Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Grain of salt since this was a pretty unexpected move this early but the usual suspects. 

That list is still just as uninspiring as it was when it was our list 9 months ago. And Knight ain't letting Cristobal leave for a rival so cross that one off.

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Grain of salt since this was a pretty unexpected move this early but the usual suspects. 

some of these names......Franklin is 62-28 at Penn State why would they hire him when they just fucking fired a guy with the same record.....and is Christobal really going to leave Oregon for a shit show

Schiano is not leaving Rutgers he has it for life there no way he moves to another shit show especially because Rutgers will probably not take him back a 3rd time

Petersen is not leaving cushy TV for that fucked program

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'd say they should hire Lane Kiffin..but that's clearly not gonna happen. Idk who they go for unless Chris Petersen wants to un-retire. I hope they chase Jimbo though just for lulz and to make Aggy sweat

Jimbo at USC would be a hilariously awful fit for so many reasons. I'd love to see it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Seems like Cristobal would stick with Oregon since it looks like he's getting the machine going. Imagine they can match any offer USC gives. OTH, USC is a blue blood and the recruiting would be lights out under a new coach with cred. Don't think Stoops will be interested and believe Petersen is done too.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

That list is still just as uninspiring as it was when it was our list 9 months ago. And Knight ain't letting Cristobal leave for a rival so cross that one off.

Cristobal likes sunshine and the beach, so USC may have a strong pull. Of course, Miami should be open too. I love the way his O-Line played against tOSU. Toughness and grit

USC > Miami

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Cristobal likes sunshine and the beach, so USC may have a strong pull. Of course, Miami should be open too. I love the way his O-Line played against tOSU. Toughness and grit

USC > Miami

Cristobal did play at Miami...

Yeah, Manny probably done...  maybe Mack can hire Manny again as his next DC ???  😂😂😂  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but at Oregon you only have to deal with Phil Knight. USC, you have 50 Phil Knights and Phil Knight former NFL players to deal with. 

This seems like Fickell or Campbell's to lose. But Campbell isn't doing himself any favors. 

I'd guess Fickell.

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

USC is old money.  Oregon is new money. 

There are only a handful of legit blue-bloods.  USC is one of them. Oregon will never be. 

Oregon has recruited better for about a decade, has much freer capital for basically everything, and is committed to winning. Cristobal trying to rebuild USC instead of sticking with what seems to be a monster he's created up there makes zero sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'd guess Fickell.

Oregon has recruited better for about a decade, has much freer capital for basically everything, and is committed to winning. Cristobal trying to rebuild USC instead of sticking with what seems to be a monster he's created up there makes zero sense. 

NIL is now a huge factor for Oregon. Phil Knight can give you a shoe deal. The one kid got an NFT. 

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Urban goes 2-15 or 3-14 in J'ville and decides the NFL isn't for him -- takes USC job and kicks UT in the nuts (again).

I could see this happening. Although, USC had by far their best shot at Urban last year and didn't even try to take it (at least not to anyone's knowledge publicly). He was primed and ready...living in LA, working with a bunch of SC grads in his ear, shopping the coaching market, etc.

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Mike Gundy, perhaps.  Yeah, his politics doesn't fit the west coast, but if he ever wanted to leave Stillwater, it's time.  You can argue he should have pursued something in the SEC years ago, but those opportunities (maybe LSU) doesn't exist today.

I doubt they want a guy who is never a threat to their main rival. Gundy had his window and it's long closed. 

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

And HOLLYWOOD won't be valuable for NIL?

Hollywood gives a shit about USC right now? Oregon is already recruiting well. NIL takes them to the next level because they can pay recruits finally and not get in trouble.

Edited by mdmost

Strange timing. I can’t see doing this two games in unless you already have someone lined up. 
It was minimum 3 seasons overdue, not including this one. 2 games in for most programs would mean they're serious about winning, but USC is just like Michigan, Notre Dame and yes...UT, in living off past glory. Just be good enough to sell "next year" until that no longer works..then make a token coaching change without really changing anything.