CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

Just now, Loco said:

lol those programs looking for coaches...  not many chairs and the music is going to stop soon

Norvell's agent is going to have to seek medical help after 4 hours.  His client is the kinda hot chick with a lazy eye who is the last female at the bar... and it's almost closing time.

I think Norvell get's one of the better gig's just after the Championship game.

Most think he's headed to FSU.

12 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Most think he's headed to FSU.

I don't think they can afford to get in a bidding war.  They should punt and give a cheap contract/buy out to Odell (and staff) and make plans for the future.  Of course, that's probably the smart thing to do, so you can be assured they won't do that.

2 hours ago, Loco said:

I don't think they can afford to get in a bidding war.  They should punt and give a cheap contract/buy out to Odell (and staff) and make plans for the future.  Of course, that's probably the smart thing to do, so you can be assured they won't do that.

FSU can just use the aggy buyout money they got for Jimbo. Oh wait, they pissed all of that away on Taggart.

Leavitt interviewing for Head Coaching Jobs

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-jim-leavitt/

He conducted a phone interview for the Colorado State job earlier this week.Sources say Leavitt has been eyeing the South Florida job since it became apparent it would open this fall. Leavitt was actually the first coach in USF football history, initially leading the Bulls on the field as an FCS independent in 1997. 

14 minutes ago, Loco said:

ELOA-1wXkAMrtzd?format=jpg&name=medium

Sources: Deal in place to bring Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss (Update: Now official)

Saturday Update: The deal is now official.

“I couldn’t be more excited to welcome Coach Kiffin to the Ole Miss family,” AD Keith Carter said. “As we entered this process, we were looking for energy, innovativeness and a program builder who could excite our student-athletes and fans. Coach Kiffin checked every box and is a home run for our program. I look forward to locking arms with him to take Ole Miss Football to a championship level.”

The Rebels announced the deal shortly after Kiffin’s FAU team won the Conference USA title game. He will be introduced at 2 p.m. ET on Monday.

Head Coach Tracker...

Team 2019 Coach 2020 Coach
Appalachian State Eli Drinkwitz Shawn Clark?
Arkansas Chad Morris Sam Pittman
Boston College Steve Addazio  
Colorado State Mike Bobo Butch Jones?
Florida Atlantic Lane Kiffin  
Florida State Willie Taggart Mike Norvell
Fresno State Jeff Tedford  
Memphis Mike Norvell  
Missouri Barry Odom Eli Drinkwitz
New Mexico Bob Davie  
Old Dominion Bobby Wilder Ricky Rahne?
Ole Miss Matt Luke Lane Kiffin
Rutgers Chris Ash Greg Schiano
South Florida Charlie Strong Jeff Scott?
UNLV Tony Sanchez  
UTSA Frank Wilson Jeff Traylor
Washington Chris Petersen Jimmy Lake

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

wow only 17 this year it seems like this year was a bigger year than others recently, but it is the opposite

there is still time for more firings after bowl disappointments

I guess this was just a big year for programs that get a lot of comments around here like Arkansas,  Ole' Miss, UTSA, FSU and the like...plus it is like USC has fired their coach then didn't

another interesting thing too is most of the programs left on the list to hire are not the ones that will be hiring a head coach away from another program they are probably going to be hiring coordinators or retreads without a job right now so that will probably not bump up the coaching change numbers significantly

Head Coach Tracker...

Team 2019 Coach 2020 Coach
Appalachian State Eli Drinkwitz Shawn Clark?
Arkansas Chad Morris Sam Pittman
Boston College Steve Addazio Mike Elko?
Colorado State Mike Bobo Butch Jones?
Florida Atlantic Lane Kiffin KendalBriles?
Florida State Willie Taggart Mike Norvell
Fresno State Jeff Tedford  
Memphis Mike Norvell Barry Odom?
Missouri Barry Odom Eli Drinkwitz
New Mexico Bob Davie  
Old Dominion Bobby Wilder Ricky Rahne?
Ole Miss Matt Luke Lane Kiffin
Rutgers Chris Ash Greg Schiano
South Florida Charlie Strong Jeff Scott?
UNLV Tony Sanchez MarcusArroyo?
UTSA Frank Wilson Jeff Traylor
Washington Chris Petersen Jimmy Lake

Edited by LTtxfan

27 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Eli Drinkwitz is a solid name.

He grew up in Alma, AR. I figured it couldn't be very far from the home of the best winery in the world (Wiederkehr), located in beautiful Altus, AR. And yep, only 45 minutes down the road.

I think Post Winery has something to say about that

May not be Odom at Memphis??

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/education/article/No-15-Memphis-tabs-Silverfield-as-Tigers-14891502.php

Memphis has named Ryan Silverfield as the Tigers' interim coach, and athletic director Laird Veatch will oversee the search to replace Mike Norvell after he was introduced as Florida State's new coach.   Silverfield was Norvell's deputy head coach and co-offensive coordinator in Memphis' best season yet, and he will be a candidate to replace his former boss.

Ryan Silverfield makes outstanding case to be Tigers next coach

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Article/Ryan-Silverfield-makes-outstanding-case-to-be-Tigers-next-coach--140134248/

Edited by LTtxfan

Has a great pedigree at putting together strong defenses, Texas A&M's is 32nd in the NCAAs this year and last, Notre Dame's was 30th, 46th at Notre Dame.

I'm pretty sure that sentence writer is not a native english speaker.
In the cons, he's right. Elko hasn't exactly wowed the world.

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

May not be Odom at Memphis??

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Article/Ryan-Silverfield-makes-outstanding-case-to-be-Tigers-next-coach--140134248/

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/education/article/No-15-Memphis-tabs-Silverfield-as-Tigers-14891502.php

Memphis has named Ryan Silverfield as the Tigers' interim coach, and athletic director Laird Veatch will oversee the search to replace Mike Norvell after he was introduced as Florida State's new coach.   Silverfield was Norvell's deputy head coach and co-offensive coordinator in Memphis' best season yet, and he will be a candidate to replace his former boss.

So if Silverfield gets Memphis is the only other job out there probably looking for an offensive minded coach FAU?   Trying to think if any other jobs open GH would be a candidate for at this point (not that I've seen GH linked to Memphis at all).  It doesn't seem like GH would be a fit at FAU either having never coached in Florida.   

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

So if Silverfield gets Memphis is the only other job out there probably looking for an offensive minded coach FAU?   Trying to think if any other jobs open GH would be a candidate for at this point (not that I've seen GH linked to Memphis at all).  It doesn't seem like GH would be a fit at FAU either having never coached in Florida.   

Do you even Josh Heupel, bro?

10 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

Do you even Josh Heupel, bro?

Uhhh... he's HC at probably the best non Power 5 job in the country.  Don't think he's a candidate.  Or are you saying he hadn't coached in Florida before UCF?  If so, fair point, but had a thicker resume than GH.   

Edited by Skipper