Destiny

GabrielsHorn

Clearly not IB haha. I've been getting wrecked 

There's a way to get to a raid chest without raiding btw:

Spoiler

See this video to get to the wishing well:

After that, you need to input this code:

imgur>

That'll take you to right before second encouter. You then follow this path to get the chest

Took about 15 minutes. Well worth it as I doubt I'll touch the raid for a bit

Edited by GabrielsHorn

On 9/20/2018 at 9:30 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

I don’t know how to do all this level 530 shit with 500 gear.

Yeah, this. I have all these “pursuits” for powerful gear but I can’t do any of them yet.

Also, seems like every day Reddit is raving about some awesome new secret mission being discovered that you have to be like 590 for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 7:30 AM, mattbu said:

How long did it take to get that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess it took 5-6 hours total over a few days. The weekly bounty gives you 40 (plus a handful from each daily bounty to get there).  By the time I completed the weekly, I just needed to run the haunted forest 2-3 more times to get to 120.

Also, for the daily bounty where you need to loot 5 lost sectors, you can just do the lost sector inside Devrim's church on the EDZ over and over. You can run past everything to the last room, kill the captain, run back out of the lost sector and repeat.

• 2 months later...

BUNGiE is going to take full publishing control for destiny... free from Activision. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

When we first launched our partnership with Activision in 2010, the gaming industry was in a pretty different place. As an independent studio setting out to build a brand new experience, we wanted a partner willing to take a big leap of faith with us. We had a vision for Destiny that we believed in, but to launch a game of that magnitude, we needed the support of an established publishing partner.

With Activision, we created something special. To date, Destiny has delivered a combination of over 50 million games and expansions to players all around the world. More importantly, we’ve also witnessed a remarkable community – tens of millions of Guardians strong – rise up and embrace Destiny, to play together, to make and share memories, and even to do truly great things that reach far beyond the game we share, to deliver a positive impact on people’s everyday lives.

We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

The planned transition process is already underway in its early stages, with Bungie and Activision both committed to making sure the handoff is as seamless as possible.

With Forsaken, we’ve learned, and listened, and leaned in to what we believe our players want from a great Destiny experience. Rest assured there is more of that on the way. We’ll continue to deliver on the existing Destiny roadmap, and we’re looking forward to releasing more seasonal experiences in the coming months, as well as surprising our community with some exciting announcements about what lies beyond.

Thank you so much for your continued support. Our success is owed in no small part to the incredible community of players who have graced our worlds with light and life. We know self-publishing won’t be easy; there’s still much for us to learn as we grow as an independent, global studio, but we see unbounded opportunities and potential in Destiny. We know that new adventures await us all on new worlds filled with mystery, adventure, and hope. We hope you’ll join us there.

See you starside

Edited by jofus

• 4 months later...

Some big changes announced yesterday. https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47882

Destiny 2 is going free to play, and that includes everything from Year 1, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind. Cross-save is now a thing, so if you want to take your character to another console or PC, you can do that. The game will be on Google Stadia, and Steam now that they're no longer with Activision.

Going forward, everything is going to be a-la-carte, meaning you can buy individual expansions, and even individual seasons, without owning the content that’s come before, avoiding the confusing mess of what you did or didn’t need to own previously in order to play the latest stuff. So right now there are essentially two jumping off points: Destiny 2: New Light as F2P year one, and now everything, D2 year one, Forsaken and all the Annual Pass content, is also on sale for $30, if you want to go a bit further. Shadowkeep will operate like a normal expansion when it arrives this fall, and you can buy it for $35. But you don’t need Forsaken to play it, and will never need a preceding piece of content to buy anything new again, it seems.

Perhaps the most pressing news for existing Destiny players was the revelation that the leaks were true, cross save is coming to Destiny, meaning you can jump back and forth across platforms, bringing your guardians with you. In the past day fans were freaking out that Sony reportedly was the lone holdout, but according to a Jason Scheier scoop, Bungie actually met with Sony as late as yesterday to get them to commit to this, which made for a much less awkward stream when Bungie could say that yes, all platforms were on board.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/06/06/what-to-make-of-all-destiny-2s-massive-changes-in-the-shadowkeep-activisionfree-era/#1c14d0a413cc

Will all this be enough to bring players back, myself included? I have no idea. Honestly, I probably won't, but my interest in the game is higher than it has been in a long time.

I bought D2 when it was released and played everything it had to offer at that time.  Never bothered with any DLC content.

One of the issues that really bugged me about D2 was the scaling schema they used.  It really didn't matter what gear you used.  Everything scaled so the difficulty never really changed.  There was no reason to chase higher level gear (except for unlocking new content).  Did they ever fix/change that?  If not, the PVE content is still pretty much meh IMO.  The PVP was fun, but I'm never going to be a PVP champ and it gets old after a while (like most everything else).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that Bungie is independent they seem to be leaning into the RPG elements instead of shying away from them. For starters, they’re acknowledging the MMO aspect. “Action MMO in a single evolving world” is what they’re calling Destiny 2 now. In the Activision days, “MMO” was taboo. It was a “shared world shooter.”

New stats being introduced, new finishing move mechanic, new artifact system, new armor system, new power scaling system for higher level enemies, lots of sandbox changes.  It’s going to be a very different game, and the changes seem to be pointing to lots more customization and build options. This could finally be the sequel Destiny 2 should have been. Not the gutted, watered down, casual-friendly WTF version of D2 we got in 2017

the Vidoc from last week gives you a feel of where the game is headed:

Just for fun, I went to the old site and found my D2 rant posted 1/13/18:

It really is comical how badly Bungie missed the mark with D2. What made D1 great, in a nutshell, was build diversity. The way you could mix and match subclass builds, weapons, and armor, to create synergy and concoct powerful loadouts that shook up the sandbox and changed the way you played. Pretty much every decision Bungie made has flattened those options into impotent, limited, samey builds. A more homogeneous, boring weapon system, two subclass options, weaker gun perks, weaker exotics, neutered movement and abilities...

Results: loadouts are weak and limited, and worst of all, loot is boring. There is nothing badass to acquire that changes the way you play. Nothing that shakes up the sandbox.

Bungie made all these idiotic changes that nobody asked for, to appeal to who the $#@! knows. metacritic reviewers and some nonexistent casual gamer who quit Destiny 2 after 20 hours, I guess. Now casual and hardcore players are leaving their $#@!ty shell of a game in droves, and they’re in scramble mode, promising to implement a long list of features that were already in D1.  

Not that it matters, because the game is so fundamentally broken, desperately adding a bunch of D1 features won’t fix fun. This game needs massive, sweeping sandbox changes if it ever wants to resemble anything approaching a decent sequel.

A little over a year and a half later, maybe that decent sequel is finally here.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

servers down for emergency maintenance. Hittin a few bumps on launch day. Wonder if it's a server load thing. People are getting max capacity, queue numbers, etc.

Maybe the population spike with the new expansion and a f2p mode both dropping at the same time was a lot higher than they anticipated.

"Bungie blindsided by shocking development: people actually want to play Destiny 2."

I'm only a few story missions in so I've barely scratched the surface on the new content. 

My one disappointment so far is that  world drops and vendor loot haven't been refreshed, so it's kinda lame getting the same armor and weapon drops that have been in the game for over a year now. Also, apparently there's only one new exotic armor piece per class right now.  For a $35 expansion, that's...kind of inexcusable.

I'm pretty sure Bungie wants to go with a more of a regular updates/drip feed approach vs. releasing content in chunks every 3-6 months, so I'll see how it goes. I just hope that in a few weeks I'm not asking yet again, "where's the loot?" Where's the cool stuff to chase?"

If Bungie is openly embracing their game's MMO identity, you'd think they understand the importance of fucking loot, but who knows. 

• 9 months later...