2019 OT Javonne Shepherd

Machinator

37 minutes ago, someguy said:

to his credit, Cardale Jones went back to school and graduated in 2017.

Does ohio state allow ex-players continued remote classes that tutors walk them through or are they integrated to the general student body once eligibility runs out?

• Like 1

I mean, I guess he could have applied for a waiver but he most likely needs to sit out the year anyway. So unless the ncaa doesn’t allow a failing student to transfer into an ncaa school, there’s no reason for them not to admit him and help him get his grades up through their online classes and aggressive tutoring. 

We've heard freshman offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd will return to the team. That's at least what he's telling people. We're still somewhat skeptical, especially with Footwork King stating on some random Aggie fan page on Facebook that he's 110% certain Shepherd will leave. For now we'll work under the assumption he's staying. One thing we don't have to assume given how hard Texas recruited Shepherd (twice now) is they think he's special.

The ministry disagrees. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

12:22p 

Staff

Spoke to a source close to Javonne this morning. 

There's not much factual to the OP. Did that come from a fan or one of their writers? Regardless, I do not see Shep going back to Texas. He's in the process of finishing up his academic work for the semester in Austin. 

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

So A&M mods think he's going there, some Texas mods think there's a chance he stays, and there's rumors that he's potentially failing out. Sounds similar to his original recruitment. 

He’s gonna be a great player for Texas...Southern. Maybe Sam Houston

Edited by RGBIII

30 minutes ago, Fud said:

So A&M mods think he's going there, some Texas mods think there's a chance he stays, and there's rumors that he's potentially failing out. Sounds similar to his original recruitment. 

I don't think any mods think he is staying, they are just saying he is telling people he is staying. 

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

While I'm not at all inclined to believe he's coming back, I won't take aggy mods word regarding him as proof of anything other than what aggy wants. They have been wrong about him so many times, any normal group of humans would have died of embarrassment twelve times over.

Iswydt

On 12/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, LTtxfan said:

Anyone ever confirm rumors of possible academic issues for Javonne??

It's very difficult if not impossible to confirm things like that unless they come straight from Shepards mouth.  Any other person discussing his grades without his consent would violate ferpa.  

55 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's very difficult if not impossible to confirm things like that unless they come straight from Shepards mouth.  Any other person discussing his grades without his consent would violate ferpa.  

Maybe when Shepard leaves here, he can get into that new program for the intellectually disabled to stay eligible at ATM for football. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So does the school still waste resources like tutors on players they know are gone?  Would be hard pressed not to get a “fuck you, have fun in aggyland” from me. 

If you're in the portal, the school doesn't have to do much of anything for you any more. Tuition is still paid for the current semester, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Need some help translating aggie here. Is he saying that an aggie mod deleting a thread containing negative rumors about Texas means the rumors are true?

Apparently they think Herman somehow orchestrated Shepherd skipping his classes and midterms. My A&M guy still thinks it’s very likely he will have to go to Blinn next year if he plans on playing for A&M in 2021. 

This is a huge story that we’re overlooking because of our orange tinted glasses. The University of Texas is willing to sacrifice its academic integrity to devalue a poor young man with unlimited potential just because he decided to take his talents to College Station and be a part of Jimbo’s 20XX Championship team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Apparently they think Herman somehow orchestrated Shepherd skipping his classes and midterms. My A&M guy still thinks it’s very likely he will have to go to Blinn next year if he plans on playing for A&M in 2021. 

All of Shepherd's recent follows are CC coaches and players.  He's going JUCO.

*Specifically Butler Community College

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Texags was already created a long time ago 

I meant as an adjunct; there is no conspiracy theory too far-flung for those rubes to reject, and clearly they are wild to throw their money away on garbage.  I kind of like the title, Jimbonetics:  the Maroon Science of Mental Health.