CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

Also, we should definitely hire Petrino as an offensive analyst (and do so before Saban can get to him).  Lock him in a dark room watching film and coming up with plays and keep him far, far away from our players.

Can you imagine him and Herm teaming up to crush opposing defenses and Asian massage parlors?  Unstoppable.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Word is MacIntyre out at Colorado.  Not sure they can do better than him.

They should hire Jim Leavitt. They haven't been as good since he left. Surely it's been long enough since he got fired for being mean to players at USF that he's due to get a head coaching gig again. 

28 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Also, we should definitely hire Petrino as an offensive analyst (and do so before Saban can get to him).  Lock him in a dark room watching film and coming up with plays and keep him far, far away from our players.

We should also keep him far, far away from staff.  And motorcycles.

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Helton's buyout is rumored to be $15 mil after Swan's genius move to extend him after last season.  You know, because he was going to get stolen away.

Deep pocket alumni would have step up.......

'Cause State of California is not in very good financial shape

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, taybo20 said:

I doubt that. Petrino was on very thin ice after Jurich got fired. And with shitty performances it became all the easier. 

I think they would've waited longer until they had Brohm in the bag, or until after the season, before firing Petrino otherwise. I'd bet the back channel talks began the morning after Purdue's upset of #2 OSU.

'Trust us, recruits. Everything's going to be fine.'

12 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

The only bizjet that left Lawrence in the last 2 hours per flightradar24 is descending into Colorado Springs right now. Air Force coach? Nah, probably shoes for the bball team.

I bet it was to interview Jedd Fisch, the Rams assistant. The Rams were practicing at the Air Force Academy. 

19 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Can you imagine him and Herm teaming up to crush opposing defenses and Asian massage parlors?  Unstoppable.

Coeds wouldn’t be safe either.

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think they would've waited longer until they had Brohm in the bag, or until after the season, before firing Petrino otherwise. I'd bet the back channel talks began the morning after Purdue's upset of #2 OSU.

'Trust us, recruits. Everything's going to be fine.'

I would imagine there were talks happening even before the Ohio state upset, and Petrino got fired. But you’re a buckeye so I get why you’d see it that way. But they lose nothing firing him now. In fact they probably gain the added advantage of showing they want a change now.

32 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I would imagine there were talks happening even before the Ohio state upset, and Petrino got fired. But you’re a buckeye so I get why you’d see it that way. But they lose nothing firing him now. In fact they probably gain the added advantage of showing they want a change now.

It has nothing to do with where I went to school. Purdue's season wasn't going so well. They still might not make it to a bowl game. They need to beat either Wisconsin at home or Indiana on the road to get bowl eligible. They just got drilled at Minnesota.

Unless you think Louisville would hire him even if he was winless this season, the OSU win was a statement game on his resume. Do you think talks started when Purdue started 0-3 with a home loss to Eastern Michigan and Louisville was 2-1 with only a loss to Alabama?

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It has nothing to do with where I went to school. Purdue's season wasn't going so well. They still might not make it to a bowl game. They need to beat either Wisconsin at home or Indiana on the road to get bowl eligible. They just got drilled at Minnesota.

Unless you think Louisville would hire him even if he was winless this season, the OSU win was a statement game on his resume. Do you think talks started when Purdue started 0-3 with a home loss to Eastern Michigan and Louisville was 2-1 with only a loss to Alabama?

My point is Petrino was out regardless of Purdue. So there were talks happening whether internal or external and with or without Brohm mentioned. Things just happen to be aligning nicely for Louisville right now. 

Petrino was only brought back because of Jurich. Ever since he was fired, Louisville admin has been wanting a clean break from “his guys”. 

Edited by taybo20

On 11/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, Katfid54 said:

Anyone remember in 2012, when Scipio suggested that we fire Mack and hire Gary Andersen, Mike MacIntyre, or Dave Doeren?

Yikes.

Anyone have the spreadsheet that showed coaches success vs recruiting rankings? I was fully behind Andersen at the time. I thought he was going to kill it at Wisconsin, but he got the crazy at some point.

Edited by Llogg
19-6, he kinda did kill it at Wiscy

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Deep pocket alumni would have step up.......

'Cause State of California is not in very good financial shape

It's a private university, so of course it would have to be alumni.  But the university is hemorrhaging from the sex abuse scandal that is going to cost them 9 figures.  A $15 mil buyout, plus whatever it will cost to hire to a new coach might be more than they have the stomach for.  But there are some serious deep-pocket donors there.