CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Lovie Smith and Muschamp are safe, imo. Apparently they love Muschamp, and Smith is bringing in some talent, even if they do have red flags. 

This can’t be representative. I don’ see Jimboned. However, given his relatively new exposure, and favorable onerous contract terms, probably not expected. Yet.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:29 AM, Laxtonto said:

I view it the other way. No way you saddle a new AD with dropping the axe on Helton, just because there may be a contingent that thinks he could have turned ti around this year if his QB didn't get hurt. Chop him now and then let the new guy make the HC hire...

The other question should be is if they fire Helton now, does that embolden the big money donors to start courting Urban to USC since there is no AD to help limit that level of insanity?

what if the new AD WANTS to fire Helton as part of taking the job?

On 9/20/2019 at 10:02 AM, LTtxfan said:

COACHES HOT SEAT

"Covering College Football Coaching from Miami to Honolulu"

Friday 20th September 2019 :: 10:01:05 am

HOT SEAT #1

HOT SEAT #2

HOT SEAT #3

HOT SEAT #4

HOT SEAT #5

HOT SEAT #6

HOT SEAT #7

HOT SEAT #8

HOT SEAT #9

HOT SEAT #10

ckelly3333.jpg

WillieT333.jpg

WillMuschamp2222.jpg

JF3333.jpg

JP2222.jpg

Lovie7717.jpg

CHelton333.jpg

ChrisAsh717118822.jpg

CStrong333.jpg

SteveAdda.jpg

Chip Kelly
UCLA

Willie Taggart

Florida State

Will Muschamp
South Carolina
Justin Fuente
Virginia Tech
Jeremy Pruitt
Tennessee

Lovie Smith

Illinois

Clay Helton

USC

Chris Ash

Rutgers

Charlie Strong
USF
Steve Addazio
Boston College

HOT SEAT #11

HOT SEAT #12

HOT SEAT #13

HOT SEAT #14

HOT SEAT #15

HOT SEAT #16

HOT SEAT #17

HOT SEAT #18

HOT SEAT #19

HOT SEAT #20

Dmartin333.jpg

REdwall2222.jpg

MBlom3333.jpg

KSumlin3333.jpg

BWilder333.jpb.jpg

MarkDant.jpg

CM3333.jpg

BBrenann8282.jpg

DDimel333.jpg

PMonty72772.jpg

Doug Martin
N. Mexico State

Randy Edsall

UConn

Mike Bloomgren
Rice
Kevin Sumlin
Arizona
Bobby Wilder
Old Dominion
Mark Dantonio Michigan State

Chad Morris

Arkansas

Brent Brennan

San Jose State

Dana Dimel
UTEP
P. Montgomery
Tulsa

HOT SEAT #21

HOT SEAT #22

HOT SEAT #23

HOT SEAT #24

HOT SEAT #25

HOT SEAT #26

HOT SEAT #27

HOT SEAT #28

HOT SEAT #29

HOT SEAT #30

DMason333.jpg

TonySanchezCHSTop7.jpg

SKitake7277272.jpg

JSmith333.jpg

ScottFrost333.jpg

GMalzahn333.jpg

MRule333.jpg

FWilson333.jpg

CBobo33.jpg

MikeNeu71171717222.jpg

Derek Mason
Vanderbilt

Tony Sanchez

UNLV

Kalani Sitake

BYU

Jonathan Smith

Oregon State

Scott Frost

Nebraska

Gus Malzahn

Auburn

Matt Luke

Ole Miss

Frank Wilson
UTSA

Mike Bobo
Colorado State

Mike Neu
Ball State

COACHES HOT SEAT RANKINGS hI

Have you ever read that blog?  Dude is a bit on the unhinged side.   

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It hasn't been mentioned here but Ash and Herman are close. They both coached together at Iowa State and Herman has a lot of respect for Ash. Watch for Ash to get a position in some capacity at Texas next year. 

Discussed in below posts different thread.    @Machinator brought up fact that Urban might hire Ash.   Herman and Ash also coached together at ohio state too...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It hasn't been mentioned here but Ash and Herman are close. They both coached together at Iowa State and Herman has a lot of respect for Ash. Watch for Ash to get a position in some capacity at Texas next year. 

Interesting that date on tweet above is in 2014.  That Ohio State/Wisconsin game Herman was referring to was Nov 17th, 2012.

If Orlando were to leave for a Head Coaching job, no doubt Herman might consider Chris Ash as a DC replacement if he's available...

Might be great for Herman to add Ash as a Defensive Analyst for a year or two...

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...

News this week on @williemackgarza

Wyoming: Safeties coach Willie Mack Garza has been suspended indefinitely following a DUI charge on Thursday night, the program has announced.  

https://247sports.com/Article/wyoming-cowboys-assistant-willie-mack-garza-dui-college-football-137124027/

Edited by LTtxfan

So, Lincoln makes $6 mil per year.  How much is the NFL going to have to pay him to leave OU?  Surely he knows he can probably sleepwalk to 9 or 10 wins and top 10 recruiting classes for the next two decades.  The NFL has no problem cutting a coach loose at even the smallest dip in success* and that's assuming he would have success in the NFL.  Really unless he thinks he's the next belichik he'd be smart to stay and try to be the belichik of CFB. I guess he can always come back to college like saban.

* Obvious exception is Jerry Jones.  

21 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

So, Lincoln makes $6 mil per year.  How much is the NFL going to have to pay him to leave OU?  Surely he knows he can probably sleepwalk to 9 or 10 wins and top 10 recruiting classes for the next two decades.  The NFL has no problem cutting a coach loose at even the smallest dip in success* and that's assuming he would have success in the NFL.  Really unless he thinks he's the next belichik he'd be smart to stay and try to be the belichik of CFB. I guess he can always come back to college like saban.

These are all reasons stoops never left.  Dominated the conference

Yea, but stoops quickly fell into being a CEO type coach.  Currently NFL fad is young offensive minded coaches.  I couldn't find how much kliff is making, but whatever it was it was after being fired from a mediocre program. Meanwhile Riley has ou in the top 5 and is probably as secure as saban.  

If I was Riley I'd ask for belichik money 5 years guaranteed.  

On 10/23/2019 at 7:30 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yea, but stoops quickly fell into being a CEO type coach.  Currently NFL fad is young offensive minded coaches.  I couldn't find how much kliff is making, but whatever it was it was after being fired from a mediocre program. Meanwhile Riley has ou in the top 5 and is probably as secure as saban.  

If I was Riley I'd ask for belichik money 5 years guaranteed.  

Riley is in a great position since his arch rival is flaming out. He is golden for years maybe a decade .

On 10/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

News this week on @williemackgarza

Wyoming: Safeties coach Willie Mack Garza has been suspended indefinitely following a DUI charge on Thursday night, the program has announced.  

https://247sports.com/Article/wyoming-cowboys-assistant-willie-mack-garza-dui-college-football-137124027/

Willie Mack is out at Wyoming.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/wyoming-football-assistant-willie-mack-garza-resigns-following-dui-arrest/article_23ac17c7-2dfa-5739-9c2c-6aef0bf319a7.html

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

How would y'all feel about Fickell replacing Dantonio? @Wally Fairway @Baboontyme

It seems like a good fit to me, but I don't know much about Michigan State's situation right now.

If I'm Fickell, I wouldn't touch that Mich State job.  Always 4th fiddle to Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State...

It's a tough spot for sure. Also have to recruit against ND. Hell that is why the Godfather himself, Nick Saban, has publicly admitted he left (though there were other reasons, as well). It's why it's mind blowing to me that our fanbase and media wants to run Dantonio out of town. Even in the years that we beat those teams, we certainly don't out talent them. We just out tough them and have great chemistry and leadership. It didn't happen this year and there is a big hole in the roster from all of the attrition from the 2016 class. And yes I understand that ultimately it's Dantonio's fault that class didn't pan out. But I'll take my risks with the guy who has done what literally no one else ever has, as long as he has a pulse. 

If Dantonio retired this offseason, sure I'd take a look at Fickell. I don't think he will and I don't think Fickell will be available 2-4 years down the road when Dantonio finally steps down. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Clooney said:

How would y'all feel about Fickell replacing Dantonio? @Wally Fairway @Baboontyme

It seems like a good fit to me, but I don't know much about Michigan State's situation right now.

My list for a replacement starts with Narduzzi, then some P5 coaches, I'm not against Fickell also Mike Tressel (or at least keep him on the staff.

I agree with all of what @Baboontyme said, but want to add that I have no confidence in the current AD to direct this search ( the reasons are many, and too long to list here, or to boar a group of Longhorn fans)

On 10/23/2019 at 7:01 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Jeff Fisher says hold my beer

Aggy Chad might be in trouble at Arky.  He had some slack at the beginning of the year because of the situation that Bert left them in.  However, they're getting blown out by bad teams at this point.  They're comically bad.  Chad's Waterloo might come this Saturday.  Western Kentucky comes to town and their QB played at Arky last year and Morris ran him off in favor of whatever they have now.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Aggy Chad might be in trouble at Arky.  He had some slack at the beginning of the year because of the situation that Bert left them in.  However, they're getting blown out by bad teams at this point.  They're comically bad.  Chad's Waterloo might come this Saturday.  Western Kentucky comes to town and their QB played at Arky last year and Morris ran him off in favor of whatever they have now.

I can't find one ounce of sympathy for the swine. Anyone who's been to one of our games there, hell even when we've both been to the CWS they've been giant cuntbags. Not the playful kind that can be enjoyed in a small dose or for a night either.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:32 PM, CycleTex87 said:

So if you get busted driving drunk, you will get fired, no matter how cool your name is

"Along with Stoops taking over as head coach, sources said that Kendal Briles will remain on staff as offensive coordinator, while Jim Leavitt would be retained as defensive coordinator. The source went on to say that with keeping Briles on staff as offensive coordinator, it could turn into a head coach in waiting role. Stoops is 59, would want to groom a successor before he retires."

Edited by LTtxfan