2019 OT Javonne Shepherd

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I haven’t done the research, but this might be the best two tackle prospects we’ve landed in a long, long time.

Going strictly on rankings, TJ is, but Javonne will be the 8th highest rated guy since 2012.

Tyler Johnson .9832

Kent Perkins .9814 - Bust

Kennedy Estelle .9764 - Bust

Junior Angilau .9458 - ???

Jean Delance .9457 - Transfer

Camrhon Hughes .9444 - Bust

JP Urquidez .9116 - ???

Javonne Shepherd .9110

Edited by thepop

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

Going strictly on rankings, TJ is, but Javonne will be the 8th highest rated guy since 2012.

Tyler Johnson .9832

Javonne Shepherd .9110

Speaking of Delance, anything about him from Florida?  He's able to play this year.

6 minutes ago, thepop said:

Tyler Johnson .9832

JP Urquidez .9116 - ???

Javonne Shepherd .9110

Good god that's an astonishing whiff rate.

Perkins was at least decent, wasn't he? The last several years have been a bit of a blur...

Regarding his writing, he attends what has to be one of the worst high schools in the state. I believe a couple years ago it was in the news because almost 10% of the student body was on some type of probation or parole. A place like that makes it somewhat hard to do English good, I imagine. 

1 hour ago, thepop said:

Agreed on the blur part. I think he started at guard for a year or two? So given that he contributed I guess you can't call him a total bust.

Perkins was a three year starter and 2nd team all big 12 as a senior. That's not a bust at all even if we would have liked for him to be even better.

• Like 3

The 6-foot-6, 334-pound monster o-lineman committed to Texas tonight. Shepherd, from Houston North Forest is a high 4-star with 30+ offers including Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia, LSU, and Florida State.

Damn!  Huge to get two tackles of such high quality in this class.  Herman doin' work.

UT scores big with Shepherd, delivers blow to A&M

Eh, he's aiiight, but not SEC aiiight.

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, thepop said:

Tyler Johnson .9832

JP Urquidez .9116 - ???

Javonne Shepherd .9110

That list should underscore to you how badly the $9.95ers suck at talent evaluation, as I told y’all while we were recruiting one of the guys on that list. His HS OC laughed his ass off about how bad a football player the kid was in a discussion about it a while back. SMH. 

Tyler Johnson .9832
JP Urquidez .9116 - ???
Javonne Shepherd .9110

What I meant is to take the top two tackle recruits from each year added together. What year had the 2 highest ranked tackles combined? I’m thinking this year might be it. The year of Tray Allan and someone else doesn’t count because Allan was recruited as a guard I believe.

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

What I meant is to take the top two tackle recruits from each year added together. What year had the 2 highest ranked tackles combined? I’m thinking this year might be it. The year of Tray Allan and someone else doesn’t count because Allan was recruited as a guard I believe.

Kennedy Estelle + Camrhon Hughes = 1.9208

Shepherd + Johnson = 1.8942

7 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Pretty sure Javonne is underrated right now too. With that offer list, he's gotta be better than #26 and a .91. I can see him rising up to top 20 and .95 by the end of the cycle.

Perhaps. Competition is fierce, but if memory serves the guy put up some silly measurables and times at a camp a month or two ago. Like shuttle times faster than aTm DB's fast. So it's not out of the question the guy could rise to a .94 or so with a good season. 

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Perhaps. Competition is fierce, but if memory serves the guy put up some silly measurables and times at a camp a month or two ago. Like shuttle times faster than aTm DB's fast. So it's not out of the question the guy could rise to a .94 or so with a good season. 

Frankly, I'd be concerned if our linemen couldn't outrun aggy DBs.

• Like 2