No mo' peanuts on SWA

Doze

12 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Are they also gonna ban a old dusty pillow my cat has been sleeping on outside under a cedar tree during pollen season? 

yes,  but if you swear on a stack of greenpeace leaflets said cat is "service animal" then you can bring it.

WTF is going on that there are so many damn food allergies?  Is this just a fad like gluten allergies where 1 in 20 that say they are allergic are actually allergic?  It makes me surly when my kids can't bring a PB sandwich for lunch since PB actually has some nutritional value and is pretty much everybody loves it.

WTF is going on that there are so many damn food allergies?  Is this just a fad like gluten allergies where 1 in 20 that say they are allergic are actually allergic?  It makes me surly when my kids can't bring a PB sandwich for lunch since PB actually has some nutritional value and is pretty much everybody loves it.

Buy some sunbutter then. Tastes the same. No its not a fad and be thankful you don't have to change your eating habits because your kid cant eat peanut.

Your kid would probably be dead with your attitude towards food allergies if they had some.

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Are allergies worse than they used to be or are we just more cognizant of them?

the allergies are amped up on GMOs...

3 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

time to switch to almond butter & jam sandwiches?

Been doing above mentioned Sunflower butter and jam for our middle who is in a class with no PB allowed.

It has been no small task to get all the counterparties trained that my kid isn't eating PB.  

Actually not worth it, but we have already fought that fight. It's enough to make a man extremely cynical.

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Buy some sunbutter then. Tastes the same. No its not a fad and be thankful you don't have to change your eating habits because your kid cant eat peanut.

Your kid would probably be dead with your attitude towards food allergies if they had some.

If they can't eat a peanut, is it even a life worth living? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Been doing above mentioned Sunflower butter and jam for our middle who is in a class with no PB allowed.

It has been no small task to get all the counterparties trained that my kid isn't eating PB.  

Actually not worth it, but we have already fought that fight. It's enough to make a man extremely cynical.

The parent of the kid with the allergy works there and is very cool about everything. She acknowledges it's an inconvenience to the rest of the families, and is appreciative of our collective willingness to not send our kid to school with peanut butter. I feel so bad for the kid. He's allergic to so much shit. 

I am considering approaching the daycare with the sunflower/almond butter alternative.

58 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Bullshit. Dry pretzels are like eating salted cardboard.

My kids daycare banned peanut butter. No more PB&J, which was about 50% of our lunches.

Yeah, I'll take the pretzels, but you better serve them WITH my drink at the same time or I'm choking to death on them.

16 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If they can't eat a peanut, is it even a life worth living? 

Absolutely.  Peanuts arent the freaking saving grace to this country. I read online comments like yours all of the time on social media, and I just get kicked in the nuts with how much people can suck.its called empathy and its obvious you have very little. I would accommodate without a second thought of a passenger next to me would potentially die if I opened a bag of peanuts, and that was before my 3 y/o broke out in hives, sneezing and coughing after her first ingestion of peanut butter 2 years ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

You seem real mad and are mean and now my feelings are hurt.  I think I'll go eat some peanut butter to make myself feel better.

Not mad at all, just trying to make natural dumbshits like you understand how food allergies arent a fad. Its rare to be contact or airborne reactive to peanut. theyre out there but its probably 2% of them.

just a precautionary measure. I dont think id want my flight diverted so we can rush a fellow passenger to a nearby hospital because theyre dying from anaphylaxis. 

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Like 2

Anybody that says sunbutter or almond butter tastes the same as peanut butter is either full of shit or has the fucking palette of a 75 year old smoker.

I don’t think it tastes bad necessarily, but don’t try and pull that shit on a five year old expecting no questions.

Also, as far as this fight between a fictional kid and one with a peanut allergy - wouldn’t the fictitious one just have to slather themselves in Jif and rope a dope for a minute or two?

3 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Anybody that says sunbutter or almond butter tastes the same as peanut butter is either full of shit or has the fucking palette of a 75 year old smoker.

I don’t think it tastes bad necessarily, but don’t try and pull that shit on a five year old expecting no questions.

Also, as far as this fight between a fictional kid and one with a peanut allergy - wouldn’t the fictitious one just have to slather themselves in Jif and rope a dope for a minute or two?

parenting 101...if your kid is a picky eater at 5 years old, dont tell them youre switching to sunbutter, maybe start adding a tad more jelly.

yes they taste damn near the same. dont be so dramatic

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Jokes aside I am curious as to the theories as to why there are so many allergies.  Is it just being more aware of potential allergies and caution or has there been an actual spike in food allergies? 

I'm curious about this, too.  I'm skeptical of both explanations.  There may be a higher prevalance.  But at the same time, I suspect that in the good-old-days, a lot of people who have severe peanut allergies just lived as hermits and you never heard about them.

That was very considerate of them.  MN--have you considered the life of a hermit for your kid?  I mean, it worked out really well for St. Jerome. 

I didn’t tell him.  He isn’t really a picky eater on anything else.  He came back home and called me on it.

They absolutely do not taste the same.  So he stopped taking them to day care.

I’m sorry your kid can’t be around them, but don’t claim something that simply isn’t true because you don’t think it’s a big deal for other people to adapt to your child’s needs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not mad at all, just trying to make natural dumbshits like you understand how food allergies arent a fad. Its rare to be contact or airborne reactive to peanut. theyre out there but its probably 2% of them.

just a precautionary measure. I dont think id want my flight diverted so we can rush a fellow passenger to a nearby hospital because theyre dying from anaphylaxis. 

How about instead of going after us “natural dipshits”, you instead go after the “all-natural dipshits” who overreact to everything and Pretend they are intolerant to everything on the planet and have put such a boy who cried wolf into all this crap that no one believes anyone who is actually allergic