Russia

Pancho

Will there be a time when it would be beneficial for Putin to flip?  I think there will be and it may be soon.

Once the pieces are put completely together, sanctions against Russia will be definite and burdensome.  If Putin got on TV today and said "I directed the misinformation campaign and my people met directly with Mr. Trump on many occasions and worked to get him elected.  Our initial assessment that he was an easily manipulated mark with plenty of dirty laundry to use as leverage was accurate.  We've also guided him using a variety of tactics in order to limit US actions and sanctions against Russia.  We will stop these tactics and provide necessary information to investigators in exchange for a clean slate with the next administration."

This would do a few things that would benefit Putin.  It would immediately make the US political situation even worse.  It would cause Trump to come completely undone.  It would allow Putin to openly gloat as the man who brought the US to its knees.  And it would have the potential to reduce or eliminate sanctions on Russia.  And all for admitting something that is close to being proven anyway.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Will there be a time when it would be beneficial for Putin to flip?  I think there will be and it may be soon.

Once the pieces are put completely together, sanctions against Russia will be definite and burdensome.  If Putin got on TV today and said "I directed the misinformation campaign and my people met directly with Mr. Trump on many occasions and worked to get him elected.  Our initial assessment that he was an easily manipulated mark with plenty of dirty laundry to use as leverage was accurate.  We've also guided him using a variety of tactics in order to limit US actions and sanctions against Russia.  We will stop these tactics and provide necessary information to investigators in exchange for a clean slate with the next administration."

This would do a few things that would benefit Putin.  It would immediately make the US political situation even worse.  It would cause Trump to come completely undone.  It would allow Putin to openly gloat as the man who brought the US to its knees.  And it would have the potential to reduce or eliminate sanctions on Russia.  And all for admitting something that is close to being proven anyway.

Yeah no, that will never happen.  It’s just not the way the Kremlin operates. Their strategy is to constantly pollute the information space and confuse the public.  Coming clean would not only turn the world against him but could also endanger Putin’s own power inside the Kremlin.

Their entire strategy going back to the Cold War is playing the victim being treated very unfairly by the Western world.  They will never take responsibility for their subversive operations.  Doing so would undermine their entire foreign policy.  

Also important to remember, they are attacking the West because they are weak.  They play geopolitical poker like a country with a shitty hand, through deception and bold manipulative maneuvers.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah no, that will never happen.  It’s just not the way the Kremlin operates. Their strategy is to constantly pollute the information space and confuse the public.  Coming clean would not only turn the world against him but could also endanger Putin’s own power inside the Kremlin.
Their entire strategy going back to the Cold War is playing the victim being treated very unfairly by the Western world.  They will never take responsibility for their subversive operations.  Doing so would undermine their entire foreign policy.  
Also important to remember, they are attacking the West because they are weak.  They play geopolitical poker like a country with a shitty hand, through deception and bold manipulative maneuvers.
Their goal isn't to merely "burn" the US. Their goal is to weaken us to the point of collapse so they can increase their sphere of influence and acquire more global assets unopposed by the US. They will lose to China thereafter, anyway, so they are playing a losing game, but I'd rather be back to back Cold War Champs.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Using nerve agents to assassinate on an ally's soil.  Interfering in US elections.  Attacking embassies with microwave bursts.  At what point do these aggressions constitute acts of war?

Now.  Also, you left out Brexit.

Edited by Yuk

On 9/21/2018 at 5:32 PM, F250 said:

Is that bear sucking on a titty?

1537494644478-bear-photos.jpeg?crop=0.99

Darwin awards waiting to happen.  Eventually that bear is gonna have a "look bitch, you knew I was a bear" moment.  Reminds me of that chimp whose owner swore he was the nicest thing for 15 years before he chimped out and ripped a woman's face off.

• 3 weeks later...

#1 is awesome considering what they’ve been doing on increasing public awareness regarding active measures in Europe and the West.  The Atlantic Council is basically an arm of NATO.

1. The Atlantic Council – The Russophobe think-tank

2. Conservative Party (Britain) – Elected Russophobes

3. Rachel Maddow – Russophobia gone Madd

4. The Skripal Pundits – Russophobes for hire

5. UK Fake News Inquiry – Russophobia by committee

6. Michael McFaul – Diplomatic Russophobe

7. Daily Beast – Russophobia as journalism

8. Hillary Clinton – Bad loser Russophobe

9. Bill Browder – Not for profit Russophobe

10. Justin Trudeau – Bandwagon Russophobe

On 9/14/2018 at 3:11 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Holy cow. I agree with most of what you say.  Russia's goal is chaos.  Help a crazy underdog (Trump) win the election?  Check.  Give money to his opponent (Hillary)?  Check.  Whack people on British soil, and make sure we know they did it?  Check.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 1:52 PM, FondrenRoad said:

Hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Who is everyone's favorite RT journalist/personality?  Chris Hedges?  Thom Hartmann and Abby Martin were great, but I don't think either is there anymore.  Personally, I'm partial to Anya Parampil.  

Edited by Fozzz

22 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Who is everyone's favorite RT journalist/personality?  Chris Hedges?  Thom Hartmann and Abby Martin were great, but I don't think either is there anymore.  Personally, I'm partial to Anya Parampil.  

weird question.   Ain’t no one got time for a pipe full of Russian propaganda.  But I’m interested to see who else chimes in.

2 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Who the fuck voted for putin Guy? 61 votes is a lot 

Putin orchestrated bribes involved ?  Just a wild guess.  

4 hours ago, triplehorn said:

weird question.   Ain’t no one got time for a pipe full of Russian propaganda.  But I’m interested to see who else chimes in.

None of the people I listed are Russian propagandists.  Honestly, although they do engage in some wingnuttery at times, I think RT is generally more objective in their coverage than American MSM except for when they are directly discussing Russia.  When it comes to American news, they aren't subject to the same kind of filtering process that so drastically limits the ken of American MSM.

Edited by Fozzz

58 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

None of the people I listed are Russian propagandists.  Honestly, although they do engage in some wingnuttery at times, I think RT is generally more objective in their coverage than American MSM except for when they are directly discussing Russia.  When it comes to American news, they aren't subject to the same kind of filtering process that so drastically limits the ken of American MSM.

RT was forced to register under FARA acting as an agent for a foreign power.  RT was also banned from advertising on Twitter due to being designated a propaganda arm of the Kremlin apparatus.

Why has RT registered as a foreign agent with the US?

In the registration, Solodovnikov notes his firm's funding comes from TV Novosti, and admits the Russian government finances the organisation. But Solodovnikov also says he is not "sufficiently aware of who supervises, owns, directs, controls or subsidises" TV Novosti.

RT doesn't make its supervisory board public, according to the Atlantic Council report, and while it reports annually to the Russian Ministry of Press on its expenditures, their financial statements are not made public.

American intelligence agencies have a low opinion of the network. Ex-CIA director James Clapper has called RT "a mouthpiece of Russian governmental propaganda," whose assets and executives are closely tied to Vladimir Putin.

An unclassified version of a January US intelligence report points to RT and Russian-backed website Sputnik as a key part of Russian interference with the US election, arguing the outlet served "as a platform for Kremlin messaging".

"The Kremlin staffs RT and closely supervises RT's coverage, recruiting people who can convey Russian strategic messaging because of their ideological beliefs," the report states.

It also details close links between editorial management and the Russian government and cites RT and Sputnik's ramping up of pro-Trump and anti-Clinton stories around March 2016, including Russian talking points that Clinton's election would led to a war between US and Russia.

Like any competent propaganda outlet, there will be mainstream news and opinion incorporated to lend a veil of legitimacy as a set up for the targeted manipulation.

I really couldn't care less about how US intelligence agencies view RT.  They employ people who are willing to take a far more critical eye to US news than what you will find in American MSM, so of course they will try to paint them all as stooges.  If you were familiar with the work of those people whom I mentioned earlier, you would know that they are not puppets.  None of the big American media outlets give airtime to any journalist of the quality of someone like Chris Hedges.  They would never do that.  The closest they get is someone like Chris Hayes, but his show just a slightly better version of the same dreck you get on the other programs.  

8 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Abby Martin bragged about investigating 9/11 for three years and coming to the conclusion that it was an inside job by the Bush administration.

She only recanted in 2013 or 2014 when people noticed she was full-on truther and it started to impact her career.

That kind of shit is fucking nuts.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abby Martin bragged about investigating 9/11 for three years and coming to the conclusion that it was an inside job by the Bush administration.

She only recanted in 2013 or 2014 when people noticed she was full-on truther and it started to impact her career.

That kind of shit is fucking nuts.

The only damning thing I’ve seen was that video of her in back in college around 2008. She may have been an idiot back then, but she’s been solid on the empire files.