CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

22 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

According to USA Today, other coaches on the hot seat include Barry Odom(Mizzou), Scotty Montgomery(East Carolina), Mike Jenks(Bowling Green)

Odom got an extension last year.  Unless he completely bombs he’s not going to get fired this year.

Brace yourselves for the insanity if Beaty is fired, because Jeff Long loves Bret Bielema and that dude would be a great fit at Kansas. I feel like I almost need this to happen.

I think Clay Helton has a higher than obvious of getting shown the door after the season if USC surprises with a down year. 

I think Orgeron's buyout is something like $15million? There's no way they pony up after this season, is there?

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Brace yourselves for the insanity if Beaty is fired, because Jeff Long loves Bret Bielema and that dude would be a great fit at Kansas. I feel like I almost need this to happen.

I think Clay Helton has a higher than obvious of getting shown the door after the season if USC surprises with a down year. 

I think Orgeron's buyout is something like $15million? There's no way they pony up after this season, is there?

Belemia at KU would be great, giving them the undisputed title for hiring coaches capable of eating their opponent to victory.  What's Charlie Weis up to as a potential OC candidate?   It would take the entire state of Kansas food production to feed the staff but they might actually be OK again.  

11 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Belemia at KU would be great, giving them the undisputed title for hiring coaches capable of eating their opponent to victory.  What's Charlie Weis up to as a potential OC candidate?   It would take the entire state of Kansas food production to feed the staff but they might actually be OK again.  

They survived Mangino. They got this. 

Most of those prospects are bad coaches at a bad school...that mostly doesn't care that they stink.  The 1st head coach fired will be a bad coach at a bad school, who does something bad.  From that list I gotta say Davie.  He's already done bad things, and the resulting unpleasantness many not yet be resolved.

If we're talking assistants, I think Ohio State is on board 1st, with WR coach Zach Smith.  That opening was backfilled internally.

8 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Saban "possible" in eyes of oddsmakers, but Jumbo wouldn't even consider leaving aggy.

I think in the eyes of the odds makers it’s more like “tOSU wouldn’t consider Jimbo.”   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this where we put predictions?

Lincoln Riley to Cowboys - 'cus Garret just has to go. 

Stoops to Ohio State - 'cus Urbs is having heart palpitations and wants to spend time with the family.  Plus tOSU has a fresh, and never ending supply of dicks

Urbs to Oklahoma - 'cus family time is overrated and OU has an established co-ed/wife beating penalty chart with 5* serving mandatory red shirt year.  No surprises and no need to hide his affinity for this activity.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Is this where we put predictions?

Lincoln Riley to Cowboys - 'cus Garret just has to go. 

Stoops to Ohio State - 'cus Urbs is having heart palpitations and wants to spend time with the family.  Plus tOSU has a fresh, and never ending supply of dicks

Urbs to Oklahoma - 'cus family time is overrated and OU has an established co-ed/wife beating penalty chart with 5* serving mandatory red shirt year.  No surprises and no need to hide his affinity for this activity.  

if this were to happen, Herman would feast on ousux. It would be a reversal of mack/stoops, but with Texas not failing in big games.