CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

On 10/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Withers isnt far behind, unfortunately

Why unfortunately? I would hope Texas State expects better than 5-26. That's like, really really bad.

Also, currently on his wiki page:

Everett Withers single-handedly ruined the football program at Texas State University.[11]

That's not true. Texas State was told not to hire Fran, everyone knew how that would end up. That guy got a lot of jobs based on 1 year of good football at TCU.

Edited by relapse98

9 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Why unfortunately? I would hope Texas State expects better than 5-26. That's like, really really bad.

That's not true. Texas State was told not to hire Fran, everyone knew how that would end up. That guy got a lot of jobs based on 1 year of good football at TCU.

Guess Texas State now wishes they had hired Jeff Traylor....

On 10/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, relapse98 said:

That's not true. Texas State was told not to hire Fran, everyone knew how that would end up. That guy got a lot of jobs based on 1 year of good football at TCU.  The legs of LaDainian Tomlinson 

FIFY

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, USC just doesn't get it. Keep wandering around the desert, Trojans... 

Del Rio is not the answer. Jeff Fisher is tanned rested and ready.

Seriously, and this will never ever happen, but the Pirate would fucking wreck shop there. He's weird enough to turn down that gig though, even if they money whipped him. He wouldn't be able to walk to and from his office every day like he does in Pullman -- and 8 mile round trip like that in Compton would blow. 

• Like 1

What makes anyone think Riley is ready to coach in the NFL? So far he's won a lot of games with Stoops' players and 2 transcendent QB seasons. I would see how OU handles the rest of the schedule before I give Riley the keys to the Camaro. 

Then again it's the Browns.

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What makes anyone think Riley is ready to coach in the NFL? So far he's won a lot of games with Stoops' players and 2 transcendent QB seasons. I would see how OU handles the rest of the schedule before I give Riley the keys to the Camaro. 

Shhhhhh.

Don't ask those questions. The Browns might hear you.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

What makes anyone think Riley is ready to coach in the NFL? So far he's won a lot of games with Stoops' players and 2 transcendent QB seasons. I would see how OU handles the rest of the schedule before I give Riley the keys to the C̶a̶m̶a̶r̶o̶ Fiero

Seems more appropriate. 

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Urban leaves Ohio State and Stoops is the next head coach, that is some 4D nefarious backdealing chess. 

If the Ohio State job opens up, and they don't go after Day......

Who would Ohio State go after:

1) Matt Campbell

2) Lincoln Riley

3) Jeff Brohm

4) Lane Kiffin

5) Bob Stoops

6) Other??

LOL..... autocorrect changes Stoops to Stools 

Edited by LTtxfan

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Urban leaves Ohio State and Stoops is the next head coach, that is some 4D nefarious backdealing chess. 

Especially when you find out that Herman told Stoops that he would get Urban to leave by leaking info if he will leave the conference. 😲

11 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I am not sure I see Iowa opening up he is signed through 2026

Wow, he'll be 71 when his current contract expires!  Watch him get a few more extensions, just for "recruiting stabiliity" dontcha know!

Edit:  Here's the link to his contract:  https://hkm.com/football/contracts/kirk-ferentz/

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If the Ohio State job opens up, and they don't go after Day......

Who would Ohio State go after:

1) Matt Campbell

2) Lincoln Riley

3) Jeff Brohm

4) Lane Kiffin

5) Bob Stoops

6) Other??

LOL..... autocorrect changes Stoops to Stools 

Titans HC should be on the list somewhere around 4

56 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Ferentz could go .500 for 3-4 years and not be on the hot seat.  See 2005-2007 and 2010-2012

Just seems like this 2018 Iowa Team should have won the B10 West.  Buddies I know that are Iowa fans are pissed...... But if his contract is through 2026 like another Poster says, then he's probably safe.

Prediction:   In another year or two, look for some type of deal to be worked out to replace Ferentz if Brohm stays at Purdue

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Extra Anejo said:

I'm just waiting to see who KU hires. I'm not sure that program has to suck the way history indicates.

So they have run the gamut of different hires....

Weis....failed big time coach

Beatty...successful assistant coach at power 5 school

Gill....hot mid major head coach

Next will be semi retired but not quite done yet former successful power 5 coach. 

They need to go after successful NFL assistant and when that doesn't work the sell their soul to the evils of college football reclamation coaches will finish it off. 

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just seems like this 2018 Iowa Team should have won the B10 West.  Buddies I know that are Iowa fans are pissed...... But if his contract is through 2026 like another Poster says, then he's probably safe.

He’s absolutely safe. Ferentz is essentially part of the culture there  He has way more rope than any coach has ever had here  

Their QB Nate Stanley is trash. I’ve said it since I first saw him play. The Hawkeyes will be better once he’s gone. 

20 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Ferentz could go .500 for 3-4 years and not be on the hot seat

This. 

With Kirk Ferentz, Iowa has gone all in on 8-5 seasons with the occasional 10 win hiccup. His contract is a celebration of mediocrity rarely seen, leaving me convinced some B1G school either has a mole in the Iowa operation or a dossier full of blackmail photos. 

18 minutes ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

This. 

With Kirk Ferentz, Iowa has gone all in on 8-5 seasons with the occasional 10 win hiccup. His contract is a celebration of mediocrity rarely seen, leaving me convinced some B1G school either has a mole in the Iowa operation or a dossier full of blackmail photos. 

Ferentz to aggy for 10 years $50 million after jumbo.......they will brag they are saving money and still SEC SEC SEC and in the middle half of their division more consistently than anyone

On 11/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Jobs that will or might open??

Just spitballin' here.......

Kansas

Kansas State

Louisville

Ohio State

USC

North Carolina

Maryland

Georgia Tech

Rutgers

Vandy

Iowa

Petrino, Fedora, and Snyder top this list

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-college-football-hot-seat-rankings-bobby-petrino-and-larry-fedora-are-under-fire/

Edited by LTtxfan