2019 LB Marcus Tillman

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

First

nice. I'm not following closely but was this unexpected?

We invited him to visit, he paid his way to see us and we offered, tough to say unexpected but goes further to show that 995 continues in the dark.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Yeah. He wasn't on our radar as fans until he RSVP'd to our camp.

Guess Gbenda lost his spot.

Maybe but I think we take at least 4 lb's this year and Gbenda is an ILB who can play in coverage plus does not get lost in traffic when playing inside. I'm not so sure we would give up on him unless he is clearly headed to play for the roaches.

22nd LB in composite, 62nd by 247. Here is another kid weighing down the avg because 247 isn't feeling our 'croots this year. But he has 5 SEC offers (SEC good!), Clemson, Ohio State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Maryland offers. I like! Probably means Rian Davis is out. Still need another ILB though (thanks Demarco!)

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

22nd LB in composite, 62nd by 247. Here is another kid weighing down the avg because 247 isn't feeling our 'croots this year. But he has 5 SEC offers (SEC good!), Clemson, Ohio State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Maryland offers. I like! Probably means Rian Davis is out. Still need another ILB though (thanks Demarco!)

I think Rian Davis will hold a spot until signing day. Tongue or Gbenda are on the bubble.

Just now, BigVegasHorn26 said:

I like it.  Also like that Gerry is a fan - I trust his evaluations.  

Is this the kid living in Florida, but who grew up in Texas? 

No. This is the kid living in FL who was taught how to play LB by Ray Lewis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I think Rian Davis will hold a spot until signing day. Tongue or Gbenda are on the bubble.

Davis is a OLB/DE, Tongue a WR/OLB and Gbenda an ILB who can cover. We also need to take at least 4 lb's this year IMO. Might be too early to eliminate Gbenda just because our uninformed 995 can't get consistent info about his status.

16 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Nice. This is going to be the most national class we've taken in my life.

For context, you probably have no life.

*Says the guy reading a message board on Saturday afternoon and getting excited about a teenage boy.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

The last FL LB with Ray Lewis ties worked out well for us...

JFC, hike up your skirt and judge this kid on his own merits. That dude was not offered by this staff. This kids can turn, run & cover, accelerate around the edge and high fb IQ. Who knows what happens in 4 years but he is a very good take.

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

JFC, hike up your skirt and judge this kid on his own merits. That dude was not offered by this staff. This kids can turn, run & cover, accelerate around the edge and high fb IQ. Who knows what happens in 4 years but he is a very good take.

Casual Encounter should be lumped in the Future Man, trza-hawk, and Hank Scorpio category of don't take most of what they post on this board seriously.

Edited by Machinator

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

It was a joke. I don’t question our coach’s evaluations since they know far more than me about scouting football talent.

Oh, and I’ll wear my skirt like I damn well please, Sir!

Seems unusual for a guy to come out of nowhere and publicly commit within 24 hrs of his first visit to a place.  I'm going to assume TO has been talking to him for a while and has probably been out to see him. 

Commited to FL a year ago and was all gator, then seemed hurt that shark humper was let go.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Offer list has Fla, Clemson, and OSU - although not clear if those are real

I'm sure the gator offer was real. At this point, Cousin Eddie will take whatever he can get but having offers from Dabo and Urban means this kid is for real.

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I found an article from a Clemson site (about their LB situation) where he was mentioned (it was posted 7 hours ago, which makes the last part lol). The brief mentioning of Tillman:

"Orlando (Fla.) Jones three-star Marcus Tillman has seen the teams involved in his recruitment shift over time.

Florida, Louisville, UNC, Ohio State and Clemson have been most strongly linked to him in the past but currently his recruitment is a little less clear.

He doesn't appear to be close to a decision.
"

But it appears that those offers from Florida, Louisville, tOSU and Clemson were very real.

Edited by The_Orange_Dane
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Seems unusual for a guy to come out of nowhere and publicly commit within 24 hrs of his first visit to a place.  I'm going to assume TO has been talking to him for a while and has probably been out to see him. 

Commited to FL a year ago and was all gator, then seemed hurt that shark humper was let go.

There's the rub. I'm sure we'll find out after the fact that the coaching staff had been recruiting him as if he had an offer all along similar to what IT was saying about Christian Jones during the previous recruiting cycle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Shit, I can't wait for aggy to say he was paid for. You know, them being unaware that they have had that happen about 3 times now.

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

At least Florida, tOSU, and USCe are keeping tabs on him as his recruiters are listed for them.  https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Marcus-Tillman-Jr-98801/RecruitInterests/

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP