Jeff Lynne's ELO: Wimbley or Bust

RPM

Debated on whether this should go here or in TV. Currently running on Showtime and its excellent. Hits all the high notes in ELO's repertoire and more. I don't care if he did fuck George Harrison's wife, I like Jeff Lynne's music. 

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

I love this stuff, sounds fantastic, but man, the production of this one is so over the top it's silly.  It seems like there are more shots of middle aged fans dancing around in the audience than of the band, and Lynn in particular. It has that headache-inducing ADHD type editing that has infected so many recent concert videos that really distracts from the band and the music. The audio doesn't even sync correctly with the video much of the time, which may be part of the reason they spend so much time splicing in goofy shots of the goofy looking audience. After a while I almost feel the urge to punch some of these people. I definitely feel like punching the director. You don't need all that crapola for a great band performance.

The Hyde Park concert is much better (much of this due to the milfy blonde fiddle player up front), but if you don't watch closely and have it playing in the background, the Wimbley show is nice, too.

• Like 1

Recorded this but haven't watched it yet as I'm planning on doing so here within the next two weeks as a prelude to seeing him here in Dallas August 13th.  Super geeked to see him finally.  Read it is his first full on concert tour of the US in 30 years.

*Wembley

... but yes, need to record/watch this ASAP!

Saw ELO at the Erwin Center in 1981 when they kicked off the "Time" tour ... the little robot that rolled out to do "Prologue" kicked so much ass (at the time).

And, if I remember correctly, Joe "King" Carrasco was the warm-up band.  Talk about a whiplash of music styles, but hey!  It was fun... or more appropriately,  "it's a party, a party-party weekend"!!

On 7/29/2018 at 9:42 PM, mdleast said:

Recorded this but haven't watched it yet as I'm planning on doing so here within the next two weeks as a prelude to seeing him here in Dallas August 13th.  Super geeked to see him finally.  Read it is his first full on concert tour of the US in 30 years.

Opened last night in Oakland.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jeff-lynne-elo-us-tour-2018-set-list/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...