Longhorn Network

TXs

For those of you still living in the dark ages, like myself, and are still paying exorbitant monthly fees for DirectTV; call them and ask about the extended sports pack promotion they ran this time last year.  
I called them on Monday and ended up getting it free for 3mos. ($13.99/mo thereafter).  So, I’ll see game 1, at least...I hope.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Streaming Options LHN...

• Sling Orange + $10 Sports Extra ($40/mo)***
  • Vidgo
  • AT&T TV NOW (Make sure your device has the App -- may not be on Roku)

***Look to see if there's a free 3day trial available for Sling

Maybe wait till Friday or Saturday to sign-up, but appears Vidgo is offering a FREE 3-Day trial that includes Longhorns Network at a $40 monthly rate for the Core Package...  Don't forget to cancel on Sunday!! 😁  

https://www.vidgo.com/subscribe-step2-promo?pr_id=2&promocode=core5off

Terms of use

VIDGO is a prepaid monthly television service where all taxes and fees are paid for in advance. Vidgo offers a 3 days free trial for customers who provide a credit or debit card. If you cancel the service within the first 3 days there will be no charge. After 3 days you will be charged the monthly subscription fee you signed up for. No refunds after cancellation will be issued for a partial month. You may cancel the service at any time. Pricing subject to change.

If you want to see package info it's here...

https://www.vidgo.com

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
On 9/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, BonzoMontreaux said:
Picked up Vidgo last night.  

What do you think? I'm deciding between sling and vidgo.

I wish I still had PSVue!  But seriously... LHN is in the base package.  No Fox Regional networks - Rangers fan so baseball season is dead to me.  I have had maybe 1 or two buffering issues but it does what it is supposed to do.  We spend most of TV time streaming off Netflix or Amazon or HBOMax with Disney + thrown in.  I know vidgo offers Paramount(Yellowstone) network but not AMC(Better Call Saul).  I have not spent that much time browsing other channels.  I have had Sling in the past so that is probably why I chose to give vidgo a shot since I know what sling does.  Not a knock on sling.  I am currently paying 40 dollars a month.

I wish I still had PSVue!  But seriously... LHN is in the base package.  No Fox Regional networks - Rangers fan so baseball season is dead to me.  I have had maybe 1 or two buffering issues but it does what it is supposed to do.  We spend most of TV time streaming off Netflix or Amazon or HBOMax with Disney + thrown in.  I know vidgo offers Paramount(Yellowstone) network but not AMC(Better Call Saul).  I have not spent that much time browsing other channels.  I have had Sling in the past so that is probably why I chose to give vidgo a shot since I know what sling does.  Not a knock on sling.  I am currently paying 40 dollars a month.

Thanks. I had Google fiber the last several years but recently moved, and Google doesn't offer it anymore. I'm trying YouTube TV right now. It checks all the boxes except LHN. So I might add Sling or Vidgo for the season. It just seems ridiculous to pay $40-$50/mo in exchange for probably 12 hours of fb games.

Edit: should have mentioned that I'll start with the trial

16 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Thanks. I had Google fiber the last several years but recently moved, and Google doesn't offer it anymore. I'm trying YouTube TV right now. It checks all the boxes except LHN. So I might add Sling or Vidgo for the season. It just seems ridiculous to pay $40-$50/mo in exchange for probably 12 hours of fb games.

Edit: should have mentioned that I'll start with the trial

Yeah, but you can drop it anytime without consequence at least.  I am considering holding on to it depending on how the sports year plays out.  

• Like 1

Here's one thing I've realized comparing Sling and vidgo. To get lhn on sling, you have to select the orange package + the sports package. With that combination, you can stream to only 1 device at a time. However, it appears that vidgo lets you stream to as many as 3 devices at once. So if you want to show the game on multiple screens at the same time (for a party, or if your fucking family members won't stop talking over the game), then vidgo might be the better option.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My att tv account allows 2 simultaneous streams I believe, for comparison. 
But I think I can get around that using the ESPN app with the att tv credentials instead of or concurrently with the att now app. 
or maybe I can only do espn app because of my location, I don’t recall. But for those in the region where it’s on your channel guide, you could try the ESPN app to get additional streams. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

34 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Here's one thing I've realized comparing Sling and vidgo. To get lhn on sling, you have to select the orange package + the sports package. With that combination, you can stream to only 1 device at a time. However, it appears that vidgo lets you stream to as many as 3 devices at once. So if you want to show the game on multiple screens at the same time (for a party, or if your fucking family members won't stop talking over the game), then vidgo might be the better option.

This is correct. But If you add sling blue for 15 more dollars you can stream to four tv’s.

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My att tv account allows 2 simultaneous streams I believe, for comparison. 
But I think I can get around that using the ESPN app with the att tv credentials instead of or concurrently with the att now app. 
or maybe I can only do espn app because of my location, I don’t recall. But for those in the region where it’s on your channel guide, you could try the ESPN app to get additional streams. 

And I just tried this with Sling. It still cuts you off if you try to use the ESPN app and sling on different TVs. So it appears the only way to do it on multiple TVs is to purchase orange, sports, and blue.

Edited by justhookit

40 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
53 minutes ago, justhookit said:
This is correct. But If you add sling blue for 15 more dollars you can stream to four tv’s.

Aah, I missed that. I am in my sling trial and really like it. I'm considering canceling YouTube TV and switching to sling now.

I haven’t played with Sling enough to have an opinion yet. What do you like better than YTTV? And how do you get locals? Antenna doesn’t work for me where I am so that’s why I have YTTV. 

I haven’t played with Sling enough to have an opinion yet. What do you like better than YTTV? And how do you get locals? Antenna doesn’t work for me where I am so that’s why I have YTTV. 
I don't watch TV that much and hadn't noticed that sling doesn't have locals. I'm not sure how important that is to me. I like that it has LHN and Nick Jr., neither of which is on YouTube TV.

17 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
19 hours ago, justhookit said:

I don't watch TV that much and hadn't noticed that sling doesn't have locals. I'm not sure how important that is to me. I like that it has LHN and Nick Jr., neither of which is on YouTube TV.

Nick Jr.? Dude . . .

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is LHN in HD on Dish full-time now? Or do they just show the one football game a year in HD and the rest of the time it's in SD like it used to be? Their website indicates it's in HD full-time but my guess is they are lying. 

Also, I'm pretty sure AT&T/Directv has the worst website of any major company in the United States. 

if they would just make it a stand alone app, or part of espn+, that would make my life a lot easier.  putting it on youtube tv would be perfect but i'm trying to not be greedy.  oh well, i can keep signing on to my friend's account, it's just i don't like being obliged to people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Got a stream? 

22 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Looking for one too. Hell I'll venmo some straight cash homie for a log in so I can watch the game tomorrow 

http://yrsprts.stream/live?v=lhn

https://dubsports.to/?channel=332af13e406740ca80ab3cae3552e787

All-Access re-airs at 8 PM tonight.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 3

Been using T-mobiles T-vision to get LHN and some locals.  Service is being cancelled by T-Mobile on the 29th.  If I switch to Youtube TV I can get most of the channels I want and all locals, but not LHN.  Can I get LHN on the Apple TV and Firestick by using the ESPN app since I have an ESPN subscription on Youtube TV?

Just now, Zone Read said:

Been using T-mobiles T-vision to get LHN and some locals.  Service is being cancelled by T-Mobile on the 29th.  If I switch to Youtube TV I can get most of the channels I want and all locals, but not LHN.  Can I get LHN on the Apple TV and Firestick by using the ESPN app since I have an ESPN subscription on Youtube TV?

Nope