Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If she's fucking the Chairman of the BoT, then why did mommy have to shell out $500K?

sounds like she is just scissoring the daughter of the chairman of the BoT...the daughter probably does not tell daddy who her scissor partners and when he reviews the hidden camera footage he probably does not care to try and identify who they are

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

sounds like she is just scissoring the daughter of the chairman of the BoT...the daughter probably does not tell daddy who her scissor partners and when he reviews the hidden camera footage he probably does not care to try and identify who they are

I don't understand how two women can even have sex. Unless they just like, scissor or something. 

On 1/26/2019 at 6:23 AM, Cajun said:

Yeah, it's funny because I haven't met one that really even understands the game.

There are a lot of fan bases I dislike, but they at least know the game.

One guy I know from the LA area, before the '05 Championship kept saying they were going to destroy us because, "Reggie Bush this, Reggie Bush that, Reggie Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush".

I started talking about some of their other players like White, Jarrett, Leinart, Rucker and all I got back was, "Oh yeah, they're real good".  When I started asking him what he liked about their game it became clear that Leinart was the only guy he even remotely knew who he was.  He thought White played defense.  Bunch of his surfer buddies were exactly the same.

I know they're not all like that, but it sure seems they have more of these types than any other fanbase I've ever come across.

Reminds me of what a guy I work with who is from LA and an SC grad once told me: "In LA, no matter the sport, if you're winning we'll support you by going to games and watching you on television. If you're a losing program, we don't even know you exist."

Edited by Longboard Horn
yes he really said that, he's a bandwagoner

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

USC just hired a new President, Carol Folt of UNC.   She's got a mess to clean up. 

She certainly does.  Maybe she needs to let it burn to the ground and start over.  Bets on how long Swan has?  I say 3 months.

And this is great.  The student council is now investigating other students.  It's like the Salem Witch Trials.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/20/usc-student-council-investigating-60-cheating-scandal/

The USC Judicial Council for the Undergraduate Student Government is knee-deep in investigating the cheating scandal at the school, and we're told students are blowing the whistle on scores of their fellow students who allegedly cheated their way into the University.

Sources directly connected to the Council tell TMZ, USC students have referred 60 of their classmates to the Council, claiming they used underhanded or illegal means to gain admission. One source tells TMZ, there is "hysteria" on the campus in the wake of the scandal, and the accusations are flying.

We're told of the 60, the Council determined 57 allegations were unfounded.

As for the remaining 3 ... our sources say 2 of the students are freshmen and used the services of the ringleader of the scandal, Rick Singer, who contacted the athletic department on behalf of both of them. Our sources say there is some connection to the men's lacrosse team, however, they are quick to add they have not determined if there was any wrongdoing ... at least, not yet. We're told the 2 students appeared "very nervous" after the scandal broke.

As for the third student ... our sources described her parents as "unindicted co-conspirators" who live on the East Coast. The case was referred to the Judicial Council by a faculty member. We're told the student in question is a junior who used Rick Singer to help gain admission.

As for Lori Loughlin's daughters, Olivia and Isabella, we're told the Judicial Council was about to begin an investigation, but members were called to the Provost's Office on March 14 and were asked to stand down - the University would handle the matter. TMZ broke the story ... Olivia and Isabella will not be returning to the school. 

Edited by Sbbruin

Well, here is another "rut-roh" moment for USC, in terms of league finances...

"That breaks down [to] $6.94 million per year per AAC school, a jump of more than $5 million per year per school. By comparison, according to the San Jose Mercury News, the Pac-12 Networks, the Power 5 conference's own media home, paid out less than $3 million to each member school in 2018. Suffice it to say now, that's un-American. Yes, Pac-12, your idea of competing with the Big Ten and SEC networks now has you sliding behind a Group of Six conference."

ESPN just dropped $1 billion for the AAC media rights | Sporting News

On 3/20/2019 at 9:38 PM, kopp0e said:

Well, here is another "rut-roh" moment for USC, in terms of league finances...

To be fair, the AAC is about as competitive in both revenue sports as the Pac12 right now. 

Actually, we were probably better in football last season. 

• Like 1

At this point, USC has got to be wondering if the Trojans can get a indy 3rd tier deal like Texas...

Sounds pretty similar to this old story: (how did that work out for that conference back in 2011)..?

Big East Turns Down ESPN Proposal That Would Have Paid Schools ...

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/.../Big-East.aspx
Big East Turns Down ESPN Proposal That Would Have Paid Schools $11M Per Year. May 26, 2011. The Big East Conference this week "turned downan offer" ...

• 4 weeks later...

USC's schedule is brutal. Fresno and Stanford to open, then @ BYU. Six days later, they have Utah, then they go to Washington, and then after a bye they go to Notre Dame. 

The odds they lose all six are pretty slim but they're not zero. That would be pretty fucking funny and I'm no USC hater or anything.

• 2 weeks later...