Star Wars Episode IX

Red Five

Looking at Star Wars toys for my 7 year-old.  Star Wars licensing could be ridiculous, but wow.

Barbie Star Wars Darth Vader Doll.  It's $100, but it's real

You know what this is?  This is a bunch of left over Baroness dolls from one of the recent G. I. Joe movies, with a new outfit.   

Or it was created for the Japanese market and somehow wound up on our Amazon.com.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, DoneWithit said:

They could have done something cool with Fin or Poe. Fin in particular could’ve had a bad ass backstory but instead all we got was that he was captured at a young age and was a fucking janitor on Starkiller base.  

And a two time (and counting ) coward. Thank goodness Tatooine Rose was there to save him

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

Both of those characters could be killed in the opening scene of the movie and it wouldn’t make any difference in whatever story it is they’re trying to tell in these movies.

They're trying to tell a story?  This movie coming out is supposed to wrap up a trilogy and I couldn't even tell you what conflicts need resolution.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Why?  Just because they’re kind of around and doing... uh... things, I guess?  

The mere existence of characters is not a narrative conflict.  

do you know whether that gambler on kantu bight won big?  

do you know whether leia poppins gets the kids to take their medicine?

do you know whether benecio del toro solves his verbal tic?

do you know whether those ice foxes found food on the salt planet?

there is a lot still left to resolve.

• Haha 1

Even the stars of STAR WARS: The Last Jedi weren't really on board with the direction it took.

John Boyega, who plays Finn, had this to say: "The Force Awakens I think was the beginning of something quite solid, The Last Jedi if I'm being honest I'd say that was feeling a bit iffy for me. I didn't necessarily agree with a lot of the choices in that and that's something that I spoke to Mark [Hamill] a lot about and we had conversations about it. And it was hard for all of us, because we were separated."

I got a bad feeling about 9

47 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

dont want to beat the dead horse of good movie bad movie, but I wish they would have gone deeper into the internal conflict of Finn having second thoughts of being a storm trooper. And then dying to redeem himself to save the rebellion at the end

If Finn had been allowed to sacrifice himself at the end of TLJ, it would have redeemed a lot of that movie.   

47 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Man I’m starting to hear from all sorts of random places that this movie is going to suck. I’m holding out a scrap of hope.

Yeah I just read a supposed leak of the films main points and if it’s true, Disney is going to piss off a lot more people than they did with TLJ. 

Finished the Clone Wars series. Glad to see there is a final season coming in 2020. I’m going to muscle through Rebels but I don’t like it nearly as much, it seems like a kiddie show at least in the first season.

Amazingly enough Clone Wars actually makes the prequels make a little more sense, and answers a few big questions in general (where do force ghosts come from?).

Still afraid the whole thing won’t wrap up well.

3 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Jesus christ people don't talk about leaks if you aren't gonna post about it. It's like when people talk about behind the scenes texas football stuff and don't mention names. Either tell it all or don't bitch.

Summary of reddit spoilers:

The consensus is that Rey is a Palpatine, either as his grandchild, a clone, or the child of a clone. He stayed alive powered by the spirits of all previous fallen Sith. He created or recruited Snoke to build the First Order as a vehicle to take over the galaxy again whenever he drained the life energy from a Skywalker or Rey. Maybe wanted to co-run things with Rey, or pass the torch to her.

Leia dies remotely trying to save Rey from Kylo by distracting him and/or trying to redeem Ben. Kylo realizes he’s been a pawn all along and flips back. There may or may not be a hallucination where he see Harrison Ford telling him to ditch the dark side. Rey and Kylo confront decrepit Palps who tries to drain their life force. Ben dies but Rey uses her force manipulation powers to bring him back. Rey dies killing Palpatine. Ben returns the favor by transferring his remaining life energy to bring back Rey and he dies again. No more Skywalkers. Final scene, the crew visits the Lars igloos on Tatooine where she buries Anakin, Luke, and Leia’s lightsabers in sand (I hate sand! Final burn on Anakin!) and takes on the Skywalker surname.

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Finished the Clone Wars series. Glad to see there is a final season coming in 2020. I’m going to muscle through Rebels but I don’t like it nearly as much, it seems like a kiddie show at least in the first season.

Amazingly enough Clone Wars actually makes the prequels make a little more sense, and answers a few big questions in general (where do force ghosts come from?).

Still afraid the whole thing won’t wrap up well.

Give it time. Rebels really hits its stride in season 2 and never slows down.  There is a bunch of awesome, awesome stuff in the later seasons.

• Like 1

That summary is generally consistent with the spoilers I read.  I am actually kind of excited by the prospect of this being one of the worst movies ever made.  The leaked plot is on par with a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie.  

Spoiler

They should continue the "deaths" a few more times.

Kylo: I'm dead. 

Rey: No, I'm dead.

Kylo: No, I'm dead.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alincoln said:

That summary is generally consistent with the spoilers I read.  I am actually kind of excited by the prospect of this being one of the worst movies ever made.  The leaked plot is on par with a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie.  

Hide contents

They should continue the "deaths" a few more times.

Kylo: I'm dead. 

the only thing missing there is someone needs to yell "NO, I CALLED IT!" at some point, otherwise we have a perfect rendition of "Star Wars as written by the Ax Cop kid"

• Like 1

Summary of reddit spoilers:

The consensus is that Rey is a Palpatine, either as his grandchild, a clone, or the child of a clone. He stayed alive powered by the spirits of all previous fallen Sith. He created or recruited Snoke to build the First Order as a vehicle to take over the galaxy again whenever he drained the life energy from a Skywalker or Rey. Maybe wanted to co-run things with Rey, or pass the torch to her.
Leia dies remotely trying to save Rey from Kylo by distracting him and/or trying to redeem Ben. Kylo realizes he’s been a pawn all along and flips back. There may or may not be a hallucination where he see Harrison Ford telling him to ditch the dark side. Rey and Kylo confront decrepit Palps who tries to drain their life force. Ben dies but Rey uses her force manipulation powers to bring him back. Rey dies killing Palpatine. Ben returns the favor by transferring his remaining life energy to bring back Rey and he dies again. No more Skywalkers. Final scene, the crew visits the Lars igloos on Tatooine where she buries Anakin, Luke, and Leia’s lightsabers in sand (I hate sand! Final burn on Anakin!) and takes on the Skywalker surname.

That would be horrible. Maybe the cloverfield aliens can just invade and kill everyone.
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

Give it time. Rebels really hits its stride in season 2 and never slows down.  There is a bunch of awesome, awesome stuff in the later seasons.

Facts, he speaks.

And the Reddit spoilers are probably halfway right.  If anyone read them they line up perfectly with what we've seen in the trailers and TV spots so far.  Which has lead some to believe that whoever is releasing the spoilers is on the marketing side.  So while some of the spoilers will be correct, there is some belief that some key parts are being left out or misinterpreted completely.  Just some peoples opinions.