CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Things we know:

OU sucks beaver taint

Lincoln Riley did some funny ass shit saying he will NOT be the next coach at LSU

UF has put LSU in a tough spot, knowing that Napier was possibly plan B after Riley 

Things we don’t know:

Which aggy men’s tennis player will assfuck Jimbos wife and force his hand to take the job at LSU

I am somewhat surprised that in the soon to be reunited UT-OU-A&M love triangle; the Aggies wound up with the best coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Riley said he wasn’t taking the LSU job  only to take the USC job a few hours later. It also sounds like OU had no idea this was coming. 

Riley better never step foot in Oklahoma again. 

I think castiglione had an idea. And he’s good because he makes solid hires in all sports and he puts his athletic department in positions to win from fucking Norman, OK

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, taybo20 said:

I think castiglione had an idea. And he’s good because he makes solid hires in all sports and he puts his athletic department in positions to win from fucking Norman, OK

Moser was a good hire but far from a splash hire like Beard. Skip Johnson was a very meh hire that’s ended up being terrible in baseball. 

I haven’t been impressed with some of his other hires either in sports like women’s basketball and soccer. Very meh to bad hires. 

I guess I’ll see what he does in football but losing somebody like Riley isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of Castiglione to start with. CDC is hiring much better coaches than Castiglione if you assume it was Eltife that hired Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, C-Man said:

Conference strength aside, I think it reeks of being a mostly-lateral move unless they're going to double what he's making -- or could make -- at SMU. There is zero reason (in my mind anyway) that SMU can't get to TCU's level of the last decade-plus with the right coach. Dykes is the best they've had since the Pony Express days.

I had similar thoughts, but someone mentioned facilities.  TCU managed to upgrade with Big XII money, SMU practices in a field on Mockingbird.  Amon Carter is a bigger/nicer field than Gerald Ford.  Neither one will be able to move up from where they are, most likely.

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Riley said he wasn’t taking the LSU job  only to take the USC job a few hours later. It also sounds like OU had no idea this was coming. 

Riley better never step foot in Oklahoma again. 

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

There's no way he didn't know. No way this all happened in the last 12 hours and Riley just decided to take this job today. It's been worked on for a while. I'm guessing the USC AD asked permission, or at least informed him, that they were going to talk to Riley. AD's especially at schools like these are not going to go behind anyone's back, at least once things get serious. Maybe some preliminary conversations happened, to determine interest, but nothing serious without others knowing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Moser was a good hire but far from a splash hire like Beard. Skip Johnson was a very meh hire that’s ended up being terrible in baseball. 

I haven’t been impressed with some of his other hires either in sports like women’s basketball and soccer. Very meh to bad hires. 

I guess I’ll see what he does in football but losing somebody like Riley isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of Castiglione to start with. CDC is hiring much better coaches than Castiglione if you assume it was Eltife that hired Sark. 

Idk man…it’s not like he has Texas money to just whip around. He’s basically got 1 sport that has any interest in the state. Maybe softball when people are bored. He’s done a pretty good job with mens basketball. 

9 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Is not too early talk assistants/coordinator movement?  How long into this week does it take sark to make his adjustments.

Wait until after NSD. OU is about to lose a bunch of recruits and possible transfers due to this timing.

USC is gonna be hot for both.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Let's be honest.  Matt Rhule is the obvious pick here.  Makes perfect sense for both sides.

Why would Matt Rhule want to take a pay cut and give up the professional status that comes with being an NFL head coach if he doesn't have to? NFL head coach much more prestigious than college head coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

Why would Matt Rhule want to take a pay cut and give up the professional status that comes with being an NFL head coach if he doesn't have to? NFL head coach much more prestigious than college head coach.

More pressure and longer hours in the NFL, for starters. Quality of life for a CFB head coach is better according to Spurrier, among others. 

22 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The OU boards love them some Shane Beamer. 

That seems like it would be a terrible hire and about best case scenario for Texas fans. So please do it OU. 

If Shane wants to go back to Norman to do special teams, great. Otherwise, no thanks.

Edited by quigley