CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

New York Giants: The Giants are interviewing Jason Garrett for their offensive coordinator position reports Mike Garafolo.

Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers have hired Matt Canada as quarterbacks coach. Canada spent 2019 out of football after serving as Maryland’s interim head coach in 2018.

New York Giants: Joe Judge is not retaining outside linebackers coach Mike Dawson, defensive backs coach Everett Withers or offensive assistant Ryan Roeder Dan Duggan has tweeted.

Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys are hiring Skip Peete as running backs coach Lindsey Thiry is reporting.

Oregon: Multiple reports now say Joe Moorhead has accepted the offensive coordinator position on Mario Cristobal’s staff.

4 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

"With Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente staying put, names in contention at #Baylor include #LSU DC Dave Aranda, Cajuns coach Billy Napier and Baylor assistant Joey McGuire, per sources."

So which of the remaining 3 candidates would be the best hire for Baylor... and which would be the worst hire?

Edited by LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So which of the remaining 3 candidates would be the best hire for Baylor... and which would be the worst hire?

McGuire is probably the safest hire, following Rhule's departure.  Conventional wisdom has Napier being as good of an up-and-comer as is still out there right now.  Aranda is the highest beta option on the table.

17 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Promoting McGuire would likely help them keep Okam, as well.

I'm assuming that one way or another, Texas is going to expect an answer from Okam today. This is entirely me speculating, but if he's their top target (assuming Herman didn't ask him about meaning of Commitment on the phone) they are going to want to announce him and have him locked in for this weekend. They're probably going to try and leverage uncertainty in Baylor for a quick answer, at least I would if I were the head guy at Texas. I'm hoping Herman has a list of guys ready to accept before this weekend that are good, but I know better than to shit in my other hand and run that fucking experiment with this guy. 

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Wow, so in essence the Panthers have done this if true.

Baylor out a head couch

LSU out an OC

LSU out a DC

#KeepPounding

And half the team declared for the draft. Oh, and Odell Beckham caught on camera handing out wads of cash to players.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'll fucking toast Baylor hiring Joey McGuire. The odds of that working out are pretty damned slim. He's not Gus Malzahn or Art Briles. 

Oh, I agree. But the odds of Baylor hitting on Briles, Rhule, and the next coach consecutively were always pretty slim- just look at our wake of destruction.

They aren't hiring Nick Saban, so this will most likely be a hire of a coach with good potential and not someone who has proven anything.

12 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Image result for Jerry Kill ice cream gif

He's fine now. They figured out that brain freeze was making him having seizures. 

BTW, the dude who got famous eating the Dilly Bar in the snow is Minny's audio assistant, not Jerry Kill.  Apparently he's still there.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'll fucking toast Baylor hiring Joey McGuire. The odds of that working out are pretty damned slim. He's not Gus Malzahn or Art Briles. 

Baylor's boards are almost all united in their desire for McGuire. He's also the guy Rhule officially blessed as the next man up after he left last week.

1 hour ago, Rhinotx said:

And half the team declared for the draft. Oh, and Odell Beckham caught on camera handing out wads of cash to players.

Yep, and Joe Burrow says it was real cash.

LSU might have screwed up letting Odell on the field and interacting with players, especially following the national championship when there are cameras everywhere.

Joe didn't do his former school any favors by coming out and saying it was real.

Congrats, guys. You won the national championship, had an amazing year and an amazing quarterback and now because of this you get the NCAA sniffing around. Plus they still have the Funes problem, which I don't believe the NCAA has closed the book on yet.