CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

38 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/28/lincoln-riley-lsu-rumors-oklahoma-bedlam

It still could happen but Ross is pretty plugged in. ( not that this article tied him down to anything) was kinda okay with Riley going because, maybe, just maybe, OU will suck at football and would be nice to see Aggy never beat LSU.

But also glad people have CUM situations like us. By god we will hope it’s happening until the ink is dry on someone else.

On a side note, I can’t believe everyone is staying at the current jobs and the Blue bloods that are open can’t money whip.

I don't think LSU's problem is they "can't money whip". They've just been all in on Riley and that's who they think they're getting. 

If they somehow miss on Riley I bet they circle back around to names like Aranda and Napier. Baylor/Florida better get moving to make those extensions and hiring official in case LSU misses on Riley. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 11/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

Yep. OU has hired 5 coaches since Switzer and the first three of those were miserable failures and resulted in a decade of losing (sound familiar?). They were stuck in carousel purgatory until they hit on a coordinator with no head coaching experience but a penis tooth like no other. Should Riley leave, and especially in this year's market, it's no guarantee they'll hit on a winner. As we know all too well, miss on that first guy and you're chasing the dragon thereafter for an indeterminate amount of time.

But also OU has had 10 coaches in 76 years (post WW2 era). 5 coached for 9 seasons total and the other 5 won 43 conference titles in 67 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He seemed to be waiting out for the LSU job. Wuth Riley out they must have a commitment from somebody up the ladder for Napier. Jimbo or Aranda? 

The Florida 247 mods have reported Napier wants the LSU job. I think this would be a done deal otherwise for Florida. Are they even targeting anybody else right now? It seems like they're just waiting on Napier. 

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It seems like UCLA would be stupid to get rid of Kelly now. There are bigger programs searching for a home run hire. And if Kelly gets his staff straightened out maybe he can start to win there.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

What do yah think about Chip now @Sbbruin ??

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

He has still massively underachieved.  But there’s no way UCLA’ is getting rid of him now.  

That's what I was thinking. I don't see how they could justify doing that in today's climate.

16 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yep - we need to wait and fire Sark in a buyer's market.  

There is no such thing as a buyer's market in coaching searches.  For there to be a buyer's market you need an excess of good coaches available.  By definition, the only coaches that are available are the ones that just got shit-canned from their previous job, unproven G5 types or the hot coordinator(s) at that time..

This isnt that hard to figure out. UF and Napier probably signed an offer letter last week at some point and Napier was trying not to announce so he doesn’t burn his team with the SB title game coming up. UF is leaking like crazy to solidify their recruiting and some of them don’t give a shit if it hurts UL

Edited by Laxtonto
Stupid phone

12 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Is LSU still dealing with the off the field stuff? Potential penalties could very well be influencing any potential coach.

Are we sure this is going to matter in a year? The ncaa proposed a new constitution that is going to likely give all of the power to the power conferences, including the power to punish and set rules for p5 schools. I’m honestly shocked we don’t hear more about this development as it could completely change who gets punished and what punishments might be. 

1 minute ago, Jhawk said:

Are we sure this is going to matter in a year? The ncaa proposed a new constitution that is going to likely give all of the power to the power conferences, including the power to punish and set rules for p5 schools. I’m honestly shocked we don’t hear more about this development as it could completely change who gets punished and what punishments might be. 

I wouldn't expect any SEC school to listen to a thing the NCAA says at this point.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I wouldn't expect any SEC school to listen to a thing the NCAA says at this point.

From what I’ve read, it sounds like the ncaa is only going to govern the smaller divisions and maybe the small conferences. I think the P5 is literally going to be handed the authority to throw the rule book out the window.