Manifest

UncleCharlie

• 2 months later...

I wonder what the destiny of these passengers will be?  

This is what I'm reduced to, bad jokes while the wife is out running errands while I'm watching the munchkin watch dinosaur train on PBS.  We should be tailgating dammit!  I'm heading down there the moment she gets home which probably won't be for another hour.  At least I got a good parking spot down there, but being stone cold sober 2 hour to kickoff feels weird.  

Anyway, this show does have an interesting premise, but so did FlashForward and Revolution but they managed to drag that shit out for way too long with nothing happening.  It's like George Costanza and Jerry Seinfeld wrote a pilot for sci-fi series instead of a sit-com.  Unique premise, but what if nothing happens?  What does that mean?  

"So your vanished plane returns to present day, what do you do after that?"
"I get up and go to work. 

"There's a show!  That's a show!"  

Why am I watching it then?  

16 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

So delete this season pass and all episodes seem to be the consensus, is that correct? 

Honestly I haven't watched a network drama I've liked since maybe House or Lost.  There's just something about the acting and cinematography of these network shows that always comes off as very cheesy to me so that's probably a big part of why I don't like it.  If you tend to like network dramas, your opinion of it may be different than mine.

But like I said in my previous post, the first episode and the setup of the mystery seemed pretty intriguing.  The next two episodes couldn't keep me interested and I bailed.

Edited by Tom

This show has been mildly interesting, but with the Crimestoppers narrative enacted on the surviviors, its getting predictable and old quick.

The twist in the last episode with the boy was a decent plot to keep me interested.

Still in, for now...

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Has it gotten better? I watched the pilot and it was god awful.

I'm a huge sucker for this type of show mythology, the time travel and time and space aspect, so really that is why I still follow. The writing is very predictable. Not as horrible as the Walking Dead, yet, but its predictable with one of the most annoying female characters, The Wife, that is quickly moving up a Top 5 Worst Of List. 

5 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

I'm a huge sucker for this type of show mythology, the time travel and time and space aspect, so really that is why I still follow. The writing is very predictable. Not as horrible as the Walking Dead, yet, but its predictable with one of the most annoying female characters, The Wife, that is quickly moving up a Top 5 Worst Of List. 

Try Travelers on Netflix if you haven't already

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, Neonmoon said:

Does the show explain why the main girl has huge fucking eyebrows?

her eyebrows aren't the [only] issue.  it's her chin/absurd under-bite.  for a reasonably attractive person with good-looking features, her profile is almost jay leno-esque.

the wife watches this, and i pay mild attention to the "what exactly happened" story thread, but care very little about "how everyone is adjusting" plotlines.

i'll dig up a pic.  and even if she's the "hot chick" on the show, she isn't a hot chick, in the context of tv and movie actresses.

when the show first started, here's what we were thinking:

mrs g - "crazy, i wonder what happened to that flight??!  i'm excited to find out!!"

me - "what's the deal with that chick?  she's supposed to be hot, her features are hot, and she should be hot, so why isn't she hot?  what's wrong with her that's keeping her from being hot?"

then i figured it out when she looked to her left.

in the context of tv/movie actresses, she needs to be a 9/10 to be hot.  i'm not saying she's ugly by any stretch, but i don't think she's a 9/10.  i guarantee you the women called in to read for that part were mostly smoking-fucking-hard-to-stand-next-to hot.

someone can link the jim jefferies bit on the reality of the 10 point scale.  it's accurate.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...