Manafort Trial

Grandioso

This would be funny if true. Did Manafort get Ben Shapiro and Breitbart to write "Obama jew" piece? The same people pushing fake news and thinly veiled ethnonationalism may have been outted in today's superseding criminal information.

In addition to the law firm report, MANAFORT took other steps on behalf of the Government of Ukraine to tarnish Tymoshenko in the United States. In addition to disseminating stories about her soliciting murder, noted above, in October 2012, MANAFORT orchestrated a scheme to have, as he wrote in a contemporaneous communication, “[O]bama jews” put pressure on the Administration to disavow Tymoshenko and support Yanukovych.

MANAFORT sought to undermine United States support for Tymoshenko by spreading stories in the United States that a senior Cabinet official (who had been a prominent critic of Yanukovych’s treatment of Tymoshenko) was supporting anti-Semitism because the official supported Tymoshenko, who in turn had formed a political alliance with a Ukraine party that espoused anti-Semitic views. MANAFORT coordinated privately with a senior Israeli government official to issue a written statement publicizing this story. MANAFORT then, with secret advance knowledge of that Israeli statement, worked to disseminate this story in the United States, writing to Person D1 “I have someone pushing it on the NY Post. Bada bing bada boom.” MANAFORT sought to have the Administration understand that “the Jewish community will take this out on Obama on election day if he does nothing.” MANAFORT then told his United States lobbyist to inform the Administration that Ukraine had worked to prevent the Administration’s presidential opponent from including damaging language in the Israeli statement, so as not to harm the Administration, and thus further ingratiate Yanukovych with the Administration.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/10/29/clinton-ukraine-tymoshenko-anti-semitism/

Edited by Yuk

I don't think it's the Russians he needs to worry about upsetting his apple cart, it will be something started by Estonians, Georgians, Ukranians or any other country he decides to overthrow using his active measures method.   And he keeps wanting to retake more and more of the old territory.  The "Active Measures" documentary lines out a lot of this. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11106195/Putin-privately-threatened-to-invade-Poland-Romania-and-the-Baltic-states.html

President Vladimir Putin privately threatened to invade Poland, Romania and the Baltic states, according to a record of a conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart.

"If I wanted, in two days I could have Russian troops not only in Kiev, but also in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw and Bucharest," Mr Putin allegedly told President Petro Poroshenko of Ukraine, reported Süddeutsche Zeitung, a German newspaper.

If true, this would be the first time that Mr Putin has threatened to invade Nato or EU members. Any threat to send Russian troops into the capitals of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Romania would cause grave alarm among Western leaders.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I read through the 76 pages and a few conclusions:

1.  The information is describing old school style active measures.  Hired agents of influence working through plausibly deniable NGOs and other world leaders to shape US policy and public perception.

2.  Manafort was a professional at this shit.  Reading his update memos and reports at the end showed whoever was paying him really got their money’s worth.

3. What isn’t in the report is also telling.  Nothing about Manafort’s place in Trump Tower or his work on the 2016 campaign.  Very little about the digital influence operations he helped fund/run in Ukraine.  There isn’t much connecting him to the Russian Federation in the report either which could be for his own protection if he is a cooperating witness.

How? Damn man I side with you more often than not, but damn! All the best ... but damn!

• Fuck You 1

Also today, new indications we're not going at this alone:

Britain steps up efforts to target dirty money from Russia, corrupt elites

"LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is significantly stepping up efforts to tackle the dirty money funneled by Russians and other “corrupt elites” into or through the United Kingdom, a senior police officer said on Friday.

[...]

“The fact you are not seeing big numbers at the moment does not mean we are not doing the work, because we are. You will see that come through in the courts; it will take time but you will see it. It takes time because the people who holds these assets are not stupid.”

Individuals using complex company structures to hide their links to assets were increasingly moving these from British crown dependencies and overseas territories to other jurisdictions because of their greater cooperation with the authorities.

2 hours ago, Yuk said:

This would be funny if true. Did Manafort get Ben Shapiro and Breitbart to write "Obama jew" piece? The same people pushing fake news and thinly veiled ethnonationalism may have been outted in today's superseding criminal information.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/10/29/clinton-ukraine-tymoshenko-anti-semitism/

D1 and D2 are Friedman and Sager, the two witnesses at the center of the of tampering charge.  They are more PR types, trying to push stories in media, than straight up lobbyists, working the politicians directly.  Friedman is/was relatively well respected.  Sager is a former CNN employee, and is at the center of a weird Azerbajian-European, sex-scandal, thing.  I cant vouch for the source, and it does seems slanted.

http://asbarez.com/166535/former-cnn-employee-received-2-6-million-through-azerbaijani-laundromat/

he report called “Azerbaijani Laundromat” by the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) revealed that former CNN producer Eckart Sager received nearly $2.6 million from British companies including Hilux Services. The money was transferred to Sager’s account in the UAE.

The former ambassador wrote that the next revelation linked to this corruption scheme is involving a sex-scandal with the participation of Azerbaijan authorities and MEPs.

“I have already written that the key lobbyist of Azerbaijan in France, the President of the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan in France Jean-Francois Mancel and his wife are perverted and, sorry for giving so many details, they are fond of orgies. Almost all of the lobbyists have sexual deviations and strange sexual preferences. Baku was one of the beloved places for fun of different senators and MEPs. They come to Azerbaijan under the pretext of a working visit, but in reality they come to Baku for intimate relations and of course, it’s Azerbaijan who pays for all these. The hotel rooms where those meetings took place were equipped with cameras in advance and the authorities have videotaped everything.

A more reliable guardian article, but with less talk of orgies

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

I don't think it's the Russians he needs to worry about upsetting his apple cart, it will be something started by Estonians, Georgians, Ukranians or any other country he decides to overthrow using his active measures method.   And he keeps wanting to retake more and more of the old territory.  The "Active Measures" documentary lines out a lot of this. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11106195/Putin-privately-threatened-to-invade-Poland-Romania-and-the-Baltic-states.html

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

"If I wanted, in two days I could have Russian troops not only in Kiev, but also in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw and Bucharest," Mr Putin allegedly told President Petro Poroshenko of Ukraine, reported Süddeutsche Zeitung, a German newspaper.

If true, this would be the first time that Mr Putin has threatened to invade Nato or EU members. Any threat to send Russian troops into the capitals of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Romania would cause grave alarm among Western leaders.

The thing is, put NATO aside for a moment - I do not think Russia of 2018 could retake Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, and Romania.   Maybe one at a time, but by the time they got one or two, the rest would be dug in and ready.

Sure, Putin could put troops into those countries, but given his troubles with Ukraine (which has sucked up plenty of Russian hardware), and their troubles with keeping Muslim separatists/extremists down in some of the outer areas, and things like having to have a tugboat following their sole aircraft carrier around in case it breaks down again, I haven't seen them do a lot on the logistics front to make me think they could hold even three of those countries. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yuk said:

They ran a very similar campaign against Hillary as they did Tymoshenko. The only difference is our justice department isn’t corrupt enough to stick political opponents in jail. 

Lock her up

Gazprom/Uranium One

”orchestrated murders to cover up corruption”