CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

39 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Pretty much everywhere.  Per this site it was #1 most expensive in Texas in 2020.  Now it is #2.

https://www.homesnacks.com/most-expensive-cities-in-texas/

Here are the 10 most expensive places to live in Texas for 2021:

1. Fair Oaks Ranch
  2. College Station
  3. Prairie View
  4. Fredericksburg
  5. San Marcos
  6. Huntsville
  7. Granbury
  8. Addison
  9. Austin
  10. Webster

Population: 113,686
Rank Last Year: 1 (Down 1)
Home Price To Income Ratio: 5.3x (6th most expensive)
Income To Rent Ratio: 46.6x (29th most expensive)
More on College Station: Real Estate | Data | Photos

The median income in College Station comes in at $45,820 and the median home value is $241,600 for 2021.

Uh, that is ranking of house price to income. You need to show price per square foot average for house and land.

7 minutes ago, G650 said:

Uh, that is ranking of house price to income. You need to show price per square foot average for house and land.

I just posted a site.  Now you have me doing research, and I don't even live there.  But I do a lot of business there.

Looks like the average price per sqft in CS is currently $184 for a home.  I have no idea about average price per acre etc.

https://www.rate.com/research/college_station-tx/price-per-square-foot

Edited by Moby Ric

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Nick Kelly, The Tuscaloosa News
Fri, December 10, 2021, 9:14 AM

Alabama football coach Nick Saban’s contract extension through the 2028 season is official after the compensation committee of the University of Alabama system board of trustees approved the deal in a virtual meeting Monday.

The university announced it had agreed on the extension with Saban in early June, a deal that would add three years to his contract, keeping him in Tuscaloosa through at least February 2029.

His base salary will remain $275,000. His talent fee for 2020-21 was $8.425 million and will continue to grow at a rate of $400,000 annually. It will reach $11.225 million in the final year of the extension. With his base salary and talent fee, he is set to make $11.5 million in 2028-29.

Saban is set to become the first college coach to reach $10 million in annual recurring compensation during this contract in 2023-24. He will also receive an $800,000 completion benefit each year through 2025 upon finishing each season.

This article originally appeared on The Tuscaloosa News: Nick Saban gets massive contract extension from Alabama

SIAP

Still a bargain.  It’s amazing 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

So I went to texags to see who they were going after for DC.  Several mentioned Muschamp.  My understanding is the he absolutely hated the ags but money can change opinions.  

The fact that he is still getting buyout money from SCar means he doesn't have to jump at paychecks. 

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Wilcox can recruit.  Chip can't.  Or doesn't like to.  And recruiting is the lifeblood of Oregon. And any school really.  If Chip goes, we need a relentless recruiter to go toe-to-toe with Lincoln.

Wilcox is sucking shit through a straw at Cal, admittedly a recruiter's nightmare. Chip kicked ass at Oregon, a school that recruits itself.

I can't tell who really is the better recruiter but it doesn't matter. If down to those two, Oregon is going to go with what worked before.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:05 PM, BearSchlong said:
On 12/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, G650 said:
Doubtful. UVA is a hard place to coach. You deal with academics like ND without the football draw.

Been getting an earful from my sis and her UVA booster friends, the sentiment is that football is overlooked and that they want a few years of "a rising tide floats all boats, i.e. academics, prestige, national perception" attention on the football program.

I heard that the Board has authorized to dumb around $10mil into the football program. 

16 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Pretty much everywhere.  Per this site it was #1 most expensive in Texas in 2020.  Now it is #2.

https://www.homesnacks.com/most-expensive-cities-in-texas/

Here are the 10 most expensive places to live in Texas for 2021:

1. Fair Oaks Ranch
  2. College Station
  3. Prairie View
  4. Fredericksburg
  5. San Marcos
  6. Huntsville
  7. Granbury
  8. Addison
  9. Austin
  10. Webster

Population: 113,686
Rank Last Year: 1 (Down 1)
Home Price To Income Ratio: 5.3x (6th most expensive)
Income To Rent Ratio: 46.6x (29th most expensive)
More on College Station: Real Estate | Data | Photos

The median income in College Station comes in at $45,820 and the median home value is $241,600 for 2021.

Lol that list is shit

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

WARNING -- Not sure how reliable this is...

Many aggy on texags want Jimbo to promote him to DC (I want him to leave for the tears). 

According to aggy Elko has zero zilch nada impact on recruiting.. so it's not a loss he's leaving.. LOL right.  

18 hours ago, Catpfish said:

I'm pretty sure that the median home price they show for Austin ($337K) is nowhere near correct.  I would bet that Pfugerville, Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park and several areas down south exceed that number on their own.

Show me a house in austin for 337k and I will buy every single one of them

• Hook 'Em 1

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports there are "questions in league circles" about whether Urban Meyer's stay in Jacksonville could end after one season.

Jaguars players vented their frustration to Rams players after last week's loss, according to Pelissero, while assistant coaches have been thrown under the bus for Jacksonville's 2-10 season. Meyer's public comments "shifting blame to players and coaches" has created a toxic environment, with multiple heated exchanges between the team and Meyer. Respected veteran and team captain Marvin Jones became so upset with Meyer's criticism of the receiver group that he left the practice facility until staff members convinced him to come back, while Trevor Lawrence had to question Meyer on the sidelines after his first-quarter benching of star RB James Robinson last week. For now, there are no signs that owner Shad Khan is considering firing Meyer, but that could change as Meyer continues to lose the locker room. There hasn't been a coach this out of his league with this much backlash in the NFL since Chip Kelly's tenure in Philadelphia, and Urban is likely headed for a similar fate.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Patterson is in Mexico right now.  Level a TCU friend that was on the plane with him.  Refused to give me any intel (or bug him about it).

They said to expect news in January if this were to happen. Leads me to believe there may be some sort of end of year contract thing to navigate. 

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

They said to expect news in January if this were to happen. Leads me to believe there may be some sort of end of year contract thing to navigate. 

Waiting until January very possible -- Gare may be trying to maximize payout from tcu contract due to tcu letting him go...