Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

He's also pretty much the only dude with USC ties willing to call out USC for their incestuous habits and willingness to let their huge money donor that owns Public Storage or some shit dictate hires up to the AD level. 

I don't know why you'd consider this a good thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

According to this random "connected" guy, new SC Prez wants nothing to do with Urban.  But as he states, even as President, she may get overruled by big money.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/19/report-usc-president-carol-fort-urban-meyer/

That's "connected" guy is sportsbybrooks. He doesn't know shit.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Yep.  Not good at hiring coaches.  He fired Barnett and hired Hawkins, Embree and  Mike Mac. His basketball hires were his only good picks across all sports.

Let's hope he continues to make bad football coaching hires.

Oh, and we're going to whoop ass on the buffs tomorrow.  I'll be there (actually my confidence is not high, but we shall see).

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 1:49 PM, Lhorn said:

This would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more perfect if Vince had a son while a senior in high school or a freshman on college and he comes to Texas and proceeds to kick the shit out of fischer and USC a couple of times and starts his coaching career off in the shitter

SC's problems run so much deeper than football.  The have major scandals that have severely tarnished their reputation and cost the university President his job.  Holt was brought in to stabilize the entire university.  No chance in hell her first major move, after hiring an AD, is to bring in Urbs.  No way in hell.  I will take the bet with anyone.

• Like 1

Rumor is Bohn May back out as AD because he was told he could not hire Urbs.  Apparently numerous others turned the job down for that reason, but Bohn wasn’t told that until after he accepted the job.  At least that’s what anonymous internet posters are saying, so I’m going with it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Rumor is Bohn May back out as AD because he was told he could not hire Urbs.  Apparently numerous others turned the job down for that reason, but Bohn wasn’t told that until after he accepted the job.  At least that’s what anonymous internet posters are saying, so I’m going with it.

there's no way if it were that important to him that it didn't come up in the interview process, unless you think they flat-out lied to him

Our $9.95er pulled this from the FSU 247 site.  If FSU won't touch Urbs, he must really be toxic:

"Florida State's power brass has already publicly stated they aren't interested in the three-time national champion, who stepped down at Ohio State following the 2018 season with noticeable baggage."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

#24 USC has fired Clay Helton after an 8-4 season... wow.

A 34-17 record, a Pac-12 title, and a Rose Bowl win weren't enough in four years 😐

"With the early sign period nearing, USC is hoping to have a new hire lined up by the end of this week. Its top target: Urban Meyer. 

The Trojans have been in talks with Meyer's camp for some time and there is optimism that a deal can be reached with the former Ohio State and Florida coach, sources said. Not all of the their eggs are in the Meyer basket, however. "

Edited by LTtxfan

"With the early sign period nearing, USC is hoping to have a new hire lined up by the end of this week. Its top target: Urban Meyer. 
The Trojans have been in talks with Meyer's camp for some time and there is optimism that a deal can be reached with the former Ohio State and Florida coach, sources said. Not all of the their eggs are in the Meyer basket, however. "

If they fired Helton bc a deal with Meyer is all but done = great, aggressive move by a program that wants to get back to the top in a hurry.

If they fired Helton because they want to go after Meyer but will move down the list if he says no, this is a really bad overly aggressive move that should make the most outspoken "fire Herman" voices blush.

I don't think Helton is elite, but if you were going to give him this year, he's done nothing with that time to warrant being fired anymore than he should've been fired last year. He probably looks to be trending up right now, if anything. Recruiting is his only significant knock, which I guess is not insignificant.