Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

On 8/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, BigSwingingD said:

It's going to be hot and humid for the socal boys. 

We are going to crush them.

Fuck SC.

Hook'em

Those bromosexuals ain't ready for this game. Can't wait to watch them give up and lose hope.

I bet if last years game was in Austin we would have won that one.

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

Those bromosexuals ain't ready for this game. Can't wait to watch them give up and lose hope.

I bet if last years game was in Austin we would have won that one.

Texas will be the better coached team and the more experienced team, while playing at home .  Advantage, longhons. 

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Paywalled...but found this from another story

Sounds ominous...

Bubba Bolden won't play for USC in opener; Clay Helton says there's no timetable for his return

Last week, USC had two strong safeties competing for a starting position in Bubba Boldenand Ykili Ross. At minimum, the Trojans were going to emerge from camp with depth at the position and could figure out the starter as the season wore on.

At practice on Aug. 22, Ross lost his cool, throwing a tantrum and sitting out the rest of practice. USC coach Clay Helton said he would have a talk with him. When USC released its depth chart for Nevada Las Vegas on Sunday, Ross was not included because he had decided to focus on his upcoming graduation so that he could become a graduate transfer.

so does Ross get a mulligan or are they down to the #3 safety???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It was easy to assume Neil Callaway lost his job because of how the USC offensive line performed this season. It was also easy to assume Tee Martin lost play calling duties because of the inept USC offense. But that assumption is incorrect. What actually led to Callaway’s dismissal and Martin’s demotion, according to a source close to the program, was text messaging between wives.

Before any staff changes were considered, Neil Callaway’s wife sent out a group text intended for friends and family. In the text, she spoke strongly about how Helton needs to do something about Martin immediately. She expressed this, because, in her opinion, Martin isn’t doing a good job.

Unfortunately, the text didn’t go out to those closely associated with the Callaway family. Instead, it was sent to the wives of all the USC coaches.

After receiving the message, Martin’s wife texted back angrily that she intended to confront Callaway’s wife in person. That didn’t happen, but the incident did deepen an ever growing divide amongst the USC coaches.

When the dust settled, Callaway was fired. Martin and his bosses came to an agreement that it was best for both parties if they moved on from one another. Clay Helton will now try to rebuild USC’s offensive staff for what could be his final year with the Trojans.

“They had to let him go because now you have wives fighting each other,” the source said of Neil Callaway. “Clay has already been told he’s coming back. So what’s going to happen is as soon as the season is over, Tee is going to go look for another job. He’s gone. Clay has to produce next year or he’s done. They can’t hire another coach when they have an interim president, they don’t want to go through a full fledge coaching search. They’re going to wait and see what happens, and give Clay a break. But Callaway had to go because the office was messed up. It didn’t have anything to do with performances.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 9:49 PM, Bevo Num1 said:
On 11/1/2018 at 9:40 PM, Machinator said:

Wives and the stupid shit they do.

My ex didn't like how competitive my youngest sons baseball coach was and decided to send an email to all the other parents to get their opinion.  She kept checking to see if anyone responded, and when they didn't she checked to make sure she had sent it correctly and then noticed she forgot to remove head coaches email from the group.  Stupid chickenshit cowardly dumbass bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I guess the creative sense of humor kids go to UCLA?

Nope. 

I am actually the person behind this. We had plenty of funny shit about tarmacs in the works. But just the act of flying a fucking plane over USC is so goddamn provocative for this school that we realized we would have totally lost any credibility with anything other than a polite, straightforward message. 

Btw, I am a woman and my husband went to UT. Only reason I know about this thread. But yes. we are trying our best to stage a revolt to oust Helton. Swann wants to keep him apparently. I guess I win the “cool wife” award for the week flying a plane over my alma mater trying to oust the coach. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Well I salute your efforts

It isn’t going to work in all likelihood. Not this year anyway. Now we are talking about a billboard on Lynn Swann’s drive to work to remind him that he sucks at his job. 

And y’all thought we were a bunch of laid back  pussies. 

Ok back to managing my insurrection now! (From Texas. How weird.)

Edited by FTFO

20 hours ago, FTFO said:

Nope. 

I am actually the person behind this. We had plenty of funny shit about tarmacs in the works. But just the act of flying a fucking plane over USC is so goddamn provocative for this school that we realized we would have totally lost any credibility with anything other than a polite, straightforward message. 

Btw, I am a woman and my husband went to UT. Only reason I know about this thread. But yes. we are trying our best to stage a revolt to oust Helton. Swann wants to keep him apparently. I guess I win the “cool wife” award for the week flying a plane over my alma mater trying to oust the coach. 

If you really loved your husband, the banner would have said.....Bru Go To Texas. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FTFO said:

Nope. 

Pics of cool wife?   there may not be many rules here, but we have a few. 

Side note, I think most of us are ok with USC when we aren't playing, and we are all big fans of song girls.  

20 hours ago, FTFO said:

It isn’t going to work in all likelihood. Not this year anyway. Now we are talking about a billboard on Lynn Swann’s drive to work to remind him that he sucks at his job. 

And y’all thought we were a bunch of laid back  pussies. 

Ok back to managing my insurrection now! (From Texas. How weird.)

You’re right. It didn’t work