As long as he doesn’t embarrass the school with NCAA rules violations or asinine comments (to the media or on social media), Riley can thrive at USC as a “villain” while the conference indirectly benefits from the attention.

😂