2019 OT Javonne Shepherd

We should find out soon enough but lots of warning signs IMO. The terrible weight gain, lack of production, immaturity and now being dismissed from the team. He could be a great project but does not seem to fit into the mentality of our 18/19 class. Hope he can see this as a wake up call and gets his shit together before coming here.

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

We should find out soon enough but lots of warning signs IMO. The terrible weight gain, lack of production, immaturity and now being dismissed from the team. He could be a great project but does not seem to fit into the mentality of our 18/19 class. Hope he can see this as a wake up call and gets his shit together before coming here.

I bet aggy "flips" him late in the cycle if he doesn't get his shit together and claims a huge Jimbo recruiting victory. Hooting and hollering will be heard. Chests will be thumped. Sheep will be fucked in celebration, and then the kid will never see the field in his year and a half on campus. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hozz said:

On TFB someone said he got booted off his HS team...anyone have the story there?

edit: Seems like a bad sign

Since he's committed to Texas, What are rules as to whether Herman decides to still honor Scholy if Shepherd actually has been kicked off his High School Team?

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Since he's committed to Texas, What are rules as to whether Herman decides to still honor Scholy if Shepherd actually has been kicked off his High School Team?

Verbal Commits are essentially meaningless until they sign the LOI. The only real obligation at this point in the cycle is a social one, but it’s hard to imagine he could piss off his high school coaches if they already kicked him off the team.

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lagaryon Carson was committed and Herman basically told him he didn't have an offer/spot.

Thx Elmer.....

Guess Shepherd's "Twouble was as a wesult of not being vewy vewy quiet while hunting wabbits" 🤣 

Found Carson article

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/12/28/14099438/lagaryonn-carson-texas-longhorns-status-statement

Edited by LTtxfan

51 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx Elmer.....

Guess Shepherd's "Twouble was as a wesult of not being vewy vewy quiet while hunting wabbits" 🤣 

Found Carson article

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/12/28/14099438/lagaryonn-carson-texas-longhorns-status-statement

You’re a weird guy Ace. Weird guy..

Apparently, Shephard got into a physical altercation with a coach during spring work, with $9.95ers present, none of whom had the nads to even allude to it publicly. Fast forward to this fall and he's done something similar again. The bust factor on this guy is sky fucking high. I'm of the opinion from here forward that Texas is better off without him, and wherever he does wind up, they're going to regret it. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Apparently, Shephard got into a physical altercation with a coach during spring work, with $9.95ers present, none of whom had the nads to even allude to it publicly. Fast forward to this fall and he's done something similar again. The bust factor on this guy is sky fucking high. I'm of the opinion from here forward that Texas is better off without him, and wherever he does wind up, they're going to regret it. 

Javonne Shepherd is DeAngeloBeige???

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Looks like we have another opening in the 2019 OL class. 

Too bad. Wasted talent. 

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And Hamm just said what Shepherd did changes nothing about how aggy feels about him.

Yeah, I've heard that as well. They're going about the recruiting process in an entirely different manner than Texas. Now think about that in the context of them not pursuing the Illinois commit and the LSU LB commit out of DFW. Those two guys have be serial killers or something. 

I think it's interesting to consider the FSU OL problems and what we're seeing ATM do with OLs under Fisher. It isn't like Fisher failed to recruit OLs at FSU. I'm going to check out what the bust rates and attrition rates on those types were, because they must be off the chart.

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And Hamm just said what Shepherd did changes nothing about how aggy feels about him.

Well the aggys have no morals or ethics so...

Jimbo allows crab leg theft from his players.  Oh and rape.  So keep that in context with discussions on behavior issues.

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

FSU won an National Championship five years ago with one of the best teams in college football history,

Yeah. Busted a fucking gut laughing at that shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Posrep. That's what I was looking for, although I'm not sure how instructive it's going to be at ATM with The Marine running shit versus Trickett. Clearly, they're identifying some 5 star talent and signing it. They whiffed on that at FSU for the OL. Now, do they develop that talent? And do they consistently recruit that level of talent? Should be interesting. The 2020 OL commits look like hot garbage in line with what they did at FSU. Green and Shephard are going to be talented signings. The 2018 class needs to be developed, and the other takes in 2019 look like projects too. They're certainly trending as though Fisher has a type he wants signed on the OL, whether anyone else believes in it or not.